Thank You Sevenstring.org

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
In the spirit of Thanksgiving here in the US, I felt compelled to use part of my down time to thank all of you guys here on Sevenstring.org for all the support, advice, and entertainment over the years.

1) Thank you for helping a young guy with zero money to his name get his dream business off the ground. It's a true gift to be able to have a job you're passionate about, and without all of your support over the last 2 years, it wouldn't have been possible. I got to go to NAMM, open up a store, become a dealer for my idol Bernie Rico Jr among others, and all kinds of things I never thought would be possible. So thank you!

Whether you're one of my loyal BKP customers, or you picked up a Caparison or other guitar from me, or helped me with my website, or simply offered your friendship/advice, it means a lot to me and I'll be eternally loyal. You know who you are, I could list off hundreds of names. Many of you I'm lucky to call personal friends now too :)

2) Thank you for helping me discover so many new great bands. Music is my life, and thanks to this forum I have found so many awesome bands I probably never would have otherwise. It was great meeting some of you at the Behemoth/Cannibal Corpse show last Summer too :metal:

3) Thank you for all the great guitarists and songwriters on the forum who have helped inspired me and so many others. I have learned a lot of techniques, tricks of the trade, special pieces of gear, and other items which have enriched my life as a guitarist/tone freak. Hell, if I wasn't for you guys I wouldn't have even known about Tube Screamers or Bare Knuckles Pickups (thanks James!)

4) Thank you to the mods, past and present, for keeping this ship running and always striving for improvement. Some of you I'm friends with while I haven't always gotten along with a few others, but I appreciate your efforts anyways despite our occasional disagreements. Special thanks to some of the newer mods who have been doing an incredible job despite being somewhat limited in their powers.

5) Finally, I'd like to thank everyone on the forum for keeping me so entertained over the years. Long before I even had the idea to open up a shop and I was just a random college student, I spent countless hours a day on this forum reading up on all kinds of things and chatting with you guys. The intelligent conversations, knowledgeable people, funny hijinks/picstories, and fellow passion for music/gear has really made Sevenstring a staple in my life.. Best of all, I've made a lot of really cool friends that I hope to have in my life forever thanks to this forum, so thanks!

I'm not looking for a pat on the back or anything, but I really just wanted to say thank you and I'll always be loyal to you guys :wub:

Cheers,

Nick

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Very nicely put Nick :yesway:

This place is great because there are a lot of guys like you here. You have been an important part of this community from before I joined, it is a great community we have here and I think recent events have gone to prove that it is the membership and nothing else that makes or breaks this place.

I'm thankful for all the entertainment this place has given me to the point of often distracting me from what I should be doing, I'm thankful for everything I have learned, I met some good people who I now consider friends and hope to get to know more in the future and I am also thankful for how this place has further broadened my musical palette.

:wub: ss.org You guys :wub:

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Lets keep in mind this is not OT ;)

Edited by :ninja:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Happy thanksgiving Nick :)

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very humble message, Nick. :yesway:

I know people come and go here, much like anywhere else. Between becoming disinterested, things "changing" occasionally, or going through different "stages" in life... I can understand the flow of people in and out of here.

Myself? I've seen and been through a lot of those things, but I've always favored adjusting to changes, meeting new people and learning to appreciate different things depending on where I am in life. As such, this place has always felt fresh to me; and that's not something I can say about anywhere else I've frequented.

I know a lot of people sorta' looked down on this place as the population grew, but I think it's made us a lot stronger. Time-and-time again, we go through periods where trolls or people who don't "fit" come around and the regulars (sometimes) feel a little intruded upon but ultimately, those people either leave, are banned, or learn to atone and even become worthwhile contributors here. Hell, some of the people I've butted heads with the most have become my favorite posters. :agreed:

I'm probably rambling a little bit, but reading that message kinda put things into perspective for me. While I really appreciate the sense of community and a close-knit group of regulars, the experience of getting to know new people has been invaluable.

Happy Thanksgiving :wub:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Awesome comments so far, thanks guys! Good to see your thoughts/stories too :)

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
Nick thanks for all the pup advice over the years, i first tried the D Sonic because you mentioned it in a thread 3 or 4 years ago.

Thanks to all of you for a great community and a place to share our ideas and become friends.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
thanks to this place I've spent so much freaking money on 7's and amps.............. I'm amazed my wife has put up with it:lol::lol::lol:

This is a great forum , the members on this board have turned me on to so many good bands that I otherwise would know nothing about.
This forum also has a lot of legitimate smoking players that I love to listen to and root for.:shred:

and thanks Nick, for opening your shop so close to my house,
my daughters college fund is now officially in peril:lol:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
and thanks Nick, for opening your shop so close to my house,
my daughters college fund is now officially in peril:lol:

:lol:

Nick thanks for all the pup advice over the years, i first tried the D Sonic because you mentioned it in a thread 3 or 4 years ago.

Thanks to all of you for a great community and a place to share our ideas and become friends.

My pleasure dude, the D-Sonic is pretty cool glad you're digging it :)

Happy thanksgiving nick, you seem like a pretty chill dude. :)

You too man!

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
You guys really don't know how much I've learned here. I'm really excited for my BRJ to come in and I'm super stoked that I got to do it through a member such as Nick :)

BTW Nick, I'm going to be singing your praises as soon as my guitar gets here, I kind of already am. I'm really hoping to seal a few orders for you from my area ;)

:wub:

Krauthammer

Reaction score
If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have done half the gear change that I've one this last year. Never heard of Agile before, now I'm a proud owner. Any problems I've run across, someone always has an answer to assist my ever-growing knowledge of musical equipment. And upon recent viewing, I see that you are a distributor of BKP, something else I've never heard of before this site. Can't wait to give them a run soon.... SS.org is constantly full of win, and always fresh insight. I also give my thanks.:yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::shred:

')