The almighty, amazing, absurd folding guitar!

quartie

Hal's
Reaction score
guitar_front%201.jpg

Point... of.... it...?!

"Just launched at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt by Swedish start-up the DeVillain Guitar Company, the Centerfold guitar solves a problem that every guitarist has experienced: portability. The folding guitar is a patent-pending product developed by an airline pilot who's also a fervent guitarist. Having a hard time taking his guitar with him everywhere he went, Fredrik Johansson started working on a prototype for the instrument that's now being brought to market.

The guitars, which are handmade in Sweden, slip into a small backpack which will have no trouble fitting into an overhead luggage bin. The neck folds down with strings still attached, and if it's in tune when you fold it, it will be in tune when you unfold it. The neck and body are connected with an airplane aluminium bolt that ensures maximal connection. Lefty versions aren't currently available, and DeVillain will only produce 300 guitars this year, for a direct to consumer price of EUR 2,600 or USD 3,370. A folding electric bass is in the works."

Sorry if this has been posted before or in the wrong board!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
thinking about it, 'the tolerable percussionist' almost sounds like one of those awful 'faux european' romantic films with nicolas cage trying to be enigmatic in it.

H

:rofl:

[action=DelfinoPie]is bereft of ribs.[/action]

D

Desecrated

A bit to expensive, they should make a 7string version of it and give it to me.

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
That'd be useful, if they also made a collapsable amp...

neon_black88

Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who thinks that's pretty cool?

Nope I think its pretty creative. It's pretty cool what people are capable of when they put their mind and... craftsmenship to it. I wish I had the technical know-how to do projects like this.

Although I'd probably just be making awsome guitars.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Think how badass it'd sound if you plugged it into, say, a wide-open JCM800, let it start feeding back like crazy...

...and then folded it up!

It'd probably sound like the Apocalypse, just with more feedback. :agreed:

D

Desecrated

Think how badass it'd sound if you plugged it into, say, a wide-open JCM800, let it start feeding back like crazy...

...and then folded it up!

It'd probably sound like the Apocalypse, just with more feedback. :agreed:

^^I'm with him

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Neat? I guess? I think a collapsible drumkit would be more helpful, though.

Latest posts