Tell us 5 bands you can't stand AT ALL !

• Thread starter 8Fingers
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
damn right Austin. Although I must admit having watched a couple of dragon force clips on youtube for the entertainment factor. Musically though it's pure:fullofit:

oh yeah, the entertainment value of some of the parodies and such are off the charts

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
I like some C(K)orn songs but a whole record or concert is really boring.

I don't think so, I listen to several Korn albums in a row and then move on to my live dvd I have of them. Though, I haven't listened to Korn in a while; I've been on a Jag Panzer and Nevermore kick lately.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
Someone mentioned The Hive. And then there's also The Vines, which is even worse IMO.

SupaCoolMan2005

BringBackTheHeadbang
Reaction score
I like some C(K)orn songs but a whole record or concert is really boring.

I guess you've never been to a KoRn concert..They are the complete opposite to boring live. Even though i dont listen to them anymore plus they are one of the most interactive bands i know with a crowd other then LoG..And there Stage Presence is amazing so i have no idea what you are talking about.:scratch:

trenolds39

Reaction score
I can't think of a legitimate list because I usually never listen to bands I dislike, but here at two.

1. Avenged Sevenfold - they irritate me on multiple levels
2. Whoever that is in the new AT&T Commercial (Mary J. Blige?). I'm lucky I haven't had a brick in hand when that commercial plays. Rage ensues.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
I guess you've never been to a KoRn concert..They are the complete opposite to boring live. Even though i dont listen to them anymore plus they are one of the most interactive bands i know with a crowd other then LoG..And there Stage Presence is amazing so i have no idea what you are talking about.:scratch:

I watched their dvd with that out of place crap pink floyd cover.
Extremelly boring dvd to me.

Xanithon

Headbobbing Galore
Reaction score
Attack Attack!
The Jonas Brothers
Fall out Boy
Black Label Society
Brokencyde

Some of this stuff is horrible.
FOB, Jonas and Black Label i just plainly do not enjoy listening to - i don't enjoy BLS' sound either.

Pantera's tone really bugs me.. like REALLY bugs me.

Bumskull

Reaction score
1) Every pop band
2) Every rap band
3) Every death metal /deathcore/harcore/grindcore/metalcore/black metal band
4) Every band with the word "the" in their title
5) (I have to fit everything here) Every blues/j-pop/new romantic/fusion/country/ "hard rock" (not 70's stuff but today's version)/brit pop/ brit rock/ acoustic/ alternative/ acoustic alternative/beatles/rolling stones/Soloist bands

Oh yeah... AND HUGH JACKMAN!

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
1) Every pop band
2) Every rap band
3) Every death metal /deathcore/harcore/grindcore/metalcore/black metal band
4) Every band with the word "the" in their title
5) (I have to fit everything here) Every blues/j-pop/new romantic/fusion/country/ "hard rock" (not 70's stuff but today's version)/brit pop/ brit rock/ acoustic/ alternative/ acoustic alternative/beatles/rolling stones/Soloist bands

Oh yeah... AND HUGH JACKMAN!

So, pretty much you don't listen to music?:scratch:

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
ahhh, minimalistic and noise just reminded me of someone i forgot to mention, PHILIP GLASS....fucking r-tard hack.

Bumskull

Reaction score
Yes yes when he is tired of video games he keeps watching some out of the air channels with that white screen and................
sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

:lol:

LOL Very funny.

No i only listen to the bands that I like, and the bands that I like I'm obsessed to DEATH with. I just have very high standards. Anyway I know all the songs, albums, band member names, song lengths, and "band biographies" of:

Symphony X :hbang:
Dream Theater :hbang:
Opeth :hbang:
IQ :hbang:
Yes :hbang:
King Crimson :hbang:

Seriously, what I hate I REALLY HATE, and what I love I REALLY LOVE!

So fine judge me if you want I don't really care. Just don't ever call me a music-hater.

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
Considering how easy it is to place Opeth firmly in progressive death metal, you were far more broad than you needed to be. Not all death metal is Cannibal Corpse...

Jeff

Bumskull

Reaction score
Considering how easy it is to place Opeth firmly in progressive death metal, you were far more broad than you needed to be. Not all death metal is Cannibal Corpse...

Jeff

Yea I know, but it's not the screaming that gets me. I actually do like it, but it's just that my cousin used to live in my neighborhood, and from when I was 6 years old to 10 years he would always bring the same black boom box to my house every time he visited. It had this sort of metal casing and I think he got it signed by Laiho at 1 point. He would always just blast death metal stuff or even black metal for hours on end. Lol he used to call it the "metal box of the beast" that "unleashed the fire of hell with every song". To me it kinda became like 'dad' music, and I know that sounds ridiculous but it's really true. I liked it a little at first, but it got a little annoying to me after a while. The mentality i created around death metal was that the genre was "Harsha's (my cousins)", not mine. I always wanted to create my own musical journey through metal, and I didn't want to follow anyone else's path. Adithya taught me that. Anyway Harsha also showed me stuff (later on when I was about 12) like "Global Metal" after I developed my own taste for Metal. I really didn't like the fact that in almost every country Sam visited, including India, it was basically a lot of death/black metal bands that got their performances into the movie. I remember 1 mention of prog by some guy in an Indian band, and I checked his band out later. They are really good. I wish they had shown that in the video. In any case I wanted something a little more unique and odd and off the beaten path (even for metal). I can proudly say that ever since I was 11 prog has always been an interest that I've grown, cultivated, and cared for myself without anyone else's influence. I'm proud to call prog metal "mine, because even though the music isn't the experiences, memories, and friendships that I've built around the genre certainly are.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
The Strokes are pretty terrible too... laaaaaast niiiiight... :poop:

They do have some other hideous stuff on the same level as "Last Nite", but I admit I kinda like some of their stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
')