The Best V Guitar Of All Time.

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leviathus

Psychotic Monster
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Is that the Moser Custom Shop Bastard V?

Made me think of this song by Evile!
One dude is playing a Jackson King V and the other is playing a Moser Custom Shop V!

Yup. Then Moser did the Bastard import (like the one in that video) but I didn't like the shape as much. I'm a sucker for huge guitars and those are the biggest Vs I've ever seen.

I'd still like to try one out but the days of thinking it as my dream guitar are long over

16127395746_1b642603e3.jpg

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Yup. Then Moser did the Bastard import (like the one in that video) but I didn't like the shape as much. I'm a sucker for huge guitars and those are the biggest Vs I've ever seen.

I'd still like to try one out but the days of thinking it as my dream guitar are long over

16127395746_1b642603e3.jpg

That's one thing I loved about the ESP Mustaine sig, it's a big ass V! But I heard the Dean Mustaine V was big as well, but I've never tried one. I hate the small Jackson King V, I also had a Jackson Rhoads at one point and I was surprised at how small it was. I'm 6' tall and 230 pounds now, so that Rhoads V would look silly on me haha

Reaction score
That's one thing I loved about the ESP Mustaine sig, it's a big ass V! But I heard the Dean Mustaine V was big as well, but I've never tried one. I hate the small Jackson King V, I also had a Jackson Rhoads at one point and I was surprised at how small it was. I'm 6' tall and 230 pounds now, so that Rhoads V would look silly on me haha
Yeah at 6'1 and 300lbs, small guitars look stupid on me and they feel like toys especially when on stage since lots of hair and big shoes make me almost a foot taller. I remember getting to try a really nice BC Rich Mockingbird and it was beautiful..but the thing was so disappointing because it was small as hell and felt like a Fisher Price toy. That's why I fell in love with Dean MLs. They're the biggest guitars I've ever played and the feel right on me.

Reaction score
Even as a fan of these I wouldn't put them in the ranking of "best V" but since pretty much every V has been mentioned, might as well bring this bad boy out

8f9b2b5c934d7c754252056742863fcc.jpg

Reaction score
Yes the BC Rich Draco was cool, but smol.
Yeah and unfortunately it was "perfect" as is. There's really nothing you can do to it that wouldn't kill the look. You couldn't make it wider, you couldn't make it longer. Anything other than the way it naturally looks would be way off. They sounded and played great though. So there's that at least

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've always been partial to Michael Amott's ESP signature line:

esp-ninja-ii-nt-1873926.jpg

The shape of his current Deans is cool, but I just can't get over the finishes.
I've had 3 of these and they are pretty nice, shame I had to sell the red one though lol. Sold it to a guy in Slovakia.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
There can be only one.

gibson-flying-v-classic-white-pre-owned-254536.jpg

Yeah at 6'1 and 300lbs, small guitars look stupid on me and they feel like toys especially when on stage since lots of hair and big shoes make me almost a foot taller. I remember getting to try a really nice BC Rich Mockingbird and it was beautiful..but the thing was so disappointing because it was small as hell and felt like a Fisher Price toy. That's why I fell in love with Dean MLs. They're the biggest guitars I've ever played and the feel right on me.

Have you tried an Agile V? I used to have a seven string one, and from what I remember (it's been a while), it's the only guitar I've ever had that felt too big. I think it was bigger than my Explorer, and aren't those about the same size as an ML?

Reaction score
Have you tried an Agile V? I used to have a seven string one, and from what I remember (it's been a while), it's the only guitar I've ever had that felt too big. I think it was bigger than my Explorer, and aren't those about the same size as an ML?

Nope. Never even been near an Agile V. Now I kinda want to check one out.

Latest posts

')