The Best V Guitar Of All Time.

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

manu80

Reaction score
thought it was swiss cheese. ;)
This thread has tickled my Vidius search. Still hard to find some pre owned....ONe in france in a shop at...3100 euros....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
death_dealer_7.jpg
This thread was very low on Rhythm in Jump

Reaction score
the Ibanez Rocketroll was a sexy guitar
12-gilbert.jpg

1982 Ibanez Rocket Roll II in Cherry Sunburst.

10-gilbert.jpg

Mid-’70s Ibanez Rocket Roll Model 2387

The first one is ugly, the second just seems pointless as Gibson does it better. Ibanez should stick to what they do best....I'm not sure what that is as I've yet to see a best from them but...whatever it is they should stick to it.

FrashyFroo

Reaction score
The first one is ugly, the second just seems pointless as Gibson does it better. Ibanez should stick to what they do best....I'm not sure what that is as I've yet to see a best from them but...whatever it is they should stick to it.

Having played a mid 70's rocketroll, I disagree. They're excellent and highly sought after.

lewis

Reaction score
genuinely though, is there some sort of scientific reason that 99.9% of all flying Vs (Gibson style especially) are always 24.75 inch scale with 22 frets?
Surely there is a reason other than "Companies are sticking to that just because".?

Im still yet to get an answer on this and in 2021, its absolutely sickening and infuriating in equal measures you cant get a non pointy flying V with modern specs ffs.

Dean seem to get the closest but....its Dean :( Not sure I really want a Dean.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
genuinely though, is there some sort of scientific reason that 99.9% of all flying Vs (Gibson style especially) are always 24.75 inch scale with 22 frets?
Surely there is a reason other than "Companies are sticking to that just because".?

Im still yet to get an answer on this and in 2021, its absolutely sickening and infuriating in equal measures you cant get a non pointy flying V with modern specs ffs.

Dean seem to get the closest but....its Dean :( Not sure I really want a Dean.

Check out Hufschmid Guitars, he's a custom guitar builder in Switzerland and he does 24 fret, 25.5" scale V guitars.

hufschmid-v-guitars-2.jpg

lewis

Reaction score
Check out Hufschmid Guitars, he's a custom guitar builder in Switzerland and he does 24 fret, 25.5" scale V guitars.

View attachment 89583
can he do perfect shape replicas?
I dont dig that headstock with that classic body shape and would just want the Gibson style one.
Good to know there are offerings even if its from small custom builders.

What his reputation like? Ive heard so many Guitar Builder horror stories from this website in the last 10 years, it has scared me off tbh.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Supposedly, one should not speak of this builder (I think it was this one) in SSO, never got to know why... anyone care to enlighten me?, please...

Well he does sell used Honda engine blocks and calls them guitar picks. Other than that I don't know.

Latest posts

')