Tested out a few 7 strings. Schecters Hellraiser?

• Thread starter Rocks256
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rocks256

Reaction score
I tested in store a few 7 Strings, Demon, Omen, even Classic Ibanez Rg7421, Esp, Ibby 7620. They were okay but i have diecided to sell my damien elite 7 and get higher quality instrument. I remember i was having Hellraiser C7 , sold it because i didn tlike black colour. Now i miss it, was highest quality 7 string i have ever owned. I am thinking of Hellraiser C7 in Cherry Red..;.but prices are just nope. Can't find used one at the moment here in Poland.

I have paid 650$ for new Hellraiser c7 5 years ago. Now they cost 800$, only thing i noticed they have EMG TW ? I could buy new one but 700$ is maximum? Any Upgrades on these pickups?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
The Hellraiser C7 is a nice guitar. I have had one since 2009 that I bought new. It has never been my favorite, but I keep it because nothing sounds like it. It is heavy as hell. Not many guitars sounds as thick and chunky as that guitar. Mine has the 707TW pickups in it and is black.

I think the newer ones might have thinner necks than the older ones. I think the thick neck is one reason for the thick tone.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I think the Hybrids have thinner necks but the standard Hellraiser has stayed the same? Not sure.

I’ve been seriously impressed with the Korean-made Schecters that I’ve played.

Rocks256

Reaction score
The Hellraiser C7 is a nice guitar. I have had one since 2009 that I bought new. It has never been my favorite, but I keep it because nothing sounds like it. It is heavy as hell. Not many guitars sounds as thick and chunky as that guitar. Mine has the 707TW pickups in it and is black.

I think the newer ones might have thinner necks than the older ones. I think the thick neck is one reason for the thick tone.

My hellraiser C7 Special was heavy too, what was the weight, like 10 labs? My Mexican Fender is 8.0 and its average in weight i think

Shask

Reaction score
My hellraiser C7 Special was heavy too, what was the weight, like 10 labs? My Mexican Fender is 8.0 and its average in weight i think
Oh, I meant the sound is heavy as hell, lol. Actually, the weight is pretty average for a WMI guitar. The body might even be considered light, because you can feel the balance of the longer neck.

I have other WMI guitars like that though. I have a PRS SE that is heavier than another PRS SE I have by a good bit. My Schecter Banshee is heavier than it looks also.

Turgon

Reaction score
Older Hellraisers have a thicker neck profile and no locking tuners. I'd also look for SLS, old Loomis 7 etc. Sometimes those are pretty cheap.
Here in Germany the prices vary from very reasonable (around 4-500€) to wtf (over 900€) for a used Hellraiser. You definitely should check ebay Germany. Might find a good deal.

AlexMg

Ibanez Maniac
Reaction score
As one wise man said on this forum, just buy a used prestige, for 700-800$ you can buy a used ibby that will top any top of the line schecter you will ever get

gujukal

Reaction score
As one wise man said on this forum, just buy a used prestige, for 700-800$ you can buy a used ibby that will top any top of the line schecter you will ever get
In terms of build quality some of the higher end WMI Schecters are on par with a lot of prestiges imo. They also feel very solid usually with the set neck.

AlexMg

Ibanez Maniac
Reaction score
In terms of build quality some of the higher end WMI Schecters are on par with a lot of prestiges imo. They also feel very solid usually with the set neck.
Yeah but for that price tag, i dont believe there is a better choice maybe agile guitars if you like the neck dive :D

gujukal

Reaction score
Yeah but for that price tag, i dont believe there is a better choice maybe agile guitars if you like the neck dive :D
Yeah, I've heard agiles necks are even thiccer than old Schecters also :O But you can easily get a used Hellraiser for $300-400 in US i think which is a lot of guitar for that money.

AlexMg

Ibanez Maniac
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard agiles necks are even thiccer than old Schecters also :O But you can easily get a used Hellraiser for $300-400 in US i think which is a lot of guitar for that money.
Agile necks are amazing, neckdive can be an issue though on models with longer than 27 inch scale. played brand new 5 agiles in my life, all seven string except one, only one of those seven strings needed a setup right out of the box, rest were ready to go. if you are looking for a brand new guitar for not a whole lot of money id go with agile
rondomusic(dot goes here)com /inte727ebdncflat(dot here too)html Check this one out!

gujukal

Reaction score
Agile necks are amazing, neckdive can be an issue though on models with longer than 27 inch scale. played brand new 5 agiles in my life, all seven string except one, only one of those seven strings needed a setup right out of the box, rest were ready to go. if you are looking for a brand new guitar for not a whole lot of money id go with agile
rondomusic(dot goes here)com /inte727ebdncflat(dot here too)html Check this one out!

I guess you're right, Agile is kinda like a WMI Schecter but with a different brand and half the price.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score

Depends on the model. I have two 28.625" seven-string models, a 28" eight-string, and three 27" sevens and none of them have neck dive. Also, the Pro and Elite variants have thinner necks than the "base" versions. They aren't Schecter Ultra Thin "C" / SLS thin, but they're decent and to me do not feel like a baseball bat. The "base" versions are pretty dang thick though. Stick with those Pro and Elite models.

AlexMg

Ibanez Maniac
Reaction score
Depends on the model. I have two 28.625" seven-string models, a 28" eight-string, and three 27" sevens and none of them have neck dive. Also, the Pro and Elite variants have thinner necks than the "base" versions. They aren't Schecter Ultra Thin "C" / SLS thin, but they're decent and to me do not feel like a baseball bat. The "base" versions are pretty dang thick though. Stick with those Pro and Elite models.
Holy man your family is tight as f! yeah pro and elite versions are way more comfortable but the price on regular septors is hella tight too

Latest posts

')