The Blotted Science Merge Thread

• Thread starter Shannon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
Blotted Science owns face. I love how Webster takes a lot of the runs at speed with Ron. :eek: Killer music with no homovox. ftw.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
So when I paypaled Ron my payment for the CD, I asked him if he could sign it. Well, I got the CD today & it was signed....

"XXOXX!!!
Ron Jarzombek"

Classic. :lol:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ordered. Listened to. Jaw permanently hung open.

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
received the disk.
cdbaby ftw!
it's unholy...ron is amazing:scream: :flame:

Qucifer

Reaction score
It's food for the soul, for sure. I should have asked to have mine signed, too. :-(

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
Man, this is some really good stuff :yesway: I have to own this cd

EDIT: I just ordered it off the end records :)

FortePenance

Reaction score
This is FUCKING AWESOME. I got the Cd and it sounds brutal, technical and everything. It's just... @_@_@_@_@_@_@

This shit is fucking topnotch as topnotch as you can get, Ron Jarzombek is sick. Is he using a 7 on this record?

edit//to answer my own question, no he's not haha. Saw some vids on YouPube.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I received the CD yesterday and listened to it twice so far :eek:

This is absolutely freaking awesome, I want MORE :agreed:

D

Desecrated

There was some rumors that he had gotten a 7-string a while back ago.

If you do a search for "jarzombek" I'm sure but that thread, and the big thread about blotted science will show up. I think there might be some more info in those.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
I love Machinations of Dementia. It's been on constant spin for a while :D

I'd be inclined to think that a very big part of the tone on that album comes not from Ron's guitar but actually Alex's Bass. Ron's guitar tone isn't THAT amazing on the album in my opinion.

FortePenance

Reaction score
Yes, I think the super heavy low notes are Alex's bass. Apparently he's playing a custom made frankenstrat on that album?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Ron is a technique guru-monster hybrid. :D He's one of my favorite guitarists. His tone is distinctive.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There was some rumors that he had gotten a 7-string a while back ago.

If you do a search for "jarzombek" I'm sure but that thread, and the big thread about blotted science will show up. I think there might be some more info in those.

Not a rumor. From the man himself:

RonJarz said:
I didn't have a 7 string at the time I recorded the Machinations material , but I do have one now. It's a stock BC Rich, but I'm going to build a different body and transfer the parts. I used two gtrs to record the Blotted CD, one tuned to E (E A D G B E), and the other tuned to drop A (A E A D G B).

Alex and I were looking for a theme to base songs on and the brain/sleep disorder topic came up, so we went with it. I did a lot of reading on various brain related subjects, but didn’t know too much about the medical side of things, so I got some help from people who were more knowledgeable about the subjects. I did research enough to find ways to make the music tie in to the topics…

The ‘Adenosines’ (‘Buildup’ and ‘Breakdown’) are the same sets of tunes, but played backwards.

‘Oscillation Cycles’ taking the same musical theme and plays it at 4 different speeds (getting there via metric modulation), mimicking the 4 stages of sleep.

‘Amnesia’ plays 3 main themes, then during the 2nd half of the song, the same themes are played but lots of the notes have been left out or “forgotten”.

The main theme of ‘EEG Tracings’ plays the notes EEG in various timings.

Then there were the songs where we just tried to basically write a score to fit the titles, including Night Terror, Bleeding In The Brain, Laser Lobotomy, Vegetation, Sleep Deprivation.

Probably the most fun was the nightmares song “Activation Synthesis Theory”. Alex said he has dreams of suffocating, and drowning in quicksand. ‘Dead Guy’, ‘Monsters’, and ‘Flight In Space’ go back to when I was a kid. Probably my favorite though is ‘Spiderchase’ where I wanted a real fast melody line for spiders, but the music also fit for being chased, so we combined the two and came up with ‘Spiderchase’.

‘REM’ is a guy sleeping, then having the twitching eyes, REM sets in, then he wakes up.

‘Narcolepsy’ has the scattered string/filmscore sections where the subject is falling asleep, then waking up right in the middle of musical phrases (as if he is awake then nods off at random).

We also wanted to have a band/project name that could work with various themes and concepts should we decided to do another record. Of course the “Science” ties into the techy side of things, and the “Blotted” refers to where Alex and I came from, the ink blots, and Cannibal CD covers usually being full of blood splatters.

Ron

This CD is just completely insane on so many levels.

Oh, and I merged the threads. :ninja:

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
i got it at ProgPower this past weekend....haven't had the time to dedicate to giving it a close listen yet though, to pick out the details he talks about in the post above mine.

Latest posts

')