The 357 Customs / Zakk Wylde Guitar Offer!

• Thread starter Shannon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't go in on this deal cause I'm not a fan, I don't play 6 strings anymore, and I don't need cash so badly that I have to jump on a quick way to make a profit.

That being said in all honesty what is the big fucking deal??? All that was spent is $132. That's chump change for most of us here with decent jobs (I'm not saying that nastily but honestly). For those that don't have jobs or are in tough times they probably shouldn't have been spending money on this kinda stuff anyway. In addition, the people that bought into this also got a $100 gift certificate to purchase stuff from the 357 online store of which my co-worker, that did go in on the deal as he's a Zakk Wylde nut, bought a bunch of Black Label society shirts, hoodies, etc.

So with having to wait even 3 months more I can't see it as being a big freaking deal other than the fact that people are impatient as hell. My co-worker said he read one guy online say he wants to sue 357 Customs cause he's so pissed. I mean how stupid is that!? If the guitars never come than yeah, that's a big deal. But shit, to spend $132 to get $100 worth of goods from their store and an $800 guitar I think it's downright immature to be freaking out. And I do agree that most people freaking out are the ones looking to sell them off. My co-workers like, "Yeah it sucks but it'll be worth it when they come".

Rev.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Rev2010 said:
I didn't go in on this deal cause I'm not a fan, I don't play 6 strings anymore, and I don't need cash so badly that I have to jump on a quick way to make a profit.

That being said in all honesty what is the big fucking deal??? All that was spent is $132. That's chump change for most of us here with decent jobs (I'm not saying that nastily but honestly). For those that don't have jobs or are in tough times they probably shouldn't have been spending money on this kinda stuff anyway. In addition, the people that bought into this also got a $100 gift certificate to purchase stuff from the 357 online store of which my co-worker, that did go in on the deal as he's a Zakk Wylde nut, bought a bunch of Black Label society shirts, hoodies, etc.

So with having to wait even 3 months more I can't see it as being a big freaking deal other than the fact that people are impatient as hell. My co-worker said he read one guy online say he wants to sue 357 Customs cause he's so pissed. I mean how stupid is that!? If the guitars never come than yeah, that's a big deal. But shit, to spend $132 to get $100 worth of goods from their store and an $800 guitar I think it's downright immature to be freaking out. And I do agree that most people freaking out are the ones looking to sell them off. My co-workers like, "Yeah it sucks but it'll be worth it when they come".

Rev.

The "big fucking deal" is that the guitars were ordered in december with the intent that they'd be shipped at the beginning of March, and we're one weekend away from the beginning of May.

Actually, I take that back. The "big fucking deal" is that no only is 357 Customs two months late in delivery, their attitude towards their customers has been "If you've got a problem, piss off. And don't bitch to us, because that only slows us down. Now, go blame Epiphone."

Even looking past the point that many of their customers have now been waiting the better part of five months for a guitar, 357 Customs' handling of these delays has been, IMO, absolutely disgraceful. There's been a compelte lack of communication (i scanned the message boards - apparently the current prevailing wisdom is the third time you send them an e-mail asking what hapened to your order, they get back to you), they've blamed the delays on Gibson from day one (be that as it may, you don't do that in such unequivical terms, and again they should have had the guitars in hand before taking orders. "Well, even in a case of 50 a good five or six will be rejects" Great, dipshit, maybe you should have taken that into account before taking orders), and when you're two months late in delivering a promised product, blaming the customer for delays is the absolute LAST thing you should be doing.

Honestly, the current attitude over at that board is that if you don't side with 357 Customs, you basically get bullied off the message board. I'm wondering how many complaints we're NOT seeing posted because of this. Again, it's not that I don't think they'll deliver - it's just I think their handling has been a debacle.

(by the way, the bitter tone above is a product of reading the last "press release" or two, and isn't directed at you, Rev.)

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
(by the way, the bitter tone above is a product of reading the last "press release" or two, and isn't directed at you, Rev.)

LOL, I know! :hug: But I'd like to point out that you say they're two months late... didn't they say the guitars would be shipping late March? Late March could've meant March 28th. Today is April 28th so that would put it at one month late. I know everyone already waited five months but they knew that part - that it would be a number of months before the guitars shipped.

As for the company's response, I totally agree with you it's extremely unprofessional. But we are talking about a company that makes choppers LOL - just kidding. But with all the negative things people started to say only just like April 1st when they still hadn't shipped I guess I can, in some regard, understand the butting of heads.

Eh, also... I used to be such an impatient person. These days I've relaxed a bit so I guess I see things a little different. I'd be pissed in a situation where I didn't have any guitar and was waiting for the one I ordered to arrive and it was delayed.

Rev.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Rev2010 said:

My co-workers like, "Yeah it sucks but it'll be worth it when they come".

Rev.
Agreed 100%. I do think it's funny that there are a ton of people who DIDN'T even order this package, yet they have something to say about this. Why should I care what they have to say? It's like listening to a person who evesdrops on a conversation & then decides to put their 2 cents in without being asked for an opinion on the matter.

As the person who started this thread & DID purchase this package, I tell all those negative Nancys who didn't buy it to STFU! Your whining and bitching about something you never even purchased does nothing but stir shit for sake of stirring shit.

We, the buyers of this package, took the gamble to act on the purchase of said package. Yes, the guitar has been delayed, but so what? It's OUR money! The guitar will come. For $132, we got a guitar, a $100 gift certificate & a toy bike. For such a bargain, it's not that big of a deal to wait a while longer. You can either pay $800-850 to buy the guitar now, or wait a bit longer to get it & other stuff for $132. It's a no brainer.

Patience is a virtue.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
[action=darren]wipes the shit off his shit-stirring spoon[/action]

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish I would have had a credit card at the time. I would have loved to have purchased one. Being left handed and all, it's like putting $132 bucks in the bank and waiting for the interest to grow :D

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm confused, so are they coming? did he delay it another month? or is his vagina itching like crazy because there's so much sand in it?

I NEED this to come, because I need money insanely bad. Not just to buy some extra guitar gear (that's why I haven't gotten a BBE yet), but also because I'm clipping coupons like crazy just to get food. I'd probably say the cost of each one of my meals is about $.50 total.... I need ma' money!

If 357's dumb ass only wanted BLS fans to buy them... then they should have done it for BLS forum board people only. That way though, they didn't get there "hype" out there, but they would have given them to the target people. And what the hell does he care who bought them? as long as in the long run he gets a shiny nickel out of it?

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
All I know is that if I said "Preorder sevenstring.org guitars!", took everyone's money, promised an April 1st ship date and it was May 1st with no confirmed date in sight - I'd feel like a giant fucking asshole and be apologizing my ass off. I wouldn't say "You guys need to be patient!".

They committed to something. They didn't hit it. They extended the date, didn't hit that either. They used Zakk Wylde's name to convince his fans that the guitar they "bought" is something Zakk plays. It'd be like me taking a dremel to a Squire and marketing it as The Yngwie Strat. Those aren't Zakk anything, they're Epiphones, and they're late as fuck with the vendor basically getting mad at his customers for expecting them to deliver what was promised to them AFTER that vendor took their money.

I'd be pissed off too.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
i still need to unload my gift certificate. anyone want $100 worth of BLS/357Customs stuff? :D

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
David said:
as long as in the long run he gets a shiny nickel out of it?
I'd be surprised if they're making a nickel on this whole promotion, unless Epiphone donated the guitars.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
darren said:
I'd be surprised if they're making a nickel on this whole promotion, unless Epiphone donated the guitars.
Well yeah, in reality, I think he's getting screwed over and getting himself into a few bikes worth of debt.:noway:

And, I need to unload my gift-card too.:)

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
David said:
I NEED this to come, because I need money insanely bad. Not just to buy some extra guitar gear (that's why I haven't gotten a BBE yet), but also because I'm clipping coupons like crazy just to get food. I'd probably say the cost of each one of my meals is about $.50 total.... I need ma' money!

Um... you need them?? You're "clipping coupons like crazy just to get food."?? Pleeeeease tell me you're joking right? Cause if not then I'd like to say you shouldn't have relied on the 357 deal to feed yourself cause even if you had your guitars in hand you probably still wouldn't be able to get the money you expect for it as when they do come there will be hundreds of Ebay auctions selling them for far lower a price than you will!! So dream on man. It's like they taught in economics class... if there's tons of supply and little demand you have nothing but a kingdom of dirt.

Rev.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
You do realize that if they ship a bigass batch of those out and you eBay yours, there will be a LOT of others on there, right? I'd be damn suprised if you get even 50% retail for it assuming it ever shows up. Some of the people on slickdeals.net bought dozens of them with plans to flood eBay with them at insanely low starting bids.

I don't mean to be Mister Negative Pants ( :D ) but that's just how I see it. I hope I'm wrong and all of you guys get asskicking guitars out of the deal. I just don't think it will happen.

evil

vile
Reaction score
Chris said:
I'm glad I didn't bite on this.

What a bunch of BS:

He fucked up and can't deliver even remotely within the promised timeline, and he says he was "taken out of context"?

If I do a promotion with, say, Ibanez for ss.org members, I won't post a public link and take people's money immediately, which is what 357 did. They should have waited until they had guitars in hand before they so graciously accepted everyone's cash in exchange for a toy motorcycle or whatever else they bundled in. I'm sure you guys will get your guitars in due time due to Zakk and BLS being (even unofficially) tied to it, but I said at the beginning that this would be a clusterfuck. Nobody should be even the least bit suprised that they haven't shown up yet.

Bottom line: Don't take people's money if you don't have what they're buying.

Let me know when you do that Ibanez promotion. I need another seven stringer and I'm low on cash at the moment. ;)

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Rev2010 said:
Um... you need them?? You're "clipping coupons like crazy just to get food."?? Pleeeeease tell me you're joking right? Cause if not then I'd like to say you shouldn't have relied on the 357 deal to feed yourself cause even if you had your guitars in hand you probably still wouldn't be able to get the money you expect for it as when they do come there will be hundreds of Ebay auctions selling them for far lower a price than you will!! So dream on man. It's like they taught in economics class... if there's tons of supply and little demand you have nothing but a kingdom of dirt.

Rev.
I am selling it to a friend who agreed to pay me $500 for it straight up in cash. I'm 16, I can only work limited hours of a week, I do what I can to get money... whatever money my momma makes doesn't pay for much... usually going towards alcohol, haha, and that really isn't much, probably $12,000 a year at the most, so yes, I'm a little desperate. Excuse me for not choosing to be born into a family where I get everything I want, everything is perfect, and I have no worries.:wallbash:

If I didn't have a guitar, I would probably kill myself.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')