The Asylum album is done - We're taking preorders - release Feb 26th!!

• Thread starter Vince
  • Start date
  • Tags
    the asylum
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
To pre-order, go here and click on the Buy Now link: THE ASYLUM FANS.NET -- Closer to the Evil

We went back and forth a few times on doing a 8 page or a 12 page. We had the art done for a 12 page booklet, but we didn't think it flowed as well as the 8 page, so for continuity's sake we kept it simpler.

Here's the art we created for the album:

The CD face is full CMYK, not 3 color:
TACDface.jpg

The traycard:
TAtraycard.jpg

A lo-res of the booklet:
TAbooklet.jpg

I'm pretty stoked about this and how it came out, I hope you guys like it too. We have the CDs now and they look fantastic! We're doing a radio show with a local station next Sunday, and after that we'll be releasing the discs.

So if you want to pre-order the CD, please go to this site and click on the BUY NOW link:

THE ASYLUM FANS.NET -- Closer to the Evil

We will be shipping the CDs out on Feb 26th!! We'll have T-shirts soon after too!

Last but not least, I made you guys a new album sampler... enjoy!

[MEDIA]http://www.vincelupone.com/mp3/THEASYLUMalbumsampler2008.mp3[/MEDIA]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
One more thing, here's an album review The College Times did for us recently to coincide with our album release:

The College Times said:
Very few young, up-and-coming bands display the rare combination of passion and professionalism found in Phoenix's The Asylum. The crisp production on their debut album, Closer to the Evil, is a refreshing change of pace in a local scene bogged down with half-assed, self-produced demos by bands of questionable talent and dedication.

Of course, production value means little without solid songwriting, but The Asylum delivers in that regard as well. These guys appear completely unfazed by flavor-of-the-month metalcore trends, instead opting for the tried and true sound of late '80s thrash and early '90s groove metal.

Guitarist Vince LuPone clearly worshiped at the altar of legendary Pantera axeman Dimebag Darrell, while vocalist Jason Kendall's ability to go from a melodic baritone to a guttural growl recall's Sevendust's Lajon Witherspoon. The rhythm section of bassist Gerard Burick and drummer Dan Edwards provides a rock-solid backbone for The Asylum's sound, especially during the band's energetic live shows.

The Asylum might very well be the band to breathe life back into the Valley's stagnant metal scene. They've already set the bar higher for their peers. For that alone, valley metalheads should be grateful.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
As always, sounds excellent. The recording on that mix sounds the best so far. I'd like a copy of this.

So Gerard and Dan didn't record on the album? They aren't official members of the band? :scratch:

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Gerard was only in the band for a short time and is no longer with us. We recorded the basic tracks for the album with our old drummer before Dan ever joined the band. Dan's excellent though and has been a full-time member for about a year now.

Remember, we've been working on this album for 2 years! :agreed:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I ordered one, even though you've never replied to one of my PMs since I've been a member here :lol: I dig your band though :metal:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Gerard was only in the band for a short time and is no longer with us. We recorded the basic tracks for the album with our old drummer before Dan ever joined the band. Dan's excellent though and has been a full-time member for about a year now.

Remember, we've been working on this album for 2 years! :agreed:

I imagined it must have been something like that. The good thing about having core members is that even if some members quit, you don't have to throw away the songs since the people who wrote them are still in the band.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Definitely sounds kickass so far.

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
Ordered! I love the stuff I have heard so far....

Vince let me know if u want a few dollars more for postage to Oz :metal:

ManBeast

Reaction score
Sounds good...just make sure the guy hits the weights more before he flexes on an album insert.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sounds awesome, Vince! I love the artwork too, nicely done. I'll definitely pick up a copy soon. :metal:

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Ordered.

Finally :metal:

Tell me about it :wallbash:

Congrats, Vince! Thanks for the shoutout in the album sleeve :yesway:

Of course we'd give a shoutout here. SS.org is where I learn everything I know about guitars and albumless Drews. :agreed:

Sounds awesome, Vince! I love the artwork too, nicely done. I'll definitely pick up a copy soon. :metal:

Thanks, like I said in the first post, we had a couple different ideas floating around, including a 12-page insert at one point with pictures of a portrait for Dorian Gray, a globe with black clouds for This World, and all kinds of stuff. But in the end it all just didn't flow well together, so we went with a more streamlined look and I'm pretty stoked about how it came out. We got the CDs back a few days ago and I'm really pumped about the album now.

This is the music I've been trying to create for 10 years now, and to see it done and accomplished just feels absolutely fucking great.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Go to the website and order. :shrug: Its what I did.

See: Vince's sig.

btw album is killer dude :metal:

')