The BlacKat Guitars thread

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
Hi,
It is indeed extremely busy period and big changes for BlacKat.
1. I'm working on new website, hope to publish it today
2. I'm writing flash config tool, hope to publish it until end of the week
3. To make sure that we meet our deadlines with deliveries we have reworked (with Skervesen) our cooperation model. Manufacturing is now split to big workshop (Skervesen) where bodies and necks are being manufactured and finished. Fretwork, assembly, wiring, nut slotting, final setup etc is moved to new mini workshop in BlacKat hq. This change was in progress in last weeks and it's done, I received first batch of guitars for assembly on Saturday and from beginning of this week I'm working on them. I'd also like to stress that this change will have no negative effect on quality of the guitars. I'm putting lots of attention into every single build, have very good tools for the job and most important - apart from my experience with this kind of work from the past, I've also received extensive training at Skervesen. I wouldn't decide to do this if I wasn't sure that I can provide same level of quality, including fretwork.

Unfortunately I'm not able to communicate efficiently with all customers at the moment and with current size of production it is also impossible for me to keep track of every single manufacturing step of every guitar while it is still at Skervesen shop. Guys at Skerv are doing remarkable job with guitars and I completely trust them, at the same time I can't expect them to send me photo updates from every day of their work as we are all too busy with actual manufacturing and doing this would only slow us down. I will however provide frequent photo updates from my workshop, so as soon as guitars are in assembly, they will be published on FB. Rest assured that all orders (including yours Pierre) are in progress and although some older orders were delayed, with new way of manufacturing we can really speed up (no assembly at Skervesen = more bodies/necks per month) and meet our deadlines.

Also as soon as website and flash tool is up I will be as responsive as usual regarding communication. Just give me some time until end of the week :).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shaynos

Reaction score
Awesome. Can't wait to check out this configuration tool.

Hoping to get my hands on a single-cut leon.

Although I wouldn't mind getting a different top to the options you had listed in your price chart - possibly wenge or ziricote with a pale moon ebony fretboard? Possible?

BlacKat Guitars

Reaction score
Pale moon is too troublesome to use in semi-production instruments. We add new features all the time, most important incoming features are NTB, macassar and ziricote fretboards, we will probably introduce more top woods in future.

Shaynos

Reaction score
Pale moon is too troublesome to use in semi-production instruments. We add new features all the time, most important incoming features are NTB, macassar and ziricote fretboards, we will probably introduce more top woods in future.

Cool, I can definitely work with that. NTB might be something I'll take you up on. :yesway:

FAiRLiGHT

GUiTAR ADDiCT
Reaction score
It'll be up when it'll be ... up :D

But if you want to order you can always do it "old fashion style" with a mail :p

Shaynos

Reaction score
I did send through an email about a month ago and Tomasz said that he was waiting until the new system was up and running before he was taking new orders.

I have been checking the website daily ever since. The suspense is killing me.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

SkullCrusher

Reaction score
Everything seems quiet at the blackat camp.

Apparently mine won't be to long, although ive heard that before.

gingerman

Reaction score
To bring up the thread updated-not-frequently-enough :)

Has anobody discussed Lace pickups with Tomek lately? Does Blackat work with Lace at all, and how do prices compare to standard BKPs? I was told by Skervesen that they do have a bunch of Lace pickups, so given the relationship between Skervesen and Blackat, I was hoping there is a good chance of getting a SingleKat with Laces... I have dropped an email to Tomek several days back, but got no response yet. Given all the "recent" (almost a month old) updates, I'll be waiting more, of course.

FAiRLiGHT

GUiTAR ADDiCT
Reaction score
From a reply posted yesterday on his FB page

Blackat Guitars said:
We've gained our speed back, that's why it's so hard to get in touch with me at the moment. I have over 15 guitars to finish in my office, most should be ready until end of the week, which means lots of NGDs . I also had plenty of work that dragged me away from computer - like improving climate control in my office/workshop, so it's stable at level that's suitable for building guitars.

Expect a lot of guitars next week :D

nikolix

Reaction score
Tomaz post something dude!!!
We are dying here....

This is a question for people who already placed an order.
Guys how did you do so? Is it in direct communication with Tomaz ?

Koziouu

Reaction score
I always have normal answer in my mail from Tomek. He is so busy, he still hard working with guitars. Don't worry!

')