The Best V Guitar Of All Time.

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
DA2F55AB-59A2-4896-A28E-A9BB53ACE9EE.jpeg
Somebody probably posted these already, but aren’t these part of the reason for Vs’ popularity, particularly in Metal? I like ‘em!

492B8A26-569C-44EA-A5E1-8C267566B8F8.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
I wish i could find a cheap gibson modern V, the one that looks like the Roswell

What’s cheap for you?

I’ve seen a few weird and/or rare Gibsons pop up at Music Go Round over the years. Sometimes at good prices too.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
Well not the 5k some are asking for ;)

haha yea no doubt!

I saw the Gibson V and the Explorer with carbon fiber top a few years back for under a grand each. Should’ve grabbed at least one!

Can’t remember the model name maybe it was New Century or something?

There’s always these cool weird Gibsons over the years, hard to keep track.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
Man I would love on of these:

F6F8D320-8213-433D-A385-2FE37E395EF9.jpeg

THE V STANDS FOR VICTORY!

hell yeah!

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
Speaking of which why the hell did guitar makers put the dots on the fingerboard where they commonly are?

Always preferred a blank board like above, and one side dot on 7.

Makes absolutely no sense the way they are. Make it every other, one or none at all!

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
That's cool and the SG even better in that color with the big pickguard! That series is tempting considering the low price... not a big fan of the color but with the black hardware it kinda works

Yes indeed, a drab color, but when plugged in lookout- The full force of beige and black! Yeeehaw boys!

Funny story about the Govt series- as far as I understand it (back when the govt made some kind of sense and did normal govt kinda things) because of CITES they took all Gibsons rosewood and then wound up giving it all back later on!

Masoo2

Reaction score
2914445577_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

I really don't hate it. One of the few Vs I've seen with a top that actually looks tasteful. Jackson really needs to do more with that Winterstorm finish imo.

Not a big fan of lack of cutaways on the Jackson Rhoads though, it's a feature of the SV/Alexi that I've came to appreciate more and more throughout the years.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
From probably my fav series by the much maligned big dogs, the Gothic V:

View attachment 88751

Gibson sure gets a lot of smack, but they really do some things right, like the pink blanket? Come on!
I actually prefer a gloss black guitar and matte black guard. I always thought about getting an epiphone version and polishing and buffing the hell out of the guitar so it turns shiny (like playing) and then get a custom matte guard

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
2914445577_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

I really don't hate it. One of the few Vs I've seen with a top that actually looks tasteful. Jackson really needs to do more with that Winterstorm finish imo.

Not a big fan of lack of cutaways on the Jackson Rhoads though, it's a feature of the SV/Alexi that I've came to appreciate more and more throughout the years.
Inlays are facing the wrong way imo, everything else seems to flow perfectly though.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
I actually prefer a gloss black guitar and matte black guard. I always thought about getting an epiphone version and polishing and buffing the hell out of the guitar so it turns shiny (like playing) and then get a custom matte guard

Just saw one of these, not bad for a “beater!”

Only 399$!

0BBECF2F-5859-4C99-BA05-19F133668656.jpeg

')