That Boy Ain't Right Thread.

• Thread starter tbar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tbar

8 String shredder
Reaction score
greetings from the steel city! MY name is curt. ive been a 7 string player for 5 years now, and just got an ibanez RG2228 last week and havent put it down yet! I love that guitar! I sing and play guitar for "That boy ain't right" a heavy metal/hardcore band from hamilton, ontario. Visit www.myspace.com/tbarmetal to see some of our seven string shred videos. soon ill be posting some of our 8 string shred vids.

my main axes are an IBANEZ RG 7321 w/Dual EMG 707's
and an IBANEZ RG 2228 w/Dual EMG 808's, which i run through
a line 6 flextone II head and a Huges and kettner 4x12 cab, looking to upgrade to an orange 4x12 cab soon.

:shred:

MOD EDIT: Took all your band plug threads and merged into one super thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.

After you play your first show take a little road trip down to Toronto and play a show there so I can see you guys.

-mouse-

Such a strange numb
Reaction score
hey im mouse, from good ol' sin city. It's bloody hot.

Uh... Is there a difference, when it comes down to registering, between having a 7 and being in the state of pre-7 existense? I sold a guitar on ebay so I'm just waiting for the paypal to fill up so that I may buy a RG 7321

but anyway I just moved to vegas so I dont really know anybody yet but my stepsister plays bass so I guess we're gonna start a band :rolleyes: yay

but i have a Line 6 Spider III (hopefully to be replaced with a carvin v3 head) and a Floorboard.

oh jesus... somebody delete that:wallbash:

tbar

8 String shredder
Reaction score
its made by a company called starfire, ive looked every where on the net and cant find any info on it. I suspect its a low end model, its got cheap electronics and tuners, it stays in tune fine though. im going to replace the pick-ups and bridge. most likly made in china.

tbar

8 String shredder
Reaction score
I traded my beat up old ibanez 5 string sound gear bass for it.
I love playing it, im no bass player though. guitar is my main instrument.

the 8 string bass is huge!!! its scale is like 4 inches longer then my ibanez rg 2228 guitar.

Setnakt

il Brutto
Reaction score
That would make it 31" scale length, short for a bass. Probably a nice tone on the higher strings though.
Looks like pretty tight string spacing. It seems like a cool instrument.

tbar

8 String shredder
Reaction score
I made some more videos, this time, playing my ibanez rg 2228 through a line 6 pocket pod express. this song is called "bad trip" from my band "that boy aint right" it features lots of tasty crazyness. i hope you enjoy.

That boy aint right
www.myspace.com/tbarmetal
e22cs@hotmail.com

l_7c8d6d0ab09d4fc9b82ef429fbb54f0f.jpg

')