The Best V Guitar Of All Time.

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
I still have mine and after some mods and a tons of shows with, it's still one of my favorite guitars and I've a lot of them.
I played it so much that the neck feel like home for me and this guitar will stay forever tune in B with some Blackouts.
My best friend have one too (Transform it to left handed ans silverburst) and both sound lound and clear unplugged, but we both have change the (hollow) plastic nut and tuners and the change was pretty drastic.
I'd be curious to see that custom burst finish your friend did.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
mustain v.jpg

so....this guitar breaks every "rule" I have about Vs.
1. It is string thru
2. It doesn't have a pickguard
3. It has an ugly headstock
4. It's a dean
5. I (mostly) hate graphics on guitars (the Lynch ESP Skulls and Snakes being one notable exception)
6. I haven't cared about Megadeth or Mustaine since anything after Countdown...

BUT....I REALLY do love this guitar and would like to have one but I don't know that I wanna spend money for a USA made version (pricey) and import Deans I have played have not been to my liking. I recently thought several times about getting the lightning bolt Dime dean ML because....Dime (I actually hate the shape of the guitar) but the import version felt like it was made of balsa wood so my impression of import Dean has not improved.

I guess I'll stick with the more traditional Vs anyway. When I was kid I loved the "METAL" look of the Gibson (and Hamer) Vs of KK Downing (before he went to the custom mini-V that was covered in brass buttons like the arm of an old fashioned sofa)... and it worked for early Metallica and the thrash bands and yet is equally at home on your lap in a jazz club so....

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
It's pretty hard to find a pic but this is one live
Live1.jpg
Nice. Thanks for posting. Making it a lefty really worked out. Now it has a true reverse headstock. It's cool that he moved the input jack to the opposing wing to maintain the functionality of having it on the upper rather than lower wing once flipped. BTW your friend looks like Dave Murray

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
I love these, the orange/red flamed model too. I've only ever seen one in a store about 20 years ago. A shame they were so rare and so expensive.

Same man. I remember back in 2003 in a guitar world, they had a picture of the that V and his grinch viper. As a complete guitar newb at that time, those were the holy grail guitars for me.

Musiscience

Reaction score
So funny story. That was gonna be the sig guitar of Morgan Lander of Kittie but she turned it down. They then gave it to Dave

That's interesting!

I played one way back (mid 2000?) and really liked it. Never knew at the time it was Mustaine sig, the sales person just put one in my hands like: try this out!.

remorse is for the dead

Reaction score
The best V I've seen is that from that one guy who posts here. A Jackson RR with a reversed headstock. Has two, I think.

Crumbling

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Why is it called a Jr.V anyway? Those things are massive.

Great looking finish though, I'm a sucker for purple, and unlike the new ones it isn't blinged out in Abalone.

Reactions: exo

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score

Latest posts

')