The Big Ol' SS.org 2011 NAMM Rumour mill!!

• Thread starter Loomer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Another wish 'cause I have heard nada about NAMM... Maybe I should google it ha.

1. Warmoth makes 7 string necks somewhere between 26.5 & 27.5 scale and offers them on most of their current bodies for sale.

2. Dunlop/MXR releases an Axe-Fx killer. Or Presonus does. At half the price of an Axe-Fx.

NAMM is so soon we will see anything that is released quicker than we can afford anything worth wanting anyways with the economy still tanked :realmad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

trippled

Reaction score
God if I wish for something, it's a 7 string Ibanez s prestige, they never did one,
I wish they'll do the old S1625TKS in a 7 format, I'll buy it in a second.

Reaction score

You sir just gave me the gift of my favorite childhood clip from brilliant.
Odd considering I was raised in california. But nonetheless BRILLIANT!!
I thank you.

ESP/LTD better come out with something like the mh-400 but in 7 string. With a nice quilted maple top and a floyd. And possibly passive routings if it isnt too much hassle. Id like the EMGs though regardless.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if Shane Gibson still reads this forum - wondering if he can throw some gasoline on the KoRn fire, as well as his own guitar situation...

Shane is not on KoRn anymore.

Dan

Reaction score
One thing I have to say and some may not like it. Is please for christ sake Ibanez enough with the KoRn sigs. I know the K7 was possibly one of their best production 7's for the price, and i also know their impact on the Nu Metal scene was massive.

But they are WAY past their prime now, Munky was never an influential writer as opposed to Head, and the new music shows. Dire IMO

The Apex 1 was way overpriced and had awful inlays. The Apex II was a terrible colour. I just feel anything more they’re going to bring out with KORN OMGWOOOO splattered all over the place will be a waste compared to giving 7 string players actually what they want.......

MORE REVERSED HEADSTOCKS!!!!! :lol:

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
I think it's just because KoRn still bring in a relatively large audience (As fare as metal goes.) If they do a sunburst RG sig, I think it'll be worth it, as long as it doesn't have the star and 69 inlay :ugh:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
The KoRn sigs are sweet man always have been. Not a fan of the band after Head left, but they still sell a lot of units so they're valuable to Ibanez.

Demiurge

Reaction score
One thing I have to say and some may not like it. Is please for christ sake Ibanez enough with the KoRn sigs. I know the K7 was possibly one of their best production 7's for the price, and i also know their impact on the Nu Metal scene was massive.

I agree, but apparently it's still making Ibanez money. It's funny how one of their models is called the Apex... they should rename it to '1999.'

Dan

Reaction score
The KoRn sigs are sweet man always have been. Not a fan of the band after Head left, but they still sell a lot of units so they're valuable to Ibanez.

Thats the thing, i dont know practically anyone that bought an Apex I or II :scratch:

Ibanez need better inlays too. i want a re-release of the RG2610E with a REVERSED HEADSTOCK..... preferably in white :D

traditional

Reaction score
1. The tobacco sunburst Munky sig comes out. (a wish more so than an expectation.)
2. A Dino sig won't come out. He'll confirm that he's not doing one yet again, but rumours will still run rampant that he is. :nuts:
3. I'd mention the black EMG routed guitars, but it's been said again and again.
4. Dean will sign another shit guitarist that no-one's heard of and give him a sig, and continue to pump out the Dime series with specs that Dime never would have actually played.
5. Another wish. All amp/effects companies will see the Axe-FX at the Fractal booth and change their lineup/quality accordingly.

My :2c:.

traditional

Reaction score
When has Dean signed a guitarist nobody has heard of and gave him a sig?

That David Shankle bloke, with the 29 fret 7 string V who just plays an inaudible flurry of notes that sounds like bees and calls it shredding.
While nobody may be an over-exaggeration, he's very unknown compared to the majority of people that have signature guitars.

TheWreck

Grind Your Mind!
Reaction score
Some rumors about Blackstar that i got from the Rep in Canada:

-Serie One head will be available in 50watts
-Serie One 100 head with 4 channel available in 6L6 and EL34
-4x8 Cab for HT-1 and HT-5 heads

Cheers!

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to the Dean RC8, and I hope they release n RC8x for those of us still in school that can't afford the real deal James Neal. Tbh, i'm very curious about any 8 string progression from all companies involved.

Latest posts

')