The Best V Guitar Of All Time.

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xDarkCrisisx

Reaction score
No one EVER mentions this guitar, but I love(d) my LTD MS-1.
Essentially a string through SV that was made into a sig for Mike Spreitzer of DevilDriver, thing was a feature steal (to me) for a sub $900 sig model. Mahogany Body and set mahogany neck, 24XJ frets, ebony board, locking tuners, dual 81's (big deal in 2011). Swapped the EMGs to ceramic Warpigs and this was my Death Metal machine! Dying Fetus, JFAC, Decapitated, Death, and even recently some Gatecreeper.

I never sold it or anything, but a new love entered my life: my Brent Hinds Flying V!!!
I used to only like pointy guitars, but one day I picked it up at a Samash and this thing changed my perspective about my playing, guitar preferences, and even my music preferences without me realizing it. It's got a GREAT neck that is big, but not unwieldy. His signature Lace pickups are hot but still clear, and the big body let's the guitar resonate so well.

I play Doom and Stoner Doom stuff with this thing, and paired with my OR15 it is a workhorse. The 'vibe' of the guitar got me into a whole new slew of subgenres, I started to learn more scales and chords, and even fall in love with wound 3rd strings for extra beefy chords. This thing also gets the most questions or compliments if I bring it to Alto to try out gear. Old school guys flip out when they see feel the neck, modders look at it with potential, but everyone loves the look of it.

These are obviously not my images, it's 3 AM and don't want to do a photoshoot right now haha.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Oh god is this thread now gonna be full of a million Laiho ESPs cause he died?

I mean, I kinda get it, I've spent a lot of time about getting one of his LTDs, but lets face it, when it comes to Alexi, there can be only one.

1e742b65668fc8f8cf746425dadd09c4.jpg

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Losing Alexi was one of Jackson's biggest screwup. Sure their custom shop were in U-Hauls at the time and there's no USA production model he could use, but every Jackson Stars model are 24 frets, and they (Chushin) also have a semi-custom shop that could churn him out a dozen Wildchild Rhoads (which they end up doing anyway with the RR-J2SP) in a few weeks.

Masoo2

Reaction score
No one EVER mentions this guitar, but I love(d) my LTD MS-1.
Essentially a string through SV that was made into a sig for Mike Spreitzer of DevilDriver, thing was a feature steal (to me) for a sub $900 sig model. Mahogany Body and set mahogany neck, 24XJ frets, ebony board, locking tuners, dual 81's (big deal in 2011). Swapped the EMGs to ceramic Warpigs and this was my Death Metal machine! Dying Fetus, JFAC, Decapitated, Death, and even recently some Gatecreeper.
Man I forgot about the MS-1 and by that extent also the two Dimmu Borgir signatures, totally sick guitars. The other Devildriver sig was also really nice.

Am I wrong in thinking that they pulled an Alexi and released two different versions of the Galder sigs, one for the NA market with the extended horn and one for outside with the proper SV horn?

dayephujzfbhwdzqqxfm.jpg

Ltd-shadow-black_02.jpg

May just be the camera angle playing tricks though.

I hope not (no offense to anyone) I also dislike the usual "person dies, gets alot of attention" scenario. I'm actually a very casual bodom fan, i legit like his Vs. Total coincidence!
Same here, definitely not a big Bodom fan by any stretch of the means, but his signature guitars have been consistently solid throughout the years. Great looks, interesting features (still want to try a guitar with that preamp), really an identifiable guitar unlike some other signature models.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Man I forgot about the MS-1 and by that extent also the two Dimmu Borgir signatures, totally sick guitars. The other Devildriver sig was also really nice.

Am I wrong in thinking that they pulled an Alexi and released two different versions of the Galder sigs, one for the NA market with the extended horn and one for outside with the proper SV horn?

dayephujzfbhwdzqqxfm.jpg

Ltd-shadow-black_02.jpg

May just be the camera angle playing tricks though.

Same here, definitely not a big Bodom fan by any stretch of the means, but his signature guitars have been consistently solid throughout the years. Great looks, interesting features (still want to try a guitar with that preamp), really an identifiable guitar unlike some other signature models.

I remember the Devildriver Sig, he played a Mustaine ESP V during the Sounds of the Underground tour.

The first picture is definitely a Laiho shape and the other two pictures definitely resemble a Jackson RR.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Galder's own guitars were definitely RR shape, not sure if they released an LTD model like that though or at least it was never old here in the US and with the stupid artwork on it I never cared enough to look into it more lol.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Ya, if I remember right his and Roope's Jacksons got stolen and that's why the switched to ESp.

Alexis's Jackson guitars were stolen, then ESP offered him guitars and that's how the relationship with Alexi Laiho and ESP started, I read that in a Guitar World magazine about 10 years ago.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Alexis's Jackson guitars were stolen, then ESP offered him guitars and that's how the relationship with Alexi Laiho and ESP started, I read that in a Guitar World magazine about 10 years ago.

I did too, but that was 10 years ago, I didn't know if I was remembering right.

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Timeline was his Jackson were stolen -> he went to Jackson to ask them to build him new one -> they told him to get in the line with the other Custom Shop request -> he toured with Roope's two CS Rhoads -> ESP offered them endorsement + they'll build Alexi's guitar in 2-3 months. ESP gave him a black pinstripe on white and a yellow pinstripe bevel on black, so basically his sig. They never went through the whole design/redesign phase, Alexi just wanted a replacement and ESP just wanted someone to endorse the RV shape.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Timeline was his Jackson were stolen -> he went to Jackson to ask them to build him new one -> they told him to get in the line with the other Custom Shop request -> he toured with Roope's two CS Rhoads -> ESP offered them endorsement + they'll build Alexi's guitar in 2-3 months. ESP gave him a black pinstripe on white and a yellow pinstripe bevel on black, so basically his sig. They never went through the whole design/redesign phase, Alexi just wanted a replacement and ESP just wanted someone to endorse the RV shape.

What he said.

xDarkCrisisx

Reaction score
Gibson also seems to have been teasing a similar looking Adam Jones Gibson V.

That's real booty considering they gave Brent a hard time, hence him going the Epiphone route and Bill going to ESP. I've been out of the guitar world for a bit so maybe they're making things easier for artists.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
That's real booty considering they gave Brent a hard time, hence him going the Epiphone route and Bill going to ESP. I've been out of the guitar world for a bit so maybe they're making things easier for artists.

Gibson has a new owner and new manager for about 2 years, which probably has much to do with this.

thrashinbatman

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
the thread has moved on at this point, but i came in to give shit to the OP because he wouldn't pick the old ESP V-II, then he did. I agree wholeheartedly, and I'm still mad salty about them cutting it and replacing it with the SV.

soliloquy

Reaction score
from what i've seen online, it seems to be a troll from Jones. That seems like a Brent Hinds V guitar, or just about any other silverburt V guitar. Even Reddit is claimign that Jones has a habit of trolling. to my knowledge, he's only ever been associated with the silverburt les paul over any other guitar out there...

Gibson also seems to have been teasing a similar looking Adam Jones Gibson V.

c9bwxxi2k2x51.jpg

')