The Best V Guitar Of All Time.

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would let this V marry my daughter.

13698208_917273338419213_8567323355864757912_o.jpg
Now THIS is a respectable guitar

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Totally forgot about this monster posted waaay back on the bmusic forum during the heyday:

ESPCustomFlyingVgiga.jpg

Bareknuckle Steve Stevens set (Rebel Yells now, I presume, this was quite a while ago), there was some kerfuffle about it having a one-piece top when the DV-8 issue was still within recent memory, as I recall. Bunch of other nifty little things about it, quite possibly my favorite V ever.

Korneo

Reaction score
For the Trivium subject, I remember that Dean approched them because the wife of Dime talk with Dean about them and they make a deal.
But the signature guitars came very late and with literally no advertise except the one they made themself.
I remember Matt's telling me he broke a lot of input jack and the tuning stability was not that great + they "create" a custom pickup set for each but he was an EMG fan for years.
He say it's not bad guitars, but Dean made some promise they never get about they're signature models.
They use custom shop models when the production ones wasn't that great and the look is the same but not the entire specs (rosewood fingerboard instead of ebony for exemple)

They where pretty pissed of during the Unholly Alliance Tour (With Slayer, Amon Amarth and Mastodon. AMAZING shows !) and when the headstock broke and it was the cherry on the cake.
The tour end and they put some tape on the name of the brand on the headstock for next shows and contact Jackson and Gibson.
On the next European tour, Matt play with the Epiphone V whoch he say was a crappy guitar but he waiting for his 7 strings Explorer.

And that's it.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
kkv2.jpg

This is gorgeous. Off topic but I REALLY wish Hamer would come back (not the limited current import stuff but the original Californian and Chaparral)....sigh

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
Apart from the pickup choice and inlays, this about as close as it gets, in my opinion. I've been a fan of the ESP NV, but not a fan of the Kahler bridges that were usually installed. So this was a nice change of pace:

bcb328d6049c6c21ca438440407cb77b.png

Reaction score
Apart from the pickup choice and inlays, this about as close as it gets, in my opinion. I've been a fan of the ESP NV, but not a fan of the Kahler bridges that were usually installed. So this was a nice change of pace:

bcb328d6049c6c21ca438440407cb77b.png

That belongs to the Sammy from Goatwhore right? His X style guitars are nice. That carved top one he has is fuckin mint.

big_sammy-duet.PNG

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
Any V guitar with a jack that’s not on the top of the lower bout is a fail in my book. It makes seated playing a pain in the ass (and leg!)

Also funny how the guitar world generally celebrates copies, compared to the synth world where it’s more often derided.

OG (Olive Green) beauty right here. I mean a V is a Gibson. (Nobody calls Superstrats “Stratocasters” ffs)

FE91ED31-EC14-4134-9EB9-C844038B00EA.jpeg

Zhysick

Reaction score
Any V guitar with a jack that’s not on the top of the lower bout is a fail in my book. It makes seated playing a pain in the ass (and leg!)

Also funny how the guitar world generally celebrates copies, compared to the synth world where it’s more often derided.

OG (Olive Green) beauty right here. I mean a V is a Gibson. (Nobody calls Superstrats “Stratocasters” ffs)

View attachment 88689

I hate that color with all the cells of my body. But in a different finish I would definitely rock that V

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why is it called a Jr.V anyway? Those things are massive.

Great looking finish though, I'm a sucker for purple, and unlike the new ones it isn't blinged out in Abalone.

Because it's smaller than the original, Double-Rhoads sized Vs they originally made.

')