The Best V Guitar Of All Time.

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
2910000557_jac_ins_cbr_01_nr.png

dude
That thing looks nice. Trve Space Age to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Musiscience

Reaction score
from what i've seen online, it seems to be a troll from Jones. That seems like a Brent Hinds V guitar, or just about any other silverburt V guitar. Even Reddit is claimign that Jones has a habit of trolling. to my knowledge, he's only ever been associated with the silverburt les paul over any other guitar out there...
For the moment it's not been confirmed officially, so all we have to go on is the teaser.

It does look suspiciously like the Brent Hinds Epiphone, but it is a Gibson logo on the headstock (not Epiphone) and the neck pickup is reversed like on other Jones guitars.

Also, the add was produced/posted by Gibson. Since their main goal as a business is to sell instrument and create hype/maketing around their products, I have a hard time believing they would agree to troll customers in a context where the joke is not evident (Aprils fool, etc.).

electriceye

Reaction score
I own a Jackson KV Pro (Mustaine), ESP DV8 (non LTD) and I built a Gibson V copy a few years ago. Hands down, the Jackson rules. It is the perfect size, the neck is perfect, and it just has a mojo to it that makes you want to be the next Dave Mustaine. I really wish I could add a KV1 to my collection, though.

I searched for a LONG time to get a DV8, and scored that one a few years ago. For whatever reason, the DV8 just doesn't do it for me. It is a bit too big and the neck profile is thicker than the KV Pro/KV1. (In fact, if anyone is seriously interested in buying it, hit me up via PM. I'm in the northeast US). I need to take it out of the closet and start playing it again, just to confirm it didn't do it for me.

I'm building 3 more Gibson-style Vs, but you can't shake your fist at those. The Gibson is the true, ultimate, classic V.

But, gun to my head, give me a Jackson V of some sort any time. (My ultimate scores would be a Y2KV Mustaine and KV1 Korina)

Outside of the ESP DV8, I really don't like most of the Vs that ESP makes. The Alexi ones and such always looked goofy to me with the lower cutaway and silly features like saw blade edge fret markers and such. Just give me a Jackson RR instead.

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I own a Jackson KV Pro (Mustaine), ESP DV8 (non LTD) and I built a Gibson V copy a few years ago. Hands down, the Jackson rules. It is the perfect size, the neck is perfect, and it just has a mojo to it that makes you want to be the next Dave Mustaine. I really wish I could add a KV1 to my collection, though.

I searched for a LONG time to get a DV8, and scored that one a few years ago. For whatever reason, the DV8 just doesn't do it for me. It is a bit too big and the neck profile is thicker than the KV Pro/KV1. (In fact, if anyone is seriously interested in buying it, hit me up via PM. I'm in the northeast US). I need to take it out of the closet and start playing it again, just to confirm it didn't do it for me.

I'm building 3 more Gibson-style Vs, but you can't shake your fist at those. The Gibson is the true, ultimate, classic V.

But, gun to my head, give me a Jackson V of some sort any time. (My ultimate scores would be a Y2KV Mustaine and KV1 Korina)

Outside of the ESP DV8, I really don't like most of the Vs that ESP makes. The Alexi ones and such always looked goofy to me with the lower cutaway and silly features like saw blade edge fret markers and such. Just give me a Jackson RR instead.
I don't mind the sawtooth inlays, and the weird pinstriping is acceptable, but the solid pinstripe bevel doesn't do much for me, it looks super oversized.

Of the LTD Vs, I like the Arrow best. The violet andromeda finish is gorgeous.

Aliascent

Reaction score
Possibly one of my favorite designs, especially with that headstock. It's basically a King V mixed with a Gibson V, with a dash of Samick thrown in for good measure.

Too bad that they are (kinda) rare, and useless unless you want to swap the bridge, nut, drill for tuning keys and all.
0b7e24072fe7556241aef223c71364b8.jpg

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Possibly one of my favorite designs, especially with that headstock. It's basically a King V mixed with a Gibson V, with a dash of Samick thrown in for good measure.

Too bad that they are (kinda) rare, and useless unless you want to swap the bridge, nut, drill for tuning keys and all.
View attachment 88923

I remember those Floyd Rose models with the double ball end strings that you just snap in and they're already in tune and ready to play. At least that's what the advertisement was for those double ball end strings.

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ah, the Speedloader. There's a super nice Korean Warlock with one of those near me for dirt cheap, but it'd be a pain in the arse to drill out holes for tuners + replacing the bridge for a regular Floyd

Reaction score
It's a shame the Speedloader thing just went bust. It's also a shame that Floyd Rose just kicked it out of memory and refuses to look back. Hopefully someone can figure out how to make strings for those

Aliascent

Reaction score
I remember those Floyd Rose models with the double ball end strings that you just snap in and they're already in tune and ready to play. At least that's what the advertisement was for those double ball end strings.

Good idea but it was cursed from the start :(

Ah, the Speedloader. There's a super nice Korean Warlock with one of those near me for dirt cheap, but it'd be a pain in the arse to drill out holes for tuners + replacing the bridge for a regular Floyd

The MiK Bc Rich were not bad iirc,and I'm not sure how it is where you live, but I've seen some speedloader Bc Rich go for less than 200€, so even adding the cost of a floyd + tuning keys , you'd be at 500-ish, worth doing it imho.

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Australia, the Warlock was laying waste in a pawn shop for like 250 AUD (so like 150 euro-ish), in good overall condition, just the speedloader. Bigger problem is that I don't really have the woodwork skill to do it myself, and luthier work here is quite costly. Would end up like being 750-ish total by estimation, which is probably worth but a lot of work.

Saw a Pro X Warlock go for 600 recently and there's a Pro X Mockingbird for 800-ish in another city, 750 for a somewhat barebone (Korean but stock pickups/no bindings/etc...) Warlock seems a bit eh. There's a Korean Draco for 800 that's been sitting on Facebook Marketplace for ages with no takers as well.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Now this is just my biased opinion, but this is the best V ever, mainly because it's mine and I've owned it since it was made in 1993, but also because it's an awesome guitar.

MIJ Jackson King V Pro Dave Mustaine. Crappy pic, I'm not much of a photographer.

Trying to find out more about it. I've read 150 were made, and have also read 500 were made, but my serial number is production #1212 so I'm not sure what to believe.

It's all original/unmodded. Kind of unusual bridge but I LOVE the fine tuners without the hassle of a Floyd etc.

IMG_20210113_092900.jpg

DISTORT6

NJ DEVIL
Reaction score
Now this is just my biased opinion, but this is the best V ever, mainly because it's mine and I've owned it since it was made in 1993, but also because it's an awesome guitar.

MIJ Jackson King V Pro Dave Mustaine. Crappy pic, I'm not much of a photographer.

Trying to find out more about it. I've read 150 were made, and have also read 500 were made, but my serial number is production #1212 so I'm not sure what to believe.

It's all original/unmodded. Kind of unusual bridge but I LOVE the fine tuners without the hassle of a Floyd etc.

View attachment 88950
Nice.
I had the Silver version of this. It was one hell of a guitar all-around.
And, yes, I do miss it. (Not so much the GIANT case, though)

')