The Best V Guitar Of All Time.

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aso

Single Hum Zealot
Reaction score
Stop posting these or you will make order another ESP NV from the custom shop cause those old KKV's are awesome. Wonder if ESP would do the banana headstock on a NV. I didn't check when I ordered mine but I really think I 'need' one with a floyd

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

manu80

Reaction score
I saw a nv a month ago at 990 euros
I would have had it refinished instead of that yellowish satin white for the price
But I wasnt convinced about the inlays...

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Supposedly, one should not speak of this builder (I think it was this one) in SSO, never got to know why... anyone care to enlighten me?, please...
He was the first one to really make it big off of copying the blackmachine style even down to calling his guitars blackdroid. He was a member here and spammed the shit out of his extremely barebones simple guitars hyping them up like BM, Daemoness, Vik, BRJ, et cetera, et cetera...
When mods started to call him out on spamming and BS, he threw a fit and self-banned himself and started another forum somewhere else. He's building really simple bolt-on planks with minimal wood working involved. He uses pre-slotted fretboards from LMII. He made a thread here where he built a guitar in a week. He's kindof high on himself and lays on the salesman snake oil bs pretty thick like his blackdroidslip top secret nut plastic, top secret extra special wood stain, and infinite radius (meaning flat with no radius [another corner to cut in the effort it takes to build]) fretboard. His prices were inline with what BM, Daemoness, and Vik were charging at the time even though his guitars are as complex as a high school wood shop project.

Oh, bacon and Toblerone.

Did I miss anything, guys?

I don't know about now, but back then he refused to do a tilt headstock, tremolos, or any other neck joint than bolt-on.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
@possumkiller thank you very much for your reply, that was in fact enlightening...
Basically, he saw the stupid big hype that BM was experiencing and wanted in on it. Only he didn't do binding or fancy inlays. When he puts an exotic top on a guitar, he doesn't shape it to the forearm contour. He either does a regular strat forearm cut and cuts off the edge of the top (but people complained about how it looked) or does his patented classical contour which is doing a small 45 degree bevel on the forearm area to knock the edge off. He was one of the first to use a Hannes bridge. He didn't mount the piece on the back side of the body and made his own piece of metal to go back there.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Supposedly, one should not speak of this builder (I think it was this one) in SSO, never got to know why... anyone care to enlighten me?, please...

IIRC, and it's been YEARS since, but he was a prominent member on here and I was a fan of his builds for what they were (simple, clean super strats that always seemed to be natural finishes) but he slowly starting changing his tune and started rallying against the community for a reason no one seemed to really know. Eventually he made a big rant saying he was leaving, sort of disavowed the place, and got himself legitimately blacklisted that there was a filter in place for even mentioning him (may have been by his own request). It may not be in place anymore, or it doesn't catch misspellings, but regardless I believe that was the long and short of it.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
IIRC, and it's been YEARS since, but he was a prominent member on here and I was a fan of his builds for what they were (simple, clean super strats that always seemed to be natural finishes) but he slowly starting changing his tune and started rallying against the community for a reason no one seemed to really know. Eventually he made a big rant saying he was leaving, sort of disavowed the place, and got himself legitimately blacklisted that there was a filter in place for even mentioning him (may have been by his own request). It may not be in place anymore, or it doesn't catch misspellings, but regardless I believe that was the long and short of it.

Oh really? I never knew that. The super strats he builds are so nice! The electronics area is super clean and fancy looking as well!

hufschmid-guitars-2.jpg

hufschmid-8-string-outrenoir-1.jpg

hufschmid-guitars-5.jpg

Very nice work indeed, and I absolutely LOVE that headstock shape! I follow him on Instagram and Facebook. His quartersawn necks are pretty fucking strong too, he does strength tests but literally STANDING ON THEM with his full body weight and they don't snap!

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
I believe he only does fixed bridge guitars too, I've followed him for years and never saw a Floyd Rose equipped guitar. If I had the money, I'd definitely buy a strat!

electriceye

Reaction score
He was the first one to really make it big off of copying the blackmachine style even down to calling his guitars blackdroid. He was a member here and spammed the shit out of his extremely barebones simple guitars hyping them up like BM, Daemoness, Vik, BRJ, et cetera, et cetera...
When mods started to call him out on spamming and BS, he threw a fit and self-banned himself and started another forum somewhere else. He's building really simple bolt-on planks with minimal wood working involved. He uses pre-slotted fretboards from LMII. He made a thread here where he built a guitar in a week. He's kindof high on himself and lays on the salesman snake oil bs pretty thick like his blackdroidslip top secret nut plastic, top secret extra special wood stain, and infinite radius (meaning flat with no radius [another corner to cut in the effort it takes to build]) fretboard. His prices were inline with what BM, Daemoness, and Vik were charging at the time even though his guitars are as complex as a high school wood shop project.

Oh, bacon and Toblerone.

Did I miss anything, guys?

I don't know about now, but back then he refused to do a tilt headstock, tremolos, or any other neck joint than bolt-on.

I have no clue who your’e talking about, but what’s wrong with getting pre-slotted boards? LMII supplies beautiful wood and their services save a LOT of time, given what they charge. I can get slotted and radiused boards for an extra $19. Who would say no to that when it saves a good 2 hours or more of time?

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I have no clue who your’e talking about, but what’s wrong with getting pre-slotted boards? LMII supplies beautiful wood and their services save a LOT of time, given what they charge. I can get slotted and radiused boards for an extra $19. Who would say no to that when it saves a good 2 hours or more of time?
That is the point. He tries really hard to sell himself as some sort of master luthier god with the woodworking skills of Dylan or Vik, yet all of his guitars are bare bones extremely simple designs and he still does everything possible to cut corners where actual wood work is involved.

He's a guy using training wheels trying to pass himself off as a BMX master.

soliloquy

Reaction score
genuinely though, is there some sort of scientific reason that 99.9% of all flying Vs (Gibson style especially) are always 24.75 inch scale with 22 frets?
Surely there is a reason other than "Companies are sticking to that just because".?

Im still yet to get an answer on this and in 2021, its absolutely sickening and infuriating in equal measures you cant get a non pointy flying V with modern specs ffs.

Dean seem to get the closest but....its Dean :( Not sure I really want a Dean.

I know nothing of this company, but US made and decent price. Custom too. Have plenty of pics online and insta too
https://dunableguitars.com/collections/guitars/products/asteroid

')