The best guitar ive ever played.....is a Dean?

• Thread starter kgerbick7321
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Lucky you! I had to wait about a year and a half for my CS Dean.

A year and a half? That must be on your dealer for dicking around not Dean, as every one of my custom shop RC7s took between 3-5 months to arrive.

Yep,but some cheap stuff play great,some other play crappy.LTD cheap stuff I played always felt good,Dean's...well not as much

Plenty of LTDs come in feeling like shit too, and many import Deans play fantastic. The problem with cheap imports is quality control and consistency. I've gotten in some gems and some duds from the import Dean line, same as with everyone else. No exceptions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thatguyupthere

is rockin out
Reaction score
....most people aren't too crazy about those wings on the headstock :lol:

yep. that's what kills it for me :noway: maybe if it was in cursive it would look nice....and no wings.

other than that, ive only tried one dean my whole glorious 17 years in this world and it was a :poop:y low end one. but im sure they're more than capable of making high quality instruments. they're is still around aren't they?

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
I like the RC7 and the Vinnie Moore models a lot. Do they still have the Vinnie More models available?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I like the RC7 and the Vinnie Moore models a lot. Do they still have the Vinnie More models available?

Yep, we still order the Vinnie Moore customs plenty. I think some other places have them too. They werent discontinued or anything as far as I know.

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
Y'know, I've seen tons of NGDs here on SS.org with Agiles, Ibanez Premiums, Schecters, Carvins, and even uber-priced custom guitars that have all kinds of issues. Bad pots, neck pockets that need to be shimmed, chips in the finish, sloppy binding, you name it.... hell, there's even the Blackmachine with misaligned tuners.

I've never owned an import Dean, but I would wager that they're no more hit-or-miss than any other import. If people can tolerate all the problems with Agiles but still order them in droves, why on Earth couldn't they tolerate imported Deans? The styling isn't for everyone, but no guitar is perfect. Well... except my DC700. It's okay to be jeal.

Latest posts

')