The Agile Septor model

• Thread starter migreeni
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

migreeni

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the cheapest Agile 8-string model? I've been GASing for an 8-string for a while and I'd like to know what are your recommendations. I'll propably end up with an Agile, it's just that I'm not sure about the model.

Cheers

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I think the cheapest model would have to be a production intrepid. I have a custom 8-string interceptor and I love it, so go for it!

Psionicist

Reaction score
I got a Ghostburst Intrepid in Feb (with the dual Cepheus pickups) and have been quite happy with it. I want to say it ran about $660 USD.

migreeni

Reaction score
Ok thanks. So is there something particularly wrong with the septor or is the intrepid just almost too cheap to be true for a decent guitar?

And what does it mean when the website says deposit for september? I pay now half and half later in some months when I've waited forever for my dear 8-string?

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
All the models are good guitars, everyone raves about them on here.

Psionicist

Reaction score
I got the Intrepid because Kurt had a great deal, got to pick the neck, scale length, and finish (as well as the most important thing for me, left-handed without any upcharge). I got the Intrepid because there were so many options at the time. Like Triple7 said, people seem to really like all the 8 string models.
The deposit will be half of the price up front, then when the guitar ships stateside/gets to Rondo, you get an email asking for the rest of the payment and a certain time frame to send it in.

Meshugger

Reaction score
I happen to live in Finland and i happen to own a Septor 828 as well. Mine was a semi-custom back in the day, but the specs were as follows:

- 28.625" scale length
- Reverse Headstock
- Tribal Red maple quilt
- Rosewood fretboard

The final sum in euro was around (including shipping, case and customs) 680 euros. The guitar itself was shipped without flaws and the playability is wonderful.

The only that i had to change immidiately was the strings. The ones shipped from rondo had a very cold, tinny and metallic tone to them. Other than that, it was in perfect condition.

thefpb2

Reaction score
Just got an agile intrepid 828, love it, Im looking to save for the septor because of the difference in body design, bolt on, and reversed head stock. Agile guitars are great products.

migreeni

Reaction score
I happen to live in Finland and i happen to own a Septor 828 as well. Mine was a semi-custom back in the day, but the specs were as follows:

- 28.625" scale length
- Reverse Headstock
- Tribal Red maple quilt
- Rosewood fretboard

The final sum in euro was around (including shipping, case and customs) 680 euros. The guitar itself was shipped without flaws and the playability is wonderful.

The only that i had to change immidiately was the strings. The ones shipped from rondo had a very cold, tinny and metallic tone to them. Other than that, it was in perfect condition.

Did you have a 25,5" scale before that? How would you compare that to the 28.625? I'm having a lot of doubts about the monsterous scale on that baby. I think I'll go with a 27", but I'd like to hear someone's opinion about it.

Psionicist

Reaction score
My Intrepid has the 28.625" and it is a change. I have small hands, so it forces me to stretch more in say the first 5 frets. I found that this scale took a lot more to adjust to than 27" (my previous guitars had all been 25.5").
If I could do it all over again, I would have got the 27" scale, because I have an Interceptor and love it, and felt like almost no difference.
Thats my opinion/experience.

Psionicist

Meshugger

Reaction score
Did you have a 25,5" scale before that? How would you compare that to the 28.625? I'm having a lot of doubts about the monsterous scale on that baby. I think I'll go with a 27", but I'd like to hear someone's opinion about it.

I was playing a 24,75" Les Paul and a 25.5" 7-string Xiphos before that, which i still do :)

I have pretty big hands, so it was never a big adjustment in terms of feel for me. The difference is still there though, mostly when riffing on the low end. For example, you have to move your wrist and arm much more on the 1st-7th fret compared to playing with ones with shorter scale length. But when playing leads/solos on any thing higher than the 7th fret, the feels is almost identical compared to my 25.5" Xiphos.

I have no experience with playing 27" scale guitars.

Reaction score
i have a 8 string septor and love it......i've only got small hands but it's still cool......
just makes a 6 string seem tiny when you go back to one (-:

Danxile

Reaction score
If any of their 8 strings are like my interceptor pro 830 i would highly recommend them. Agiles literally are PERFECT

')