The best guitar ive ever played.....is a Dean?

• Thread starter kgerbick7321
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Voldemort

Reaction score
No offense, but you are very, very wrong if you think a made in the US guitar has the same quality/sound/playability and one made in Korea. Even regarding the same instrument. I've played a MIK RCX7 and a made in US RC7 and they are no where near the same instrument other than aesthetics.

BLINDFOLD TEST - Telecaster Squier vs Fender vs Custom Shop - Part 2 - YouTube

You should check this video out, man.

I've no idea about RC7s, as I've never played a US model, but certainly two guitars made by good luthiers to the same standards with the same materials can be as good as eachother.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Señor Voorhees;3936828 said:
I've wanted to take the 20 minute drive to the Axe Palace since I found out they were so close to where I live, but most of the stuff there is well out of my poor man's budget, and I'd really rather not be the guy who goes just to stick my grubby little hands all over nice gear with no intents of buying..

Dude please dont fee like if you cant afford what we have, that you shouldn't come. I more than welcome people to come try things out just so they can get acquainted with whats out there. You're more than welcome to come jam out on stuff without buying stuff. Its supposed to be a fun place, its not like a "high rollers" club or anything.

PS: I see a lot of people talking about the inlays or the Xenocide graphics. Those are custom options that you dont have to choose. Two of my three RC7s have quilt tops and one has no inlays at all.

Toxin

no, i don't drink vodka
Reaction score
binding looks like a small white burst
would look uber-sexy if it was true

Reaction score
I had one of those Dean Custom Run VMNT's, played like a dream and was a quality guitar. Played better than my MIJ Jackson or RGA8QM. Mustaine pickups were complete shit though.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
all they have to do is reverse the headstocks and i bet these would double in sales. everything else is just so nice and underrated.

Kaappari

Reaction score
I have to say that I kinda agree. But in my case it was a us made Vinman. It was spectacular and played like nothing else.

Reaction score
Well, I have an import Dean V, and it actually is the best sounding and playing guitar I have. Some might argue with that, but for me it is.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Why do folks not like these headstocks? I think they're probably the nicest one Dean offers. I also feel like the non-reverse looks a lot nicer than reverse would. For some reason I get weirded out at the thought of guitars with slightly up-curved headstocks.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
Dean get alot of hate here but the RC7's are great guitars. Really any of the CS, USA are great and some of the high end imports are good. The cheap stuff well is cheap just like alot of brands.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Señor Voorhees;3937404 said:
Why do folks not like these headstocks? I think they're probably the nicest one Dean offers..

Because the 8-string headstock looks like it's bigger than the body

Andrenighthound

Reaction score
I would die for a custom dean. Does the axe palace do a monthly payments with buyers own credit card, like american musical supply or sweetwater?

TraE

Reaction score
Interesting. I've always heard USA Deans were the shit... now I just have to try one out for myself.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
all they have to do is reverse the headstocks and i bet these would double in sales. everything else is just so nice and underrated.

Reverse headstock is an option, all one has to do is ask. We've ordered them with reverse headstocks. It IS a custom shop after all :)

I had one of those Dean Custom Run VMNT's, played like a dream and was a quality guitar. Played better than my MIJ Jackson or RGA8QM. Mustaine pickups were complete shit though.

So true. Amazing guitars but the Mustaine pickups are awful. I'd just pop in any other active or passive pickup in there and you'd be good to go.

I have to say that I kinda agree. But in my case it was a us made Vinman. It was spectacular and played like nothing else.

Those are nice too. The Vinnie Moores remind me a lot of a USA Soloist but with a bolt-on birdseye neck. Really great axes.

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
I think the reason why I really hate dean is because the only ones I've ever played cost like 100 bucks and are the crappiest things in guitar center.

I can't even imagine liking one xD

But it's nice to hear that they're still making good instruments- great that you got to try this thing out!!!

AhsanU

pew pew.
Reaction score
Hey Kenny, cool to see you were digging my guitar there.

Yeah their import models dont do the custom shop RC7s justice. I own 3 of them that I use in the studio and live, and they're the best playing guitars I've ever come into contact with. Sound killer, flawless craftsmanship, quick build times, just all around awesome for my tastes.

Lucky you! I had to wait about a year and a half for my CS Dean.

But as mentioned before, their USA/CS stuff is incredible. I believe it's gotten better over the years as well. The turnaround time has improved, as well as what they're able to offer. When I built my Razorback V7, their CS couldn't deliver the scale length I wanted (either a 26.5 or a 26.25), so I had to settle for a 25.5.

Their imports have become way better though. Those that state Dean's imports are bad just haven't tried a relatively newer one. I will say from first hand experience that their old ones blew chunks, but the newer ones are definitely up to standards in terms of imports that other manufacturers offer.

karjim

Set the World Afire
Reaction score
Dean is like BC Rich, too many folks think they're crappy chinese indo pack starter with Brazzers models for commercials ! :) So true
No no no...the US factory makes the best metal guitars in the world

')