The Blotted Science Merge Thread

• Thread starter Shannon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
The long-awaited album from Blotted Science is out now!

This is the new release from the undisputed king of technical metal, Ron Jarzombek (Spastic Ink / Watchtower) along with bassist Alex Webster (Cannibal Corpse) & drummer Charlie Zeleny (Behold...The Arctopus).

Support Ron by picking up one of these CDs either through his website or on sale at all Cannibal Corpse shows.

Ron Jarzombek official website
MySpace.com - Blotted Science - SAN ANTONIO, US - Metal / Progressive - www.myspace.com/blottedscience

FOR TECH METAL FANS, THIS ALBUM IS JUST BEYOND SICK! :dio:

l_6f5912c5b7f5bf4a3b5c817f2d5c8b1d.jpg

l_5c4ef06b46e35a3b14010548a4fd9c7e.jpg
l_b19239bb3ab97cbe8d59d5dd594fce30.jpg
l_5bebd8130674c1a99677548948091b7f.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll definitely be getting this, this album is GOD LIKE.
its like Spastic Ink on horse steroids.

D

Desecrated

I will get it. the soundclips on the old webpage was really great.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll have to pick this one up--those two tracks on the Myspace page are some pretty sick shit.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Charlie is an amazing drummer! Saw him live a few months ago.

FortePenance

Reaction score
Holy fuck! This shit sounds sick. I'd only heard some Spastic Ink from Jarzombek before, but this is really cool.

Why didn't he get his bro to drum on the album though? I think adding Webster was really good though, I love his bass work.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^Originally the project was meant to include the Lamb Of God drummer but he pulled out so they used this guy instead. I figure they didn't use Bobby Jarzombek due to his schedule with Sebastian Bach.

Personally, I think this band is okay but not nearly as interesting as I'd hoped. I'll still be grabbing the album, however.

liquid_

Reaction score
charlie zeleny is a great drummer though. he can play anything and sound convincing in doing so.besides playing with behold...the arctopus which is also incredibly technical he plays with some pop hip hop and jazz artists and jordan rudess solo.
i personally would like to listen to derek roddy for this cd and i think chris adler wouldn't fit really well IMHO.

LI3G3KILL3R

Reaction score
These guys are doing some tasty stuff. I'm glad there are no vocals.

muffgoat

The Djentle Giant
Reaction score
I very much enjoy this stuff, I also agree on the no vocals. i love just musical instruments doing all the speaking.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
charlie zeleny is a great drummer though. he can play anything and sound convincing in doing so.besides playing with behold...the arctopus which is also incredibly technical he plays with some pop hip hop and jazz artists and jordan rudess solo.
i personally would like to listen to derek roddy for this cd and i think chris adler wouldn't fit really well IMHO.

All the music was actually written with Chris Adler in mind, though, which I think it why I don't enjoy it as much as I was hoping to - regarldess of the fact that it's not actually him on the album and I knew that months before I even heard anything, I just can't help but hear the Lamb Of God feel (albeit with cool time changes and lots of solos).

')