The Anachronist: eternal Sands! (Axe-FX, Metal Foundry, Death metal, super epic)

• Thread starter TreWatson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
check out this track i did with The Anachronist, the project of our good buddy NaYoN!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4840052/ETERNAL SANDS MIX VOX.mp3

this is the pre-master mix, and i think it's pretty sweet. got some great tones using a parker Fly, axe-FX standard (through XLR into the Toneport, which actually came in very clearly, thank goodness) a new metal foundry kit i built to his specifications to get it punchy but with some old-school death metal feel, and of course, his genius riffs and ideas.

i have a good feeling about this project and i stand behind it.

also, mixing death metal was rough. ask nayon, it's hard to get a processed but raw sound, all the more difficult with software based samplers

but it pulled through.

thanks for the feedback! and go to NaYoN's page and thak him for being awesome and making great metal!

the master will have an acoustic intro which is quite awesome as well.

let me know what you think!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Yep, that's me. I could use some comments/criticism, but I think Tre has done an overall awesome job with it.

Indeed it was hard to get a tone that was rough and smooth at the same time.

Oh btw it's not just a Parker Fly, it's a Parker Fly Deluxe :D

Goofpig

Reaction score
Yep, that's me. I could use some comments/criticism, but I think Tre has done an overall awesome job with it.

Sounds good man!

I have nearly the exact same setup (but Fly Mojo -> Axe-FX Ultra.)
How are you liking the deluxe?

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Sounds good man!

I have nearly the exact same setup (but Fly Mojo -> Axe-FX Ultra.)
How are you liking the deluxe?

Loving it! It's the best guitar I've ever played, let alone owned. I'm not really using the deluxe features so much, but I got it for a super bargain price (even though it was unused) so I'm happy!

I thought I wouldn't ever need the Ultra so I didn't get it.

Thanks for the positive remark about the song, by the way.

Goofpig

Reaction score
Loving it! It's the best guitar I've ever played, let alone owned. I'm not really using the deluxe features so much, but I got it for a super bargain price (even though it was unused) so I'm happy!

I thought I wouldn't ever need the Ultra so I didn't get it.

Thanks for the positive remark about the song, by the way.

For sure man. The Fly romance doesn't end either - I've had mine nearly 2 years and it still reigns supreme over every axe I've played.

Had the same situ about the Standard but lucky for me some dude with an Ultra just got married and had to sell him... :) I use the 3 gates and multi-band compression though. Works wonders.

And no worries about the compliment - it's good shit played with good gear. Yup yup.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Thanks! What do you mean, like under a blanket? Can you put it more specifically so Tre can potentially fix it?

Btw, what do you guys think of the instrumentation individually? The vocals, the gutiars, the drums etc. I would greatly appreciate specific feedback as we still have 3 songs to record and I am in the process of writing more.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Sounds sick man, definitely very natural and organic, which is what you were aiming for. Kick may be a little loud, maybe it's just me.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score

Hello fellow Parker Fly Deluxe owner :D

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like it's under a blanket to me, really well done Tre, although I think a drum sound not as similar to your own would be cool.

Love the vocals, very well tracked, same with the guitars. Some parts really remind me of gorod past about halfway, I freaking love it!

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Sounds sick man, definitely very natural and organic, which is what you were aiming for. Kick may be a little loud, maybe it's just me.

Haha that's just me. I like a slightly loud kick, I kinda pushed for it.

Doesn't sound like it's under a blanket to me, really well done Tre, although I think a drum sound not as similar to your own would be cool.

Love the vocals, very well tracked, same with the guitars. Some parts really remind me of gorod past about halfway, I freaking love it!

Yeah, the second half of this song has what I call 'the gorod parts', so that's spot on!

As a sneak peek, here are some other part names I use in my other songs: "the psycroptic part" (that one comes up pretty often, the are a huge influence on me), "the dying fetus part", "the necrophagist part", "the obscura part'", "the melechesh part".

Those guys are mainly my influences.

What genre would you guys call this? I call my stuff progressive/tech death but I can't be objective. My other songs are more proggy, this is the balls to the walls song (not that the others are soft :D)

The vocals were mostly improvised on spot, I just sang what sounded good. I especially like the highs.

Tomo009

Reaction score
The vocals are pretty amazing, overall awesome. Not really any criticism, sounds about right to me. You are definitely on to something, I want to hear more now.

Fionn

Reaction score
fooking brutal!!! id raise gits a bit if i were mixing it, but other than than sounds mint!

nrwoodman

Reaction score
Yeah bro this is a great track, it does have some of what i consider "Tech Death" in there but its surrounded by a nice brutal / old school death feel which is very good IMO. As far as mix, the vocals can use a tad more presence unless that is the sound you're going for.

Overall i give it a B+

reminds me of a band i used to listen to called Porphyria haha

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
i always mix dull and master sharper. the full master will have more of a dynamic feel. :)

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Here's a video Tre took of me while recording:

There's also me singing some Through the Eyes of The Dead to get into the mood :D

ChuckLee

R.I.P. Chuck
Reaction score
The song just kicked my arse up to my brain :hbang:
It's diabolic death metal bro, I love it :metal:

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
Nice. Always a treat to see a Fly used for extreme stuff.

Beware that it's your first Fly but almost certainly won't be the last one you buy. Parker GAS has no known cure. I'm up to six now.

')