The 357 Customs / Zakk Wylde Guitar Offer!

• Thread starter Shannon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
If I'm still feeling like a dick tomorraw... After I finish up my band's DVD from Sat night, I'll post a vid of me playing my ZW Epi. :shred: :lol:

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Regor said:
If I'm still feeling like a dick tomorraw... After I finish up my band's DVD from Sat night, I'll post a vid of me playing my ZW Epi. :shred: :lol:
:rofl:

I deserve that too.:fawk:

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Regor said:
when are we seeing this video?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
You can't fire someone you aren't paying. I figured this would happen once the shit hit the fan. This may be old news, but thought i'd post it here for those who are following the story via this thread:
Chad Dyer said:
ZakkWylde.com webmaster stepping down
Posted: 7.4.06
7:22 pm CT
BERSERKERS:
I have volunteered as the webmaster of zakkwylde.com for the past 2 years, and before that from 2001-2003. I acted as webmaster out of my love for Zakk and everyone in the BLS camp, and have never asked for or received any payment for my role.
Based on recent events related to the 357 Customs promotion, Zakk has requested that I resign as webmaster of zakkwylde.com, and in respect of his wishes, I have agreed to resign.
To clear up some confusion, I want to acknowledge that while I was acting as webmaster for zakkwylde.com, I was hired by 357 Customs to be its webmaster. I didn’t realize that this would create a conflict of interest, and I didn’t clear it with Zakk, his management or anyone else in the BLS camp. When Daniel Baugess asked me to post a promotion for 357 Customs on zakkwylde.com, I assumed the promotion was legitimate and would not be a problem, so I posted it, again without clearing it. I now realize that it was a mistake to not inform Zakk and his management of my dual role, and to post the promotion on zakkwylde.com without authorization.
I want you to be aware that I was also hurt by 357 Customs, as they failed to pay me as promised for the work I did for their website. I also feel 357 Customs has damaged my reputation and the reputation of my company, of which I've worked incredibly hard for the past six years to build ON MY OWN. Therefore, I plan to pursue legal remedies against 357.
It's been an honor and a privilege to serve as webmaster for zakkwylde.com.
Thank you sincerely
-Chad Dyer
As shady as 357 are, i think it was Chad himself that damaged his own reputation. He seems to have taken it upon himself to assume the role of marketing and public relations spokesperson for both organizations throughout this fiasco, despite the fact that these roles are typically well beyond the scope or core competency of a "webmaster's" role.

In my opinion, he behaved in an irresponsible and unprofessional manner, and i'm not at all surprised at the outcome once Zakk and his management and legal team got directly involved in this mess and started looking at the chain of events.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, kind of a hairbrained idea to announce his lawsuit in that way at this point. I feel bad for the guy, but I think he's brought some (or perhaps most) of this on himself.

Sorry guys.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
So basically Zakk told Dyer to take the fall for him so he didn't look like an asshole. Bravo, Zakk. :noway:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Chris said:
So basically Zakk told Dyer to take the fall for him so he didn't look like an asshole. Bravo, Zakk. :noway:

Eh, Dyer was taking a fall one way or another. Zakk, at this point, was either complicit or ignorant of the whole thing, and considering the former makes him a scumbag and the later (considering it was plastered all over his website for a year or so) makes him an idiot, he's hardly going to come out of this unscathed...

Any updates on the suit against 357 and the guitars?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I don't think Zakk is making Chad take the fall. Chad admitted that he promoted the deal on Zakk's site without his knowledge or approval. In my estimation, probably 90% of the bullshit surrounding this promotion can be traced back to Chad.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
so, should i contest the charges to my credit card yet? :p

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Leon said:
so, should i contest the charges to my credit card yet? :p
wait... is it possible to still get the money back through the credit card company?

2powern

Maiden England
Reaction score
I was hoping to have a nice guitar to sell on eBay to fund my amp lust.
Now 9 months + later, nada.

Isn't there something like the better buisiness (sp?) bureau that I can call and complain to?

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
David said:
Was the guitar all you? Because that tone is god-wrenching-insane!:metal:

Not 'all' of it, as I was playing over the song "The Book Of Heavy Metal" by Dream Evil. But my guitar is louder than the TV (song was played off the Xbox), so most of what you heard is my tone. It's very similar to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')