The Best V Guitar Of All Time.

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

I play music

Reaction score
View attachment 88519 Surprised no one has mentioned the Vulture. This is my favorite V. Absolutely beautiful.
:agreed: Ormsby Metal V

metalv_1_orig.jpg
Ewwww I think you 2 are in the wrong thread .. maybe you were looking for this https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/some-guitars-are-too-funny-not-to-post.298929

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metropolis

Reaction score

jco5055

Reaction score
I love it. The fishman pickups sound great and I always wanted a white and gold RR. The only thing I would change on it would be the neck as I don’t like painted glossy necks, and the pickup switch placement is sometimes interferes with by the trem bar. Overall amazing guitar though. It is HUGE though which is kind of funny considering it’s a sig for a small Asian guy who (I think) performs in drag sometimes?

oh yeah, glossy necks are a no go, the TAT is all Satin and I love that.

I play music

Reaction score
Eww... I don't like Vulture either. But Metal V, metal af. Pointy sharp lines, very sleek looking like Jackson RR and ESP SV or Arrow with a serious twist.

51186819-10161258705585363-9090993791808045056-o_orig.jpg
Look where that lower side would meet the fretboard if there were no cutaway... and then tell me again that this does not look totally wonky...

manu80

Reaction score
they should release this Pat o'Brien model as an import.....
as for orsmby, had the RR white/pinstripes.... light as feather and good fretjob ,otherwise way overpriced brand

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd really love to see a Pat O'Brien sig like that one. Not exactly my list of specs but I'd love to be able to try one.

Blitzie

Reaction score
I'm embarrassed that Hetfield even signed his name on that hidious fucking thing... That's as bad as his Snakebyte Explorer. I love the Gibson and ESP Explorers, but that V is just... Nope.

He designed it. Of course his name is on it.

I play music

Reaction score
He designed it. Of course his name is on it.
He designed it probably is like he told a designer two or three things, the designer draws something up, asks do you like it? - yes - cool his new design

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
My first V was one of these. Wanted to keep it because of the story around these but honestly hated the way it played
976C79F2-41F5-4848-89C9-199C6EDE1C0A.jpeg

Metropolis

Reaction score
Leave it to Ibanez to fuck up a V

Neck-through Wizard II and made in Indonesia, there you have it. I had XPT700 and two RGT6EXFX's from same era, and they were kind of... how would you say, sticky with the thick gloss laquer. Acoustically very dead sounding instruments. Wizard II neck shape isn't the worst, compared to Wizard III, but still almost the same. It really depends what you compare them to, they probably aren't worst out there, but nowhere considered good or better either. Looks awesome though, again reverse headstock would be killer.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
That original Wizard II makes the old Schecter bat necks so much more playable. What an awkward profile ime.

Latest posts

')