The 357 Customs / Zakk Wylde Guitar Offer!

• Thread starter Shannon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Shannon said:
Rest easy, kitten. You still have to wait until late March 2006 to get the guitar. The wait is gonna suck. :lol:
no joke! March is about 10 weeks away.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Leon said:
no joke! March is about 10 weeks away.

Oh well, I'll have my new 007 Elite to play in about a week. That'll get me through the wait. I bought 2 guitars today! I must be NUTS! :lol:

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Shannon said:
Oh well, I'll have my new 007 Elite to play in about a week. That'll get me through the wait. I bought 2 guitars today! I must be NUTS! :lol:

hahahah!

Shannon! I fucking owe you! If you ever need anything (a bj, winning lottery ticket, lava lamp, etc) just ask! I don't know about you guys... but I'm gonna sell mine, and use that money to get another 7 string. Also... I think everyone bought the buzzsaw or camo one right? And those aren't made in the Epiphone version are they? I'm thinking maybe extra sweet cash?\

dude! I didn't even realize that it comes with that diecast bike! DAMN! woot.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
uber_shredo_manifesto said:
hahahah!

Shannon! I fucking owe you! If you ever need anything (a bj, winning lottery ticket, lava lamp, etc) just ask! I don't know about you guys... but I'm gonna sell mine, and use that money to get another 7 string. Also... I think everyone bought the buzzsaw or camo one right? And those aren't made in the Epiphone version are they? I'm thinking maybe extra sweet cash?\

dude! I didn't even realize that it comes with that diecast bike! DAMN! woot.

No problem, dude. I was just passing on the knowledge to my friends here. It's a win-win situation. Either you get another Zakk Wylde guitar, or you sell it & get $$$ for more gear! I haven't posted this on any other guitar board...and don't ya think we should keep it that way? I'll take you up on that winning lotto ticket though. :lol:

The Epi ZWs are made in all 3 finishes. The black/white is cool, but everybody already has them. I've seen the Buzzsaw & I'm just not into it. So, I went for the Camo because I wanted something different. You don't see a maple fretboard on an LP very often.

Don't forget, you not only get a guitar, but a diecast bike & a $100 gift certificate.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, FUCKERS! :hbang:

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Shannon said:
No problem, dude. I was just passing on the knowledge to my friends here. It's a win-win situation. Either you get another Zakk Wylde guitar, or you sell it & get $$$ for more gear! I haven't posted this on any other guitar board...and don't ya think we should keep it that way? I'll take you up on that winning lotto ticket though. :lol:

The Epi ZWs are made in all 3 finishes. The black/white is cool, but everybody already has them. I've seen the Buzzsaw & I'm just not into it. So, I went for the Camo because I wanted something different. You don't see a maple fretboard on an LP very often.

Don't forget, you not only get a guitar, but a diecast bike & a $100 gift certificate.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, FUCKERS! :hbang:

Yeah, took me a while to see the diecast bike, and the $100 gift certificate, lol.

I had an old Greco LP copy with a Maple fret board and loved it, so I got a Gibson LP Studio about 2 years ago. I had only played for about 8 months, and realized you can't play shit on an LP. That's why I'm cashin in, but... what shall it be? I need a shecter in my line-up like you just got, so i think I might look into them in a few months.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
uber_shredo_manifesto said:
Yeah, took me a while to see the diecast bike, and the $100 gift certificate, lol.

I had an old Greco LP copy with a Maple fret board and loved it, so I got a Gibson LP Studio about 2 years ago. I had only played for about 8 months, and realized you can't play shit on an LP. That's why I'm cashin in, but... what shall it be? I need a shecter in my line-up like you just got, so i think I might look into them in a few months.

Well, I wouldn't say "you can't play shit on an LP," but they aren't my preferred guitar for full-on quote-unquote shredding. A LP has plenty of uses though, especially when you're recording chunky as fuck riffs. Using a 6-string in End Theory is out of the question. However, I could use an LP for dinkin' around at home & the occasional cover band gig I do. Hey, playing a night of covers is easy $$$ when you need it. ;)

While I can't comment on the 007 yet, I will say that the C-7 Blackjacks are the finest Schecter 7-string I've played to date (better than the Hellraiser IMHO).

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think I might talk my 'rents into this...as a birthday present :p since my bday is in february :p hahaha.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Shannon said:
Well, I wouldn't say "you can't play shit on an LP," but they aren't my preferred guitar for full-on quote-unquote shredding. A LP has plenty of uses though, especially when you're recording chunky as fuck riffs. Using a 6-string in End Theory is out of the question. However, I could use an LP for dinkin' around at home & the occasional cover band gig I do. Hey, playing a night of covers is easy $$$ when you need it. ;)

While I can't comment on the 007 yet, I will say that the C-7 Blackjacks are the finest Schecter 7-string I've played to date (better than the Hellraiser IMHO).

Well, yeah, it's good for a lot of songs. I just became pretty pissed when I couldn't do EVERYTHING on it. I like how RG7's can do it all.

I've played an Omen 7, a blackjack 7, and an 007 elite. The 007 had to be my favorite, and the neck access was exceptional. It's also a bit thicker, but nice curve to the neck making it pretty fast for my large hand, I love it.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I love my Gibson Les Paul. I would definitely not say "you can't play shit on an LP." I think my Les Paul blows my Ibanez RG1527 away with tone. But, my RG has a full extra string that my LP doesn't have and it has 2 extra frets per string and it has a tremolo (which I have mixed feelings about. Sometimes I love it; sometimes I hate it). And, as far as things like playing fast (shredding, etc.) or using finger tapping, the Ibanez is much much better. BUT, to me, the Les Paul just has this orgasmic tone that envelopes me and... well, overall, I like my RG and my LP equally, but the RG is better for playability and the LP is better for tone (in my opinion).

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone taken this up in the UK?

I tried and it looks like it's going to allow it but says that the address doesn't match the correct billing address - which I've checked against my internet bank details and everything. ARRGH!

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
b3n said:
I tried and it looks like it's going to allow it but says that the address doesn't match the correct billing address - which I've checked against my internet bank details and everything. ARRGH!

I have the same problem. Since being issued my debit card, I have moved to a new address. When I use it for an online purchases, I have to enter in my previous address as the billing address. It works after that.

Although your current address may be correct with the bank, your old address is associated with that card. You can always call your bank or other financial institution and have them issue you other card. Have you moved since being issued your card?

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I have. Thanks Shannon I'll give it a go.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd do it in a heartbeat... if I didn't already have one. I really don't need another guitar. Even if it's cheap.

Enjoy it guys.

Rayne Mann

Reaction score
I'll take a guess and say they're actually The $200 LP Specials with a custom paint job, or they're C Stock...

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
my first thought was to sell the ZW for the cash, then buy some gear, but then i remembered that my first guitar was a Hohner gibson LP knock-off, circa 1977ish. it was my dad's guitar for years, and he let me play it when i picked it up. however, about a year after i bought my RG570, i decided to give the Hohner to my younger brother, who was getting into playing guitar himself. that sudden loss of a hardtailed guitar is what ultimately pushed me to purchase my RG7621.

if this Zakk Wylde epiphone feels anything like that old Hohner (which i imagine it will a good deal), i'll never be able to sell it.

hohnerneck.jpg

hohnerbody.jpg

wildealien_33.jpg

and, why not one of me goofing off, while Miles Davis looks down in disgust :lol:
wildealien_19.jpg

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Rayne Mann said:
I'll take a guess and say they're actually The $200 LP Specials with a custom paint job, or they're C Stock...

In other words, you have no clue what they have. :rolleyes:

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Regor said:
I'd do it in a heartbeat... if I didn't already have one. I really don't need another guitar. Even if it's cheap.

Enjoy it guys.
well... buy it... save the $700 more it would cost you from guitar center... and sell it on ebay. I'm going to start mine at $449.99, no reserve I think. But... I'm thinking I might want to sell it later, like in April, because think how many of us are selling these lps in march, haha.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Leon said:
my first thought was to sell the ZW for the cash, then buy some gear, but then i remembered that my first guitar was a Hohner gibson LP knock-off, circa 1977ish. it was my dad's guitar for years, and he let me play it when i picked it up. however, about a year after i bought my RG570, i decided to give the Hohner to my younger brother, who was getting into playing guitar himself. that sudden loss of a hardtailed guitar is what ultimately pushed me to purchase my RG7621.

if this Zakk Wylde epiphone feels anything like that old Hohner (which i imagine it will a good deal), i'll never be able to sell it.
oooooh, sexy. I actually liked all the hohner copies, same with the greco's, westminster, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
')