The Best V Guitar Of All Time.

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
The Mick Thomson double rhoad prototype one look cool too :
mickthomson_jacksonguitars.jpg

I can see why Mick Thomson wanted a double Rhoads V, dude is fucking huge like what 6'5" tall? A regular Jackson V would look like a child's jr guitar on him.

jco5055

Reaction score
I can see why Mick Thomson wanted a double Rhoads V, dude is fucking huge like what 6'5" tall? A regular Jackson V would look like a child's jr guitar on him.

He's actually "only" like 6'2, but Jim Root is 6'6...gotta balance out Corey Taylor being like 5'6 to achieve an average height for the band haha

lewis

Reaction score
He's actually "only" like 6'2, but Jim Root is 6'6...gotta balance out Corey Taylor being like 5'6 to achieve an average height for the band haha
its why in alot of Slipknot promo pics, Jim stands with his legs really far apart to lower his height so he doesnt stick out too much haha.

once you notice it, you can never not notice it -

89df219f2d9a8b2a6be31369229eb086.jpg

soliloquy

Reaction score
this wasn't the 'best v every', but it was a lot of fun when i had it. IT was the peavey vortex. I wonder why peavey was the only one to have those hollow grover machine heads. those looked awesome. This was kind of like the jackson rr, but with 24 frets, bolt on neck, and all 24 frets were accessible.

peavey-vortex-ex-51564.jpg

mbardu

Reaction score
God those mayones need to walk into the ocean.

More like they need to be put through the wood chipper, set on fire, ashes sealed in concrete and then shot into the sun after making sure all remaining pictures are scrapped from the face of the earth. Abominations :lol:

lewis

Reaction score
this wasn't the 'best v every', but it was a lot of fun when i had it. IT was the peavey vortex. I wonder why peavey was the only one to have those hollow grover machine heads. those looked awesome. This was kind of like the jackson rr, but with 24 frets, bolt on neck, and all 24 frets were accessible.

peavey-vortex-ex-51564.jpg

I had one of these when they were new, and it felt like a toy haha. Looks cooler than it was.
Felt way too small and weighed nothing. Im 5ft8 and even this felt small to me.

Body needed to be bigger

soliloquy

Reaction score
I had one of these when they were new, and it felt like a toy haha. Looks cooler than it was.
Felt way too small and weighed nothing. Im 5ft8 and even this felt small to me.

Body needed to be bigger

i'm at 5'11, at about 170ish lbs. I enjoyed the smallness of the guitar. Though I agree, it was SUPER light, and did feel somewhat like a toy, but the size i found comfortable. Though, it was my first V, and since then, ALL v guitars seem big to me...so maybe it wasn't a good thing.

Latest posts

')