The Best V Guitar Of All Time.

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VMNT

Reaction score
If we're talking about "the" V, it's got to be this
j27131 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Estilo

Reaction score
its why in alot of Slipknot promo pics, Jim stands with his legs really far apart to lower his height so he doesnt stick out too much haha.

once you notice it, you can never not notice it -

89df219f2d9a8b2a6be31369229eb086.jpg

Not sure if the joke's been made but.. Jim uses his very body to make an upright Flying V shape but it's his other guitarist who gets the actual V guitars.

lewis

Reaction score
big_1275196224273_f.jpg

Jim was occasionally into Flying Vs. Was playing them as far back as 2009.

1) that looks absolutely amazingly good with his mask and the Slipknot aesthetic.
2) presume thats pre Fender endorsement?
3) kind of a shame we didnt get Jim sig flying Vs

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
2) presume thats pre Fender endorsement?

Yes. Jim's a massive gearhead and was all over the place in terms of brands. He had various Gibsons, Jacksons, ESPs, a LACS RG, a collection of custom Charvel Pro Mods and even a PRS endorsement at some point. He's also got a Gibson Custom Shop that he still keeps in the box and yet to open.

Jim's been showing off a lot of his gear in Instagram lately and they're all really cool.

lewis

Reaction score
Yes. Jim's a massive gearhead and was all over the place in terms of brands. He had various Gibsons, Jacksons, ESPs, a LACS RG, a collection of custom Charvel Pro Mods and even a PRS endorsement at some point. He's also got a Gibson Custom Shop that he still keeps in the box and yet to open.

Jim's been showing off a lot of his gear in Instagram lately and they're all really cool.
hahaha thats amazing.
Wonder if it is a silverburst or if he is just playing haha

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score

I remember the video for "Before I Forget" and he was playing a Charvel. I also remember seeing a few Guitar World magazines where he played Jackson and PRS guitars as well.

electriceye

Reaction score
That is the point. He tries really hard to sell himself as some sort of master luthier god with the woodworking skills of Dylan or Vik, yet all of his guitars are bare bones extremely simple designs and he still does everything possible to cut corners where actual wood work is involved.

He's a guy using training wheels trying to pass himself off as a BMX master.

You do realize that every major guitar manufacturer uses CNC machines for nearly every step, right? Very few builders do boards by hand (I do both, depending on the cost and situation). Time is money. You know how long it take me to slot and radius a board? 2-3 hours.

Again, I don’t know the builder you’re referring to, but a guitar doesn’t need to be a hand-carved Alembic to be a great guitar or worth a lot of money. Jackson had a run of SL2H-Vs a couple years back, which were raw mahogany, dots and brass hardware. As simple as they could get. Did they cut corners on a $2500 guitar? No.

')