The 357 Customs / Zakk Wylde Guitar Offer!

• Thread starter Shannon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Rev2010 said:
Aren't you required to use the gift certificate for purchases on their site as part of the deal with getting the guitar?

Rev.
the deal was that we just had to buy them.

and, i think if i sold it to someone who actually gives a damn about motorcycles, it would do the company better :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

iumentum

Reaction score
I'm using my gift certificates to buy some awesome Zakk Wylde/357 Customs merchandise. :hbang:

mazafaka

Relentless Bastard
Reaction score
So I have my Sawblade chopper die-cast sitting here. I guess I will put it up on Ebay. Anyone else put theirs up yet? If so, how much did you get?

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
UPS has left notices on my door for two straight days, so i think that my chopper is trying to get here lol. it was only $30, so i'm not going to bother selling it.

my gift certificate, well, i've actually got a family member who's into motorcycles 'n stuff, so i may pawn it off on him.

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
got my die-cast model today. it's silly, but it's alright :)

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
eh, ours were cheaper @ $162 total :D

it looks like they're now having to buy at least $158 in crap, then pay shipping on top of that.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
lol, what no-name brand is that thing? hahahaha

Forget that, the KH 3 series is better anyway.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow. Now they're selling junky electronics. Good for the credibility!

If 357 Choppers is trying to build their brand, this is NOT the way to go about it.

mazafaka

Relentless Bastard
Reaction score
Still, $200 for a $700 Les Paul (even if it IS an Epiphone) is an excellent deal. If there were other paint schemes, I would order another, but the Buzzsaw/Sawblade is already on its way to me.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Leon said:
eh, ours were cheaper @ $162 total :D

it looks like they're now having to buy at least $158 in crap, then pay shipping on top of that.

In reading the forum over there, total with shipping is $190 shipped.

I'm hoping these all show up for you guys and are fantastic, though I'm skeptical.

mazafaka

Relentless Bastard
Reaction score
Chris said:
I'm hoping these all show up for you guys and are fantastic, though I'm skeptical.

I am still skeptical, even though I ordered one. But I am less skeptical over time, since I have received paperwork confirming the order in the mail, plus the die-cast chopper has arrived. Additionally, it looks like these Epi Zakk Wylde models are being used for a huge marketing push and will soon be as common as dirt on the ground. Take a look at these:

http://www.epiphone.com/contest.asp
and
http://www.epiphone.com/

They are really hyping Zakk these days - he must be selling a lot of guitars for Gibson.

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
so, i actually played on a Zakk Wylde Epi today. it was pretty nice, and the pickups weren't so bad as i thought they were going to be.

and, something struck me. i played on the bullseye model, which has a carved top. i remember seeing the pics on Epiphone's website, and it doesn't *look* like the buzzsaw model has a carved top. now, logic tells me that it's probably also carved, as it would be cheaper to make a bunch of the same thing, and just slap different finishes on each one, but looking at the pics on Epiphone's website has me wondering...

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=151&CollectionID=6
http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=243&CollectionID=6
on the bullseye, you can see some "shine" from the curve of the top, whereas you can't see anything like that on either the buzzsaw OR the camo, for that matter.

am i just weirding out here? that's definitely a possibility :lol:

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
')