Tempting time first solo

• Thread starter demigod
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

demigod

Reaction score
Tosin teaches the two licks independently (the sweep and then the economy pickingish sweep one) but the tabs for the two combined doesnt look like what he is playing:scratch:
Anyway the tabs i got where quite off track according the tabs that GM provided, especially in regards to the way he picks. Anyone that can clear up the confusion..or that has covered it and sounds correct? XD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

penguin_316

Reaction score
the Guitar Messenger lesson(part2) only shows a small portion of the first solo. If you think about it as 3 different patterns...he only shows the first pattern.

Don't worry even if you have the tabs it's near inhuman to play lol...

demigod

Reaction score
yeah i know that but the picking is messed up lol.
Oh and "some other guy on youtube" managed to play it. guys if i work hard ill be able too...

penguin_316

Reaction score
it's just basic economy picking....all their picking notation seems correct to me except the 9 on the A string at the end of the sweep....should be an upstroke.

demigod

Reaction score
the way i have it is (the sweep from 9-12-13...) is vvv^v^^^v^^ (and then backward inverted)I actually played it with alternate picking untill it got too fast and i realised i was doing something wrong XD

penguin_316

Reaction score
Tosin-Tempting-Time-Lick.jpg

I think i get what you meant....in the second tab the entire arp isnt played..therefore making the picking a bit diff then he explained. I think this is a tab error...but i went ahead and showed how to pick it anyway.

demigod

Reaction score
Dude you're a hero! Thanks a lot:hbang:
Well then, I'll get started unlearning the incorrect way :lol:
Edit:
Oh hold on...thats the way i played it XD

penguin_316

Reaction score
Well here's the thing...to me on the record it sounds like he plays the entire sweep. Not just the portions this tab shows.

So that would make what Tosin said about DDDUD correct.....I just made what they tabbed make sence economy picking style. I can't vouch for the accuracy of that tab, the solo is too fast to make out all the notes(for me anyway).

demigod

Reaction score
Yeah i agree with you on that he playes the whole sweep but unfortunately i cant even slow it down enough to clearly hear...sounds like shit. I think he taught the version which he plays live.

')