The Big Ol' SS.org 2011 NAMM Rumour mill!!

• Thread starter Loomer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Coming soon, the Ibanez turd with a neck on it!

They've already done that:

url

:barf:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mayx

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a ESP M with string trough body, reversed head stock, neck trough or bolt on version, sperzel locking tuners, A bridge AND a Neck Humbucker (Passive) WITHOUT mounting rings (I hate mounting rings:agreed:), NO INLAYS!!!, SNOW WHITE SATIN Color-Option and there should be a 6 (25,5''),7 (27'') and 8 (30'') string version!

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sevenstring Front:
-Updated Munky Ibanez Sig (Sunburst w/white PG H-S) :yum:
-Hopefully an update to the Ibanez Universe 7
-Hopefully some new finishes on the RGD's and other 7's.
*Haven't really heard much from ESP or Schechter. I imagine there might be some different finishes available?
-Devin Townsend Sig 7 baritone w/ Peavey. Hopefully they'll have the specs finalized for a street release.
-Suhr 7 string modern (they should have the 7 string Suhr pups ready for this show) with some different options.

Gear:
-Rivera's Sub line will return (Paul Jr. won't give me a difinitive answer so I can order one now, only that they will announce @ NAMM). :yesway:
-Eventide Verb Factor (it's been brought up many a times all over the 'Net and Eventide did start a thread on their forum about what people want to see in it. I really hope that this happens.)
-Voodoo Lab VERSA power supply (they've been working on it for quite a while and we may see it @ NAMM)
-EMG passive sized 7 string pickups (I really hope they're not as tall as the Blackouts)
-7 string active single coils (either EMG or Seymour Duncan)
-I hope that Seymour Duncan can or maybe even have worked on the Blackout 7 passive sized to make them not as tall (so that you wouldn't have to route the pickup cavity depth on many Ibanez's).

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Sevenstring Front:
-Updated Munky Ibanez Sig (Sunburst w/white PG H-S) :yum:
-Hopefully an update to the Ibanez Universe 7
-Hopefully some new finishes on the RGD's and other 7's.
*Haven't really heard much from ESP or Schechter. I imagine there might be some different finishes available?
-Devin Townsend Sig 7 baritone w/ Peavey. Hopefully they'll have the specs finalized for a street release.
-Suhr 7 string modern (they should have the 7 string Suhr pups ready for this show) with some different options.

Gear:
-Rivera's Sub line will return (Paul Jr. won't give me a difinitive answer so I can order one now, only that they will announce @ NAMM). :yesway:
-Eventide Verb Factor (it's been brought up many a times all over the 'Net and Eventide did start a thread on their forum about what people want to see in it. I really hope that this happens.)
-Voodoo Lab VERSA power supply (they've been working on it for quite a while and we may see it @ NAMM)
-EMG passive sized 7 string pickups (I really hope they're not as tall as the Blackouts)
-7 string active single coils (either EMG or Seymour Duncan)
-I hope that Seymour Duncan can or maybe even have worked on the Blackout 7 passive sized to make them not as tall (so that you wouldn't have to route the pickup cavity depth on many Ibanez's).

I wanted the Rivera Los Lobottom sub back in '99 when they were hot cause Korn used it on Follow the Leader. It just seemed right for a 7 string too. Barely anyone bought one so they discontinued em. I will buy one instantly if they release it, especially if its cheaper than the ISP sub as Ive been looking at one of those recently. EMG passive sized 7 string pickups wont be out for years is what I was told last week by my AR guy at EMG.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I reckon Schecter will release at least one new signature model, and some more 7 strings I heard there was going to be a Solo-7.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Over the weekend I exchanged a few emails with Jim at Strictly 7, and he mentioned he's got 7 guitars at the paint shop which he will be showing at NAMM. I don't know if they will be new body shapes or not, but I will be very interested nonetheless.

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted the Rivera Los Lobottom sub back in '99 when they were hot cause Korn used it on Follow the Leader. It just seemed right for a 7 string too. Barely anyone bought one so they discontinued em. I will buy one instantly if they release it, especially if its cheaper than the ISP sub as Ive been looking at one of those recently. EMG passive sized 7 string pickups wont be out for years is what I was told last week by my AR guy at EMG.
Yeah it was one of the primary reasons I went Rivera (outside of the obvious sound and build quality) a few years ago. I've tried to get them used but most did not want to ship to Canada and the ones that did were (IMO) asking too much and shipping would've killed me (not to mention duties). They do seem like the logical thing for 7's and 8's for sure and I like you am buying one as soon as I can. I'm all about the idea of a powered sub. Rivera posted on their news section back in June/July (which is down for some reason) that because Adam Jones (Tool) was touring with their LB312 cab, they would have them back in production. I called my dealer and Paul Jr. right away and all I was told was wait for NAMM. They should be around the same price but likely cheaper than the ISP is also what I was told.

And that's sad about the EMG passive routes..... :noplease: I would've thought they would be on the ball to get them out soonly to compete with the Blackouts. Oh well......

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
And that's sad about the EMG passive routes..... :noplease: I would've thought they would be on the ball to get them out soonly to compete with the Blackouts. Oh well......

He did at least say that they are working on it but theres just so much else to do thats first in line. Who knows, maybe they can kick into high gear and have em ready next year. You never know.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
He did at least say that they are working on it but theres just so much else to do thats first in line. Who knows, maybe they can kick into high gear and have em ready next year. You never know.

What else is there for EMG to do? They don't seem to add that many products...

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
ESP have stated on facebook that the Stef Carpenter series is getting some new additions next year and that they shot the promo material with Stef last week.
I'm not sure what they have planned as they wouldn't drop a hint but I have a feeling it maybe a SC-208 as Schecter's Omen-8 has really set the standard for a cheap 8 string (it's available for £330 in the UK) and it's due some competition.

Could be this bad boy finally coming to western markets. Why it's available as a production model in Russia and not here is beyond me, but if a T-7 does land on this side of the world, I'd sell my face for one.

ESP Guitars & Basses - Russian Website

esp_stef-t7.jpg

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
There's going to be a LOT of great new stuff based on everything the vendors I work with have been telling me. I'll be at NAMM again this year, and surely will post the third annual epic NAMM thread with 20482048204823094730974 pics/videos.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
There's going to be a LOT of great new stuff based on everything the vendors I work with have been telling me. I'll be at NAMM again this year, and surely will post the third annual epic NAMM thread with 20482048204823094730974 pics/videos.

Nick you give us hope sir \m/

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score

Thank you!:bowdown:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
That design actually has some merit and good ideas, they just didn't bother to finish the idea.
With a bit more thought put in, it gives this:

Railoseries.jpg

They've done that too.

Ibanez-VBT-700-BK-E-Gitarre-inkl-Koffer-und-Gurt.jpg

Plus their old Rocket Roll Vs had the same concept as well.

I guess maybe I just want Ibanez to revisit the V shapes for this year. :pray:

jl-austin

Reaction score
I wish ESP still made the single humbucker TOM bridge RR V style guitar. I forget its actual model number, but it was essentially an M-I ntb with a RR V shape.

Latest posts

')