The 357 Customs / Zakk Wylde Guitar Offer!

• Thread starter Shannon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think they're hideous, personally, I think they should make nickel-covered ones like people have been asking for from the beginning instead of those hideous crap-jobs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
D-EJ915 said:
I think they're hideous, personally, I think they should make nickel-covered ones like people have been asking for from the beginning instead of those hideous crap-jobs.
Personally, I like the look... and if you're going to choose a nickel cover over the style EMG uses, suit yourself. Just know the effects of using nickel covers, such as excess ringing, acting as an echo chamber, and completely changing the sound on high distortion.

Reaction score
D-EJ915 said:

I think they're quite humorous (and cool), in synchronocity to the release of the camo Zakk Wylde LP! Oh and lets not forget to mention the camo Gator bags and cases that just recently made their way into the market! :lol:

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well i got a email today from 357 here it is

Hello everyone. Thanks for being so patient on the delivery of the Epiphone guitars. Here's the deal.

We are waiting on delivery of the Epiphone guitars for you guys FROM Epiphone because the guitars that Epiphone has in stock do NOT have working pickups!

That's correct...for whatever reason (and people....please don't send me 100 emails and posts here asking why the pickups don't work...I'm not working for Epiphone) the pickups don't work. So rather than send you guys a guitar that doesn't make SOUND through an amp, we want to have Epiphone remedy this situation and send you WORKING guitars.

That's the reason for the wait. I didn't want to say anything until I had permission because NOBODY want's to make Epiphone or EMG angry.

THANK YOU.

-Chad

Edited by mod: Bolded it for easy referencing.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
[action=darren]coughs **BULLSHIT** cough... cough...[/action]

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Also so what if the pups don't work? isn't everyone ripping them out and dropping real emg's?? lol

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that a) Epiphone would have a whole batch of guitars that somehow got through quality control with non-functional electronics; and b) that they would tell 357 Choppers' webmaster.

It sounds like a bullshit excuse for, "We don't have the cash to actually pay for the guitars we promised to ship out."

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
LOL,,, what the hell. I'm not sure what to make of that,, we literally get 100's of epi's and we don't have many issues with pickups not working, and when we do it's typically on LP Jrs.

~A

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mr. Wylde spent all your guy's money on beer. :drew:
I'd be one for going over your original sales receipts to make sure you didn't sign something stating that you can't sue the crap out of them when they don't send you the guitar.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Maybe they're trying to find the right way to say, "Congratulations! You just spent $132.05 on a toy motorcycle!"

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
well it was still a $100 gift certificate with the bike, I think most people forgot that part or want to leave it out to say they got ripped off.

The thing is, you didn't actually BUY the guitar, it was a bonus.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
haha lame

"Just to let you all know, all guitars will be to your doors in the next 3 weeks.

EVERYONE BE PATIENT!

If everyone can just chill out and be patient, it will help us ALOT more. We're spending SO much time answering everyone asking 'WHERE IS MY GUITAR?' that we're taking time AWAY from shipping things out!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!

-Chad"

***From Chad Dyer, webmaster for Zakk Wylde & 357 Customs

Edit by mod: Bolded out message. Thanks for the update, Jason.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Chad sure isn't the master of public relations.

1) Cut and paste. How much time can it take to answer the same question over and over?
2) Set up an auto-responder with answers to the most common questions, like "WHERE'S MY FUCKING GUITAR?"
3) Quit making excuses. Blaming Epiphone for an entire shipment of guitars with non-functional electronics, and then blaming the customers for taking time away from them shipping the guitars just makes the whole operation look mickey-mouse and not worthy of further business. Be honest with people, tell them what's REALLY going on, and don't let your webmaster be your PR spokesperson.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
.jason. said:
haha lame

"Just to let you all know, all guitars will be to your doors in the next 3 weeks.

EVERYONE BE PATIENT!

If everyone can just chill out and be patient, it will help us ALOT more. We're spending SO much time answering everyone asking 'WHERE IS MY GUITAR?' that we're taking time AWAY from shipping things out!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!

-Chad"

***From Chad Dyer, webmaster for Zakk Wylde & 357 Customs

Edit by mod: Bolded out message. Thanks for the update, Jason.

Be patient? He's late as hell delivering a product that he spammed all over hell, enticing people to buy shit they don't want from his shop, and he has the audacity to post something like this?

:noway:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It looks like this promotion is blowing up in 357 Choppers' face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')