The Black Dahlia Murder continuing on, announces tribute show and future

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ccc444

Reaction score
Song is great imo, it's more unique than Aftermath too. It's got Brandon's look-I-can-play-melodeath-that-isn't-all-harmonic-mior thing going on.

The tone could definitely better but we're also in the 1% of obsessing over such things. I'm not a fan of the album cover though, I think everything since Ritual was better. Anyway, stoked for the album :agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
I feel like I’m in the minor here, but I’ve found both of these songs to be snoozers. That’s no insult to the group, they do what they do well, but the songs feel like they have no substance.

TheDandy

Reaction score
I honestly don't mind the tone as much as I mind the lack of bass. I think some more bass would make the tone work a bit better mix-wise. Drums seem very overpowering as well.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I honestly don't mind the tone as much as I mind the lack of bass. I think some more bass would make the tone work a bit better mix-wise. Drums seem very overpowering as well.
As I drummer I love this but I do have to agree.
I don't think it's an offensively bad mix, but I do think you guys are right in it being the worst sounding TBDM record so far.

The material though, from what we've heard so far, is great imo.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I feel like I’m in the minor here, but I’ve found both of these songs to be snoozers. That’s no insult to the group, they do what they do well, but the songs feel like they have no substance.

Yeah, I mean it's nothing they haven't been doing the last decade and a half, but it's the worst it's sounded, the mix is absolutely dead so it's a chore to listen to long enough for the good parts to come through.

')