The 357 Customs / Zakk Wylde Guitar Offer!

• Thread starter Shannon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
So what was the original premise/deal again?
buy a $100 gift certificate to the 357 custom's store, and a diecast Zakk Wylde bike, and you get a bonus, free Epiphone Zakk Wylde guitar. This was to promote hype for their 2006 line of bikes or something.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was kind of thinking...

But I wasn't sure if diecast just meant some sort of cool metal or something.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Leon said:
i actually emailed info(at)357customs with regards to changing my shipping address, since i'm moving across town this summer. i'll let you guys know what i hear back.
Leon,

Sure you can! Just let us know what the new address will be and we will get
your order updated.

Thanks -
357 Customs

:yesway:
it may not get there until December, but it'll get there :lol:

mazafaka

Relentless Bastard
Reaction score
Here's an update on the current 357 situation:

Apparently, 357 has made an "official" (cough) statement on the zakkwylde.com forums. You can read it here:
BLS Forums

So according to the post, if it is real, 357 is still promising to deliver all the guitars and merchandise, but also pledging to refund everyone's money! i.e. you get your free guitar(s) and your money back also.

So this obviously sounds quite crazy, and more like a Ponzi scheme each day. Also, allegedly, Zakk's wife is getting involved:

Harmony Central

Dunno whether the email is real or not, but it's interesting nonetheless. You can also check in on the 530+ pages of posts over at Slickdeals here:

Slickdeals

So does this really change anything? To me, it's just 357 trying to buy more time....

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
And to eliminate the thought of a "scam" we're going to do something UNPRESCIDENTED: We're going to refund the money to every customer for every item purchased for this promotion. If you purchased an mp4 player or a gift certificate to get an Epiphone guitar, we're not only going to make sure you get your items and your guitars, but we're going to refund your money as well. EVEN IF YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CANCELLED, WE WILL STILL SEND YOU YOUR ITEMS AND YOUR GUITARS.

That makes is sound MORE like a scam.

mazafaka

Relentless Bastard
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
And to eliminate the thought of a "scam" we're going to do something UNPRESCIDENTED: We're going to refund the money to every customer for every item purchased for this promotion. If you purchased an mp4 player or a gift certificate to get an Epiphone guitar, we're not only going to make sure you get your items and your guitars, but we're going to refund your money as well. EVEN IF YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CANCELLED, WE WILL STILL SEND YOU YOUR ITEMS AND YOUR GUITARS.

This is about par for the course for 357. Apparently they can give away hundreds of thousands of dollars in guitars, but cannot afford a word processing program that incorporates a spellchecker, or a marketing person that can write!

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
If that happens, I think I'll donate my $100 to David's eating bill fund.:lol: :yesway:

[action=David]signed up as xmetalxlatemx and kissed some serious ass.[/action]

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
damn Maza, you've got your finger on the pulse of this thing! :lol:

so, i gather i'm getting my $100 back for the gift certificate? does that null & void the certificate or what? (if you guys don't know, just point my lazy ass back to the BLS forums to find it myself :D )

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey, you guys should all request your refunds. I mean, you've got nothing to lose, right? If they follow through with their word, you've got your money back AND a free guitar, AND free merch! If they partially follow through or don't follow through at all, you're either getting your money back and no guitar, or you're stuck with your gift certificate for merch (which is what you paid for) and nothing else.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mastodon said:

wtf?

I'd love to know exactly how many orders they took.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wasn't it limited to a few hundred guitars?

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
darren said:
Wasn't it limited to a few hundred guitars?
I think it was like 150? or am I completely off... still, that's a nice $75,000 for them isn't it?

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
Dr.Feelgood said:
As the world turns :lol:
thankfully, this is about as dramatic as shit gets around here. and thankfully it's actually about guitars :D

mazafaka

Relentless Bastard
Reaction score
Yeah - I will probably dispute the charge with my CC company within the next few days. But the problem I see is that we have just gotten additional promises, while actually receiving nothing. It's always "guitars are shipping ASAP" and "within a few days" but no one gets one. This is just another delay, probably while the 357 management withdraws the cash and heads for the border.

The only thing that has kept me in it this long is that I knew it was a long shot when I got in. I figured it was too good to be true, even though many things initially checked out. So I put the ~$160 on my credit card, not my debit card. Worst case, I lose $160 and someone steals my CC number and starts charging stuff. That is an easy enough fix.... either way $160 isn't going to break me, although I have been waiting to buy an additional fixed-bridge 6-string (I know, I know) and this would save me that cash expenditure.

But like you said, it's drama....

Status
Not open for further replies.
')