The BlacKat Guitars thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gingerman

Reaction score
See - I told ya :) Regular simple status updates. No pics, no explanations, no bullshit. There's a good reason simple things like "ping" and "status" exist in IT world :)

I wanted to order but Tom disappeared - now I'm ordering elsewhere.

jamesrt2004

Reaction score
See - I told ya :) Regular simple status updates. No pics, no explanations, no bullshit. There's a good reason simple things like "ping" and "status" exist in IT world :)

I wanted to order but Tom disappeared - now I'm ordering elsewhere.
You're a very impatient person. It's your loss if you couldn't be bothered to wait.

Anywhoo keep up the great work Tom, will place an order around late Jan/Early Feb I expect :hbang:

imprinted

Reaction score
Hnngh, neeeeed!

In laymans terms what's the differences between the Feral, Ninja and Leon? Is it body shape or specs?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
You're a very impatient person. It's your loss if you couldn't be bothered to wait.

Easy, big fella. Hang around here a while and you'll see a few luthiers go AWOL with people's money and guitars. We're all a little skittish about not getting communication back from luthiers because that's the first sign that things are going south. I don't expect that's what's happening here, but we're all generally nervous.

Shaynos

Reaction score
Easy, big fella. Hang around here a while and you'll see a few luthiers go AWOL with people's money and guitars. We're all a little skittish about not getting communication back from luthiers because that's the first sign that things are going south. I don't expect that's what's happening here, but we're all generally nervous.

Exactly right. If communication is bad before you've even ordered, why wouldn't you be wary...

I was gonna order a Blackat Leon in about June I think it was, but I was told that no more orders were being taken until the online configurator was set up in a week or two.

Anyway, I'm getting something else built by a different luthier now. Hopefully things get more organised at Blackat, because I'd still like to get my hands on one at some point in the future.

ESP-Eddie

Reaction score
I don´t know about you guys but communication with Blackat i.e. Tom is pretty good from my point of view.

I receive replies and updates and I am about to receive my ordered Blackat Guitar in the next few weeks.

I´m really pumped and looking forward to playing this beauty.

Best regards

Malek

ESP-Eddie

Reaction score
Hi Reiep,

i ordered mine about January 2013 and am about to receive it in about 2 weeks.

Perhaps try to call Tom? His number is shown in the price list as well as the facebook page. There hasn´t been one occasion when i could not reach him.

Just by the way, my good friend Robin who ordered a Blackat together with me had the chance to play a few Blackats at the Musicstore in Cologne who is the official German Trader for Blackat Guitars. He is very nitpicky about workmanship, Woods and tone and he was blown away positively.

I´m really looking forward to mine.

I´ll do a review once i tested it and post it here.

Malek

ESP-Eddie

Reaction score
Howdy,

just a quick update from the rather cold germany.

Tom sent me pics of mine and Robin´s Guitars and they look friggin delicious.

Delivery will be effected now and I can´t freaking wait.

NGD Thread and of course a review will follow soon.

My Guitar is the Red Black 7 String Ninja Telecaster, and the Blue Burled Poplar is the Guitar from my good friend Robin.

Tom is currently working on 20 Guitars and he seems to be catching up from what I understand.

1779726_10152172127563320_133020018_n.jpg

1017354_10152171253478320_1282275057_n.jpg

1779252_10152171253578320_1383412353_n.jpg

1546096_10152171253813320_665132654_n.jpg

See you guys

Malek

And another pic of our beauties together.

Beautiful Contrast especially since we play in the same band.

1614324_608230132564814_1428166463_o.jpg

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
The burled poplar one looks awesome. Looks like a sonar picture of the bottom of the ocean.

RbKhhJP.jpg

Orandje

Reaction score
I know it's busy in the House of BlacKat and it's better to focus on the Builds, so just answer sometime if possible:

I'm interristed in getting myself a Feral and just wanted to know what "9 colours" are available and if there're examples to those colours.

2nd Question: Is it possible to get a Birdseye Maple Fretboard on a Feral?

Thanks!

pittbul

Reaction score
any owners of mayo,skervesen,and blackat here ? who is the winner ??? :)
Blackat looks really great...!!

FAiRLiGHT

GUiTAR ADDiCT
Reaction score
I know it's busy in the House of BlacKat and it's better to focus on the Builds, so just answer sometime if possible:

I'm interristed in getting myself a Feral and just wanted to know what "9 colours" are available and if there're examples to those colours.

2nd Question: Is it possible to get a Birdseye Maple Fretboard on a Feral?

Thanks!
For feral colors you can refer to this : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.482178141840087.118614.272741076117129&type=3

As for the birdseye maple fretboard you'll probably have to go for a ninja

Latest posts

')