That thick metal tone advice

kevinpm

Reaction score
I have a hughes and kettner tubemeister 5 running through a 35 watt kustom cab connected to a boss me-50, i usually play with my jackson kelly, i have been only playing for about 4 1/2 years, and i really want a tone like the one in this song, any suggestions on how to set this up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

naavanka_

Reaction score
Get a bass player :)
The guitar sound itself is very dry and compressed, i think the ME50 will do the trick alone.
With some trial and error you´ll get there.
I think that no one can tell you how to get a spesific sound because everyone experiences that sound differently.

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
I love that song. The best advice I can give you is...start saving. An Axe Fx can nail that tone easily, probably because an Axe Fx was used to achieve that tone in the first place.

But for what you have, boost it with some sort of tube screamer, use a noise gate and a compressor. I'm not exactly sure what the ME-50 has in it, so I can't really give you anything more specific than that.

Big Kern

Reaction score
It seems like all metal bands now are going through the Axe Fx. Find amp that you like and create your own sound..It will a be forever thing that you will never be happy with...I'm still searching or Bored with my sound...

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
It seems like all metal bands now are going through the Axe Fx. Find amp that you like and create your own sound..It will a be forever thing that you will never be happy with...I'm still searching or Bored with my sound...

Just because you get an Axe Fx doesn't mean you have to dial in a patch that sounds like some other band. :p

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Plenty of compression, without too much gain, I think. Filter out a lot of the low end, like a lot, the bass is filling out those frequencies. Wow by the way, that band is really good, thanks for sharing, they've struck a great balance usually I hate this kinda stuff but the production playing riffage, awesome!

Wrecklyss

Custom Speaker Cabinet Builder
Reaction score
Cool song. Sounds sort of like a mash-up of Scale the Summit, Avenged Sevenfold, Fall Out Boy (vocally), and Deathclock.

As for getting the sound, lower gain, quite a bit of mids, and irregular picking rythm. I suggest not looking at your tone settings on your amp, just letting a chord ring out and setting the dials by listening.

')