That's it, we need one!!! the Modified RGA8 thread

• Thread starter Manhell
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

benjy

Reaction score
Here's mine. Some may have seen it already.

It's got an alder body and a dimarzio d-activator.

pic4.jpg

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
That plus ATB Trent's LACS Dime RGD has me gaging hardcore for a production RGD 8 model.

spaghettipomodoro

Reaction score
Dude that is absolutely glorious, how'd you get that look? New body entirely or?

therapist

Noob wang
Reaction score
Here's my two:

DSC01573.jpg

White one has emg's & the black has blackouts (Blackouts ftw).

Both have had the back of the neck painted.

Never had any issues with the nut or bridge popping out either.

Recently acquired a Rg2228 & I can honestly say once you mod out a Rga8 it's just as good if not better.

:yesway:

DjentDjentlalala

Reaction score
BUMP this! I need ideas for my next purchase :D I found one CRAZY cheap and I may mod the shit out of it (new body??)

Shady994

Reaction score
I've been seriously considering picking up an RGA8 and putting in some BKPs. Although unless I can find a good used one fairly cheap I'd be spending nearly as much as a RAN Crusher 8, which I can spec with BKPs as a no-cost option. So I might just do that instead. :cool:

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Here is mine. Only neck and bridge are stock.

622309_10151157366633638_1974779889_o.jpg

Recently acquired a Rg2228 & I can honestly say once you mod out a Rga8 it's just as good if not better.
Couldn't disagree more. The neck shape and finish is way superior to the RGA8, not to mention the overall quality. It sets up and plays easier, too.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Here's mine. Some may have seen it already.

It's got an alder body and a dimarzio d-activator.

pic4.jpg

shitsøn;3238217 said:
Here is mine. Only neck and bridge are stock.

622309_10151157366633638_1974779889_o.jpg

Couldn't disagree more. The neck shape and finish is way superior to the RGA8, not to mention the overall quality. It sets up and plays easier, too.
If you guys wouldn't mind me asking, about how much did the new bodies run you guys?
As a lefty, I'm very interested in the RGA8, because I played a right-handed one, and I love the bridge, and the locking nut. My 8-string has a Hipshot bridge, and doesn't lock at the bridge, nut, or tuners, and my low Eb is always going out of tune, so I'd love to pick up an RGA8, and just comission a nice, new body if it was affordable. Otherwise I'd just buy another Agile.

')