The Best V Guitar Of All Time.

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
YBYZ75A.jpg

The original Double Rhoads on the right.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
The Eclipse is a Les Paul, a V, and a tele shape. They're really bad about recycling that name

Haha yeah, they're only calling it an eclipse because its a sugizo signature, all or a lot of his guitars are called eclipses iirc. Like this RD (which does all kinds of things for me, with 3 single coils and a Floyd).

e.jpg

soliloquy

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Mustain is headed towards Kramer. Though its rumored for him to join Gibson, but Kramer makes more sense as Gibson never had a pointy V.

His days with Jackson, ESP and Dean have produced the same guitar over and over again. If he joined Gibson, it would have been neat to see a roundy V instead of a pointy. But Kramer, being more metal oriented, would suit him better.

I've always had a soft spot for the Kevin Bond Rhoads from Jackson, and the RR5 from Jackson. Was close to pulling the trigger on one a few times, and i'm kind of glad it never came to be. as I'm aging, i'm getting away from pointy stuff. So I'll take a Dean V or something similar over a pointy metal V.

though the new epiphone V is a beauty!
flying-v-prophecy-modern-fishman-fluence-ht-hh-eb-hd-3-171741.jpg

same goes for the silverburt from a few years ago
s5Nndek.jpg

and this
00fdac711bfce3485d45d33d091e6731.jpg

Last edited:

Wakizashi

Reaction score
Kinda liked RR shape the most for some reason, I have to say that BC Rich JR V7 was my favourite V. Great playability, ebony board. slim fast neck with comfy modern D shape. Even that Korean FR was not half bad (and had great success on Warbeast WMD with it as well). Talking about ESP Mustane sig, it had to be really nice axe, even Abbath from Immortal used that with adding original FR there. To LTD guitars, i should not get rid my JH 600. Great axe with price raised up significantly now... Not that extremely slim neck as my RG550 (still slim tho) but inspirational to play on. What can you do...

upload_2021-1-8_17-24-1.png

BC Rich R V7

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Mustain is headed towards Kramer. Though its rumored for him to join Gibson, but Kramer makes more sense as Gibson never had a pointy V.

His days with Jackson, ESP and Dean have produced the same guitar over and over again. If he joined Gibson, it would have been neat to see a roundy V instead of a pointy. But Kramer, being more metal oriented, would suit him better.

I've always had a soft spot for the Kevin Bond Rhoads from Jackson, and the RR5 from Jackson. Was close to pulling the trigger on one a few times, and i'm kind of glad it never came to be. as I'm aging, i'm getting away from pointy stuff. So I'll take a Dean V or something similar over a pointy metal V.

though the new epiphone V is a beauty!
flying-v-prophecy-modern-fishman-fluence-ht-hh-eb-hd-3-171741.jpg

same goes for the silverburt from a few years ago
The inlays on this are beautiful

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
Love everything but the pickguard. Why didn't they make the outer edge parallel to the body? The switch tip going right up to the edge and the knob hanging over make it look like a sloppily cut aftermarket pickguard.

That’s pretty much how they’ve been making most of them since the 1950’s, similar to the futuristic auto designs of that time with asymmetrical lines.

Interesting that Flying Vs proved to be far ahead of their time- only about 100 were made in the first run as not many people liked them in 1958.

I think you have to look at the Custom V for a somewhat more symmetrical pick guard design- even Jimi’s V was pretty wild. (And a wild price at 9,999$!)

FC86B31C-5248-40DC-A0C2-FA715B5BF810.jpeg
551EF8F8-93D1-4BEE-95A2-848472C51CEA.jpeg

')