That Crazy Horse Inlay Daemoness Build Thread

• Thread starter b7string
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

b7string

Reaction score
I'm sure some of you follow Daemoness on facebook and are wondering wtf is up with that blue guitar?

Well today you shall have answers, in picture format. I must apologize in advance, I've been hoarding these, but I have not had time to make a proper thread until now. And without further ado...

Oo3yVh.jpg

DuBAZh.jpg

18oQDh.jpg

Sfnkoh.jpg

ALB9jh.jpg

F9pNdh.jpg

4KPHIh.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

b7string

Reaction score
Finish Time!!!

Please ignore that lovely green attention seeking instrument above mine for now... (Although its really really cool too)

rT1wXh.jpg

8EwLHh.jpg

F9cMSh.jpg

vdydvh.jpg

Credit on these next 6 pictures goes to Nolly, who posted them to facebook.

Iog26h.jpg

y7rTgh.jpg

cd2Zch.jpg

lcWiWh.jpg

w5EgGh.jpg

qo5lWh.jpg

b7string

Reaction score
Now shit gets serious... The inlay. This is sleipnir, as I'm sure some of you will recognize.

And for the rest of us not totally versed in Teutonic Myth (me included):

"The mare that Svadilfare followed into the forest brought forth a cloud grey foal with eight legs. It grew up to be the swiftest steed in the nine worlds, and the name it bore was Sleipner." Teutonic Myth and Legend, Donald A. Mackenzie 1897.

^ I ripped this explanation from Dylan's facebook. Essentially, Sleipnir was the horse of Odin (I believe). And he has 8 legs, allowing him to run at incredible speeds. I wish I had 8 fingers on my fretboard hand :( but anyways. I sent Dylan a few references I dug up from google images, but he ended up creating his own interpretation, which resulted in what I deem to be the perfect inlay for this guitar. It blew me away when he sent me the pics, its better than every single image I found, and it just screams of quality. Enjoy!

hSJFoh.jpg

El8weh.jpg

jaiLgh.jpg

d055ih.jpg

Pxp95h.jpg

kprwe.jpg

323837_404164319643310_190909551_o.jpg

iloki

Reaction score
It doesn't get much more metal than Sleipnir! Awesome work as always from Dylan!
I'm jealous lol

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy shit Dylan's work never stops amazing me. I kinda wish the inlay was sideways so that he could've kept most if not all of it but still. The natural binding he did on the top side of the body is absolutely incredible too; simple but so elegant. I am mad jelly, man.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
So YOURE the bastard getting the guitar I fell in love with. :squint:

That disappearing binding is amazing. I love it. The inlay is ridiculous too.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
That inlay, much like my ex in bed, is the closet thing to proof of God I've seen. Fuck me.

Imbrium998

Bangs head here
Reaction score
Yeah...What Axe said. His Ex IS goo....oh wait. I meant....that f*cking guitar is absolutely crazy gorgeous!

I am 100% going to be plunking my $$ down and getting in line for mine!!

Grats...I hope you get it soon!!

peagull

Urwało mi dupę
Reaction score
Wow, just wow. That's it, no more guitars for me. I'm saving up for a Daemoness.

That is just beautiful mate, I'm cracking one out under the desk at work as we speak! :lol:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
What top is that? It has a really wavy 3D figure. I'm guessing some kind of Maple.

')