the amp arrived but i have bad news

zorvo

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
my peavey vypyr 60 tube with the sanpera I footswitch just came in but sadly one of the power tube wasnt mounted correctly and broke inside amp. it also didnt came with the sanpera cable so i cant even hook it up. i messaged the seller to pay me for the tube and if he doesnt respond ill contact the reverb support. in the mean time i will order a pair of el34 tubes to replace the old ones

Jotun@

RooR
Reaction score
That’s a bummer. Hopefully it’ll get resolved quickly so you can play with your new gear. Make sure you photo/video document everything, including how it was packed.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
my peavey vypyr 60 tube with the sanpera I footswitch just came in but sadly one of the power tube wasnt mounted correctly and broke inside amp. it also didnt came with the sanpera cable so i cant even hook it up. i messaged the seller to pay me for the tube and if he doesnt respond ill contact the reverb support. in the mean time i will order a pair of el34 tubes to replace the old ones
Oof... You should also ask what happened to the cable for the footswitch. Hopefully it's not some proprietary connector, so you might be able to source a replacement without costing a fortune.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
If the tubes were mounted at all they weren't packed correctly. They should've been removed, bubble wrapped, in a box, secured inside the amp.

boltzthrower

Reaction score
If the tubes were mounted at all they weren't packed correctly. They should've been removed, bubble wrapped, in a box, secured inside the amp.
I took a different approach last time I shipped a head, I left the tubes in the amp and filled the cavity so full of packing materials there was no way a tube could come loose.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I took a different approach last time I shipped a head, I left the tubes in the amp and filled the cavity so full of packing materials there was no way a tube could come loose.
More than one right way, for sure. But if it ain't one of those.... it's the wrong way.

Albionic

First of the magi
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your troubles hopefully they can be sorted. I did some research it appears the peavey footswitch cable is an 8 pin midi cable cheap enough on amazon. Good luck with the tubes.

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
Ehh, if the tube socket has clips, I would make sure the clips are bent enough to grab onto the tube and ship the amp tubes in place. I've shipped dozens of amps and never had an issue. The tubes bouncing around in separate packaging might be just as risky.