Tell us 5 bands you can't stand AT ALL !

• Thread starter 8Fingers
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi

Reaction score
hmmmm

Judas Priest.
A lot of Iron Maiden (some songs are ok, vocals piss me off)
A lot of thrash (Most of it's been done, even back in the 80's a lot of it was just underwhelming. Drums are uninspiring and boring)
Emo
A lot of deathcore (a lot of it sounds the same)
Quite a bit of Death Metal (lets just copy Death and Pestilence etc for the next 10 years yah?)
Power metal
Metalcore post Unearths inception.
Half of slayers catalogue
Most of Metallicas Catalogue.
The Beatles
Anything with Jack White
Mars Volta
Punk post 1990.
Techno/Dance/House (This is just crap, devoid of anything inspiring or entertaining. Apparently programming music with no effort to learn or play it is now what makes you a musician.
College Rock/Indie alla Jason Mraz that jock fags learn to play to impress their equally musically retarded bimbo friends.
Stuff like Sun O))) or what ever the fuck they're called. It's just Noise...
Derek Bailey
Most rap (there are a few gems, but most of it is drowned out by the mediocrity of its contemporaries)
R&B circa 1990 (electronic pop masquerading as R&B? Surely you jest)

I sense some flames...

*Flame suit on*

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, Yoshi you pretty much can't stand music at all can you?

Izebecool

Reaction score
Haha yeah Im actually curious at what you actually do like yoshi.

Yoshi

Reaction score
Yeah, I've actually started to feel like that lately.

I used to love bands like Atreyu, Parkway etc but over the past 2 or so years I instinctively switch off from it. And a lot of stuff...I'm just finding it hard to find anything that's good now a days. I do have quite a few death metal/deathcore bands etc that I like, don't get me wrong, but a majority of it just turns me off.

adaman

Reaction score
1. The Fall of Troy
2. Protest the Hero
3. The Faceless
4. Mastodon
5. Whitechapel

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
I forgot to mention CSS (Cansei de Ser Sexy), a Brazilian band with a certain hype in Europe. My God, they're hideous! I've been told their gigs are funny at least.

I don't like any amelodic metal genre either. Grindcore (actually most "cores"), brutal death metal (as opposed to melodeath, I mean), most thrash metal, etc. I don't mind some of them (Sepultura and Meshuggah being two of them), but others annoy me beyond reason, including some of the classics like Kreator and Slayer.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
I forgot to mention CSS (Cansei de Ser Sexy), a Brazilian band with a certain hype in Europe. My God, they're hideous! I've been told their gigs are funny at least.

Hey Ipanema brother don't you like CSS?
They're awesome !
The best band ever!
We have so many AWESOME brazilian bands like.....:scratch:...:scratch:...:scratch:...:scratch:
I hate brazilian bands,all of them.
The only brazilian music I hear and really love is chorinho.
Abraco ai my friend.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
They're awesome !
The best band ever!
We have so many AWESOME brazilian bands like.....:scratch:...:scratch:...:scratch:...:scratch:
Abraco ai my friend.

What about Sepultura or Krisiun?

Do you hate 'Eddie' from tekken also?

Exactly,my ears always told me it's not music so...it's not. :cool:

Exactly, and my brain is always telling me "HES A CUNT" so...you are. :cool:

:noway:

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
They're awesome !
The best band ever!
Abraco ai my friend.

Haha

I do dig some Brazilian bands, most of which are independent, though. I must admit I do like Los Hermanos, though, and I have respect for a few others though I'd never listen to.

As far as traditional folk music goes, I'm with you - I only like chorinho as well :agreed:.

Btw, :welcome:

CrushingAnvil said:
What about Sepultura or Krisiun?

I guess he was actually refering to our local bands, not the international ones such as these, Angra, and Shaman. We have so few English-singing bands that we usually exclude them when we're talking about Brazilian music. It's as if they were something else.

That said, Sepultura live is (used to be?) absolutely killer even though I'm not into their style :hbang:

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
Haha

I do dig some Brazilian bands, most of which are independent, though. I must admit I do like Los Hermanos, though, and I have respect for a few others though I'd never listen to.

As far as traditional folk music goes, I'm with you - I only like chorinho as well :agreed:.

Btw, :welcome:

I guess he was actually refering to our local bands, not the international ones such as these, Angra, and Shaman. We have so few English-singing bands that we usually exclude them when we're talking about Brazilian music. It's as if they were something else.

That said, Sepultura live is (used to be?) absolutely killer even though I'm not into their style :hbang:

Yup those bands are brazilian but they don't play brazilian MUSIC.
I don't like them at all.
Thanks for the welcome bro yesterday I sold a marshall cab to a guy from there,he came here by bus(6 hours) and returned(+ 6 hours) with that cab.
Now he's tired but...............................happy :lol:

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I could rattle off hundreds of bands that blow, but instead I'll just stick to 5 "musicians" I can't stand.

1. Douchebag Darrell: Bland, boring guitarist, terrible tone, inability to write music with any scope or progressive element, marketing tool employed to overload guitar stores with badly made merchandise, played a guitar with a southern cross on it, allowed a racist to make white supremacy speeches at his gigs. Disgraceful behaviour, perhaps he died before the "swastika" guitar was finished!

2. Phil Anselmo: absolutely zero talent. Sounds like a phone pervet, taking a shit and having a heart attack simultaneously. Also a racist. Involved in loads of other crap bands who are also completely devoid of any talent.

3. "Sack" Wylde: Bland, lame guitar playing, humongous ego, terrible image. Looks like the whole "fake biker" chic caught on well with him, despite the fact the majority of his fans are 15 year old school kids with BLS patches sewn onto their rucksacks by their mams. Also involved with Ozzy Osbourne's music, a black hole that sucks in inspiration.

4. Slash: Again, bland, lame pentatonic playing (I see a pattern forming!) and a lame image. Who told him the top hat looked cool? Expect more of the same as above, terrible tone, music that could put you into a coma if you listen to more than a few songs.

5. Synester Gates: Before I even get to the fact that he sucks at guitar I will take a minute to lol hard at his stupid pseudonym and emo make up. I remember AX7 being described as "metal". :lol:. Ok, moving on, more bland minor pentatonic playing. Fuck yeah! Was there some kind of club for this musical movement that I didn't join and therefore missed out on? This guy is also part of the "sloppy sweep" movement. I lol hearing it on the cd when they pro-tool it up to sound clean, then he plays them live and fucking murders them. "City of evil"? "City of slop" more like :lol:

-TheWickerMan-

Reaction score
in no order

braindrill - the are the perfect example of whats wrong with most modern tech death, all speed and technicality, no sould or good structure/song writing, just a mesh of notes (i love tech death, which is why they bother me so much)

metallica - fucking hate how overrated they are, and with only 3 decent fucking albums

nickleback - no explanation needed

bring me the horizon - whats wrong with deathcore, unlike tech death though deqathcore is completely generic and boring

green day - no explanation needed

Benjo230

Reaction score
1 - Majority of music played on popular "metal" tv channels such as Kerrang and Scuzz.
2 - Any d'n'b/electronica/trance whatever. Especially when mixed with "rock" i.e. Pendulum *shudder*
3 - Most black/death metal bands.
4 - Anything put on my sisters ipod (Black Eyed Peas, Tinchy Stryder [wtf?!], Dizzee Rascal et al)
5 - Any band that's in the moist teenage girl genre... (by that i do mean band's that 99% of teenage girls are attracted to, the 1% being left for homosexual guys, NOT bands that consist of moist teenage girls)

Demiurge

Reaction score
braindrill - the are the perfect example of whats wrong with most modern tech death, all speed and technicality, no sould or good structure/song writing, just a mesh of notes (i love tech death, which is why they bother me so much)

I thought that they were decent for their genre; however, their MySpace break-up drama was embarrassing and has since made it impossible to take them seriously.

B36arin

Reaction score
1. The Beatles - I respect them for the impact they've had on modern music, but I can't stand their music, and I get in a bad mood whenever I hear it.

2. Creedence Clearwater Revival - No explanation needed.

3. Avenged Sevenfold - No explanation needed either. Plastic band.

4. Nickelback

5. Timbaland

adaman

Reaction score
:holy: :(

Fall of Troy AND Protest The Hero?

Ha Ha yep! I cant stand the whole screaming like a 15 year old girl thing that
both of these guys are into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')