The Big List of Sevens Thread

• Thread starter Laren
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wayniac

Reaction score
All except the Anderson Drop-top !! :wallbash:
Oh - one more for the list - Jackson Stars soloist
Still have a Moore C-907 with the piezos... love it !
Thinking of getting rid of the Anderson, Greco, and one Moore ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Laren

Symphonic Black Metal!
Reaction score
omg the thread exploded, i'll get on top of it when i have more free time :S

astrocreep

Reaction score
Not great but hopefully it'll make a good enough neck donar for this poor lefty to try out a seven for the first time:

Tanglewood TJD700

Sandro67

Reaction score
Laren said:
Jackson
DR7
DR7T
DX7
KE7 Kelly
RR7
Cow-7
KV7 - Very Rare
Man, I would KILL for one of those. Does anyone know if Jackson mass produces any of these?

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sandro67 said:
Man, I would KILL for one of those. Does anyone know if Jackson mass produces any of these?

The COW 7 is currently in production. You can find the older RR7, DR7 & DR7T, and KE7 on eVilBay occasionally, and Ikebe in Japan has done limited runs of RR77 and KV7s as neckthrus. I believe they did a run of SL7s, too, one of which Noodles here owns, but I've never seen another one.

The USA Custom Shop ones pop up occasionally - VERY occasionally. (I've seen 4-5 of them for sale in five years.) There's only 30-40 USA Jackson 7 strings in existance, as of last count...

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Theres quite a bit missing here.

1) There was an *ESP* version of the Stephen Carpenter 7string available many years ago. Not a baritone, not a LTD, a regular neck-thru, alder body w/ Duncans...similar to his current ESP 6-string sig but a 7.

2) Schecter A7 was mentioned, but not the A7+ (floyd, basswood) or A7 Elite (neck-thru, hardtail, mahogany). Also there was a C7 and a C7+ (+ was setneck with a flame top, mahogany body).

3) There was a 7-string made in just about every USA BC Rich model. I personally owned a USA Wave 7-string (the only one ever made I was told), as well as a USA Mockingbird, Beast, Assassin, etc. But i've seen Ignitors, Biches, Virgins (Virgin 7 was also available as a platinum series korean import), V's, Ironbirds, etc. So, just put down every single standard model theyve made and assume they had a 7-string. I've seen a few different teirs of USA BC Rich 7s. The lower end ones were neck-thru, with rosewood boards, one pickup only (Blaze Custom I think), low b enhancer preamp, and had matte finishes (my USA Beast7 was like this). Then there were I guess 'standard ones', which were neck-thru, ebony boards with diamond inlays, often the 4 tone holes, dual DiMarzios (Blaze Custom/Blaze), the low B enhancer preamp, and were either all maple or alder wings w/ a maple neck. Then there were 'Supreme' ones. These ones had gorgeous quilt tops, were entirely made of mahogany, neck-thru of course, dame DiMarzio pickups, no tone holes, still low b enhancer circuitry. My USA Assassin 7 was this way, and I saw a Mockingbird 7 in this configuration on DCGL before. Hope this helps.

4) The USA Washburn Sonic 7 was available in 2 different models. One had a birdseye maple board (hardtail), the other rosewood (floyd).

5) KxK made me a custom shop 7-string V (their first 7), but now make a few production models. KxKguitars.com for reference.

That's all I can think of right now. Oh yeah...

6) There were USA and Import Brian Moore 7-strings (USA was the C-557 I believe). On the Cannibal Corpse DVD depicting the 'making of' their latest album, one of their guitars is shown playing a Brian Moore singlecut 7-string guitar. The Import was the i97 or i7 or something of the like. It was mahogany with a flame top, bolt-on, I believe it had Seymour Duncan pickups and maybe piezos too. I don't recall at the moment, I just remember they were a production model for a while.

7) There are/were also USA Schecter 7-strings. I owned a USA Schecter Sunset 7, which was similar to an ESP Horizon shape, archtop, all white with an ebony fretboard, two EMG 707 pickups, bolt-on, mahogany body, maple neck. Extremely nice guitars. I believe these were made for select dealers such as DrumCityGuitarLand or whoever.

Haha, I know way too much.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
zimbloth said:
1) There was an *ESP* version of the Stephen Carpenter 7string available many years ago. Not a baritone, not a LTD, a regular neck-thru, alder body w/ Duncans...similar to his current ESP 6-string sig but a 7.
^^ The ESP Stephen Carpenter

The new ESP one for US is named the B-7.

vhaanlen

Reaction score
schecter diamond series c-7
mahogany body
flody rose

great guitar but i got it used.. dam it was messed up looks lik nothings wrong with it but got tricked cuz i bought it online

ebay number 7365496761 so u guys can look

metalrod

Reaction score
what about bostjan's bc rich 7 string he sleeps with that damn thing and won't ever stop talking about it. i think he's gonna get it surgically attached to his body like an extra limb or something. Actually I think he might just replace his arm or torso with his 7 string, wierd.......:nuts:

kovachian

not banned at all
Reaction score
Legra PG702

Feline DB7

Wendler Electrocoustic EuDaly

Koll Bridegtown 7 & Rose City 7

Steve Hicks

Fatdawg.com (yes I know they're not the manufacturer, just found a LP 7 for sale)

Timtone T4S-7

Emerald Guitars (I think Jim Soloway is selling one of these?)

Jesse Blue O'Neal

Pensa Guitars

Ormsby GG7

Hancock 7-string Natural

kovachian

not banned at all
Reaction score
Eric Christman custom

Buscarino Guitars Virtuoso

Larry Stamm

Baker Guitars

Victor Baker