The bands/artists that friends mock you for liking?

• Thread starter SenorDingDong
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
I've noticed there is alot of Cradle of Filth hate around. I also listen to

The Sounds
Kill Hannah
Gunther
Rick Astley
Eyes of Noctum (People hate on them because their singer is Nicholas Cage's son)
Nachtmystium (One "friend" called them emo music)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
my entire music taste via various groups of people :lol:

Nimgoble

Wound tight
Reaction score
Lady Gaga
Garbage
Elton John

This last one is confusing to me. There are three things that are certain in life: Death, Taxes and Elton-John-Makes-Good-Music. If you think otherwise, you're fucking wrong.

:p

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Lady Gaga
Garbage
Elton John

This last one is confusing to me. There are three things that are certain in life: Death, Taxes and Elton-John-Makes-Good-Music. If you think otherwise, you're fucking wrong.

:p

thumbs way the fuck up :yesway:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I have one friend who mocks my musical taste for the following;

Van Halen
David Lee Roth
Free
Scorpions
Al Di Meola
Steve Morse
Alcatrazz
Rush

...need I say more?

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
I have one friend who mocks my musical taste for the following;

Van Halen
David Lee Roth
Free
Scorpions
Al Di Meola
Steve Morse
Alcatrazz
Rush

...need I say more?

WHAT?!?!?! thats insane Alcatrazz had Vai AND Yngwie at seperate times... what is there to laugh at???? and I'm going to so Di Meola in March, so I deem him unmockable as well :agreed:

and the rest are great bands... especially Rush and old Scorpions :metal:

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Sex Machineguns usually gets me some looks. Then again, most J-Rock seems to get me that look...

EcoliUVA

Not Gifted
Reaction score
Everybody mocks me for liking Timberlake. :shrug:

I have a good friend with the same "complex" who we make fun of relentlessly :lol:. No actual issue with it, but who doesn't love a good ribbing?

Among my (very few) metal friends, mine has to be new age piano stuff. "Whut? Das not Br00tulz...Pussy!"

Among the rest of my friends, they make fun of me for liking metal. "How can you understand what they're saying? Are you always angry or something?" Like you can understand half of the violent, angry shit Eminem is saying, asshole...:rolleyes:...haha

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Well, one of my friends is into classic rock and prog and so mocks me for liking metal. Another only listens to deep-underground Eastern European black metal so mocks me for liking apparently sold-out "commercial" bands like... umm... Death. :scratch:

And most of my other mates take the piss because I listen to metal in general, because they're too thick to understand it. :D:rolleyes: There's only a couple of people I know that I can talk to seriously about music without it descending into a bitch-fest.

No-one knows that I like blues and jazz though, and I'm gonna keep it that way I think :D

Skyblue

Reaction score
I pretty much only have 2 friends who try to mock me for listening to metal- one I don't really care about, and the other just tries so freaking hard it just feels idiotic. kinda getting on my nerves lately.

cregmachine

Reaction score
the main one i get stick for is limp bizkit, they were the first heavy band i had ever heard and loved it, still love it today. blink 182 are another 1

TheHandOfStone

E♭M7(♭5)
Reaction score
My friends don't really make fun of my tastes in music; hell, some of them share it. We also tend to get each other into different styles often. Also, I think I'm more critical of the bands I like than my friends are. :ugh:

Reaction score
Paramore (absolutley in love with them)
Such Gold
Hostage Calm

basically all my less heavy melodic hardcore, and some more underground pop punk :cool:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I more get weird looks vs. mocking when I tell people some of the shit I've got. Normally the biggest one is, "You only listen to classical when you drive?" to which I just shrug and say "Yeah."

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Paramore
VersaEmerge
Dream Theater
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Tool

Those are the bands I've openly being mocked for.
As for bands that I would be mocked for if my friends heard me listening to them, well that's a longer list indeed:lol:

')