The Awesomely Bad movie thread

• Thread starter noodles
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
TopGun1986.jpg

I love this film to death, but seriously...the volleyball scene has no point. It doesn't forward the storyline in any way. If Maverick was to turn up at Kelly McGillis house without the audience seeing the volleyball scene THEY WOULD STILL GET IT!!!

File this one under "Pointless Homo-erotica"

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
No crappy movie thread can be complete w/o Battlefield Earth. OMFG, that is honestly the worst trainwreck I've ever seen caught on film. Not only does it have scientology (retarded) themes, it's TERRIBLE!!! If it was at all possible to sue for time, I'd have sued the makers of that monstrosity a looooooong time ago.

Honorable mentions go to anything by shamalamamadingdong (besides 6th sense), fast and furious (all of em), anything with Jlo, & the saw series,

Sigh...

Awesomely Bad Movies. Not Bad Movies, but Awesomely Bad Movies. This is for movies that you KNOW are bad, but in all the right ways. Battlefield Earth is just plain bad.

bobbyretelle

Reaction score
demon-island.jpg

Pinata: Survival Island

a weekend to dismember :lol:

i own it on dvd

Concerto412

Aeternae Sonus
Reaction score

aw, dude! Halicki's version owns the glamorized Bruckheimer abortion! knowing Nick Cage was actually driving in a couple of those chase scenes was pretty cool, but Halicki drove the entire 40 minute chase in the original. There are so many amazing moments in that film, and the backstory is just great. Things like filming scenes of the chase late Sundays, when the traffic cops weren't out in force; or Eleanor's sidelong crash into a lightpost along the freeway. the crash wasnt staged, it was just that - a crash.
The big kicker for me is the jump. The hugely overdone, impossible CGI jump that nick cage "barely makes" is laughable. Halicki, true to form, plowed a 73 mach 1 over a disguised ramp and walked away with a few compressed vertebrae (Ive heard 3, Ive hear 10. who knows?) and balls to spare. I would love to have been an extra, or gopher on that film crew!

come to think of it, best bad car movie?
17438.jpg

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
aw, dude! Halicki's version owns the glamorized Bruckheimer abortion! knowing Nick Cage was actually driving in a couple of those chase scenes was pretty cool, but Halicki drove the entire 40 minute chase in the original. There are so many amazing moments in that film, and the backstory is just great. Things like filming scenes of the chase late Sundays, when the traffic cops weren't out in force; or Eleanor's sidelong crash into a lightpost along the freeway. the crash wasnt staged, it was just that - a crash.
The big kicker for me is the jump. The hugely overdone, impossible CGI jump that nick cage "barely makes" is laughable. Halicki, true to form, plowed a 73 mach 1 over a disguised ramp and walked away with a few compressed vertebrae (Ive heard 3, Ive hear 10. who knows?) and balls to spare. I would love to have been an extra, or gopher on that film crew!

That is exactly why I posted it! The original pisses all over the remake, and has my favorite car chase scene of all time. The run through the dealership? Leading forty cops over the side of hill to a monster pileup? The way he said, "Well, here we go..." as the first cops spotted him, and he sideswiped him on the way out? The classic switch ending? A GREAT film with next to no plot to speak of. I loved every minute of it.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Since Vince's thread prompted some of us talking about these kind of movies, here is the thread for horrible movies that you love watching. I'll start with the most obvious choice:

deadalive.jpg

This is the home of such classic lines as, "Lyle, your mother ate my dog!" and "I kick ass for the lord!"

Haha i fuckin live for this film. Zombie baby FTW! Over here, and in its native New Zealand it's called Braindead. I can't believe Peter Jackson went from this to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, i mean, can you imagine him going to the CEOs with his portfolio? "So... you wanna make a multi-million dollar film, the biggest fantasy ever made, based on J R R Tolkiens novels, and your previous work consists of what exactly?" :lol:

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen that: Piece of shit!

Fixed.

If I wanted to watch 20 minutes of scenery filmed from the inside of a moving car then this would be the first film I'd come to. :lol:

However, I have to admit Torgo or whatever his name is, has quite a cool theme tune whenever he's around :lol:

D

Desecrated

Manos hand of fate is just funny, very bad editing but compared to movies like 'bring it on' it's epic win.

')