The Best V Guitar Of All Time.

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Am I wrong in thinking this is closer to the SV/RR/lawsuit shape than previously offered in the US?

If so, does this mean we'll actually be able to get proper SVs in the E-II/LTD range now? I've always hated the extended horn they would use on the Alexi models here.

Doesn't seem it to me

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
Pickups aside, which can always be swapped out to personal preference, RAN guitars did it right with this V.
ie- the ideal number of frets, making a 7 string V in red, a trem, and nothing too gaudy or too weird, etc as far as shape and aesthetics are concerned.

One can only hope they'll ever come back in some way, in some form. As far as I'm concerned, their presence is missed after seeing quite a few good guitars come from them over the years.

ran-guitars-15-075-invader.jpg

soliloquy

Reaction score
The bigger the better, which is why I like MLs. When my guitarist tries to play mine it looks fucking hilarious because it's the same size he is.

Oh! I REALLY want a ML. Yet, as you said, it just looks so out of place on me! I find them super comfortable playing, and there is so much to like on em, yet: a) it's super out of place with my Les Pauls b) the space is rather limited c) it looks WAY off on me.

That's okay, I'm good with Les Pauls, and maybe a Jackson RR down the line? Maybe.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
SpongeBob narrator: 23 padgess lattair.....

So what are the top 5 pointy production Vs in 2021 under $2k?

Reaction score
Oh! I REALLY want a ML. Yet, as you said, it just looks so out of place on me! I find them super comfortable playing, and there is so much to like on em, yet: a) it's super out of place with my Les Pauls b) the space is rather limited c) it looks WAY off on me.

That's okay, I'm good with Les Pauls, and maybe a Jackson RR down the line? Maybe.
Yeah I never paid attention to people saying they couldn't play certain guitars due to the body...until I got my MLs and saw smaller people try to play them. They feel just fine on me but watching people smaller than me attempt it, it becomes clear why people prefer certain body types.

macky

Reaction score
Submitting my one-off 2017 ESP Exhibition Limited Golden Arrow as the best V of all time. The body is wrapped in gold leaf and the fretboard has paua abalone inlays. Fluence Merrows to top it off. Willing to accept being wrong if enough support is thrown behind my Mike Learn-painted Jackson Rhodes with all the dragons n shit on it. Yes, I'm using a PRS Private Stock case to prop up my ESP. Humility is one of my skills.

DKkgKQM

4SKgRFV

Q6PR7Gv

Last edited:

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Okay, so I lied.

I was watching a video of Megadeth performing 'Tornado of Souls' live from the first Gigantour Tour on YouTube and stumbled upon this.

This two tone black and silver finish ESP DV8 is AMAZING! The best V of all time! It definitely had to be a one off ESP Custom V for Mustaine because I've never seen one like this.
182933777_10165239012820174_8951604453937395923_n.jpg

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Funnily enough I think God Forbid's use of the DV8's were more significant than Dave's lol. I almost swapped my old B.C. Rich Stealth 7 for a V Standard but the swap fell through.

VMNT

Reaction score
Funnily enough I think God Forbid's use of the DV8's were more significant than Dave's lol. I almost swapped my old B.C. Rich Stealth 7 for a V Standard but the swap fell through.

I remember the ads but never understood those guys advertising someone else's signature. 'Free' gear I guess.

dv8-.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Funny story.. From what I understand the DV8 was originally offered to Morgan Lander of Kittie but she turned it down, then Dave got it

manu80

Reaction score
Deans are VMNT. Vehement ?
Abbath from Immortal had one too , modified. Before he got his schecter that you cant find anywhere lol
Wish i could find my self a Mayones vidius

')