The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MJS

Reaction score

I don't think it works out well for people that try to help. There are probably a few others here with better access to Bernie than most, but I doubt they'd step forward to be a punching bag if they've been following this thread.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
truly sorry if if he's having health issues but we don't know that or anything else if there's no communication. so what is one to do?:wallbash::noplease:

teleofseven

spontaneus orgasmer
Reaction score
even keith had to wait for his last guitar for years, and there's even pictures of it way back when keith got the deal with BRJ, on their facebook page. it took them years to paint the damn thing and IIRC it had to get a new neck made to it (a neck through) or some other major problems.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
And curious enough- from " Merrow leaves strictly 7 thread"

"BRJ may have made some sweet guitars, but I don't have to tell anyone on this forum about his not-so-great builds, and his catastrophic business practices regarding that Black Friday thing. While most of the BRJ guitars I have owned/currently own were/are pretty awesome, I actually wouldn't suggest them to anyone at this point, just like S7. In so many ways, ordering a BRJ at this point would be far worse than even ordering an S7 (in my eyes).

Not trying to hate. You guys know the facts."

I do still love my BRJ's but I think these days my money probably would go elsewhere to avoid the hassles.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
My guess is no, but anyone hear anything recently in terms of getting a phone call through or email response?

spawnsc

Reaction score
My guess is no, but anyone hear anything recently in terms of getting a phone call through or email response?

nope, i'm almost to the point in my mind of thinking I lost my money and just chalk it up as a loss. This was my first custom build experience and probably my last unless the builder is local. This whole ordeal is fucked up. I get his sick and all but I'm sick of his business practice, if the dude is so sick that he isn't able to work on guitars and to touch base with his customers from time to time, then he needs to offer refunds or work out some kinda deal with his customers and close his doors. Then focus on getting well and spending time with his family.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score

I email'd asking about my slot sale, nothing

I email'd asking about a pickup change, email'd back within a day with a flat out no.

All within the last 4-5 weeks I think. I have now sold the slot to chad and email'd this was happening. I got no response, but chad I think also emaild and as its him I assume Bernie will sort it out when he needs to. All that'll happen if bernie emails me about my build is direct him to Chad.

I also got contacted out of the blue by someone on facebook in response to a question I asked almost a year ago saying eh was gunna give me updates ASAP, I responded with a simple question, cant're remember what, radio silence again.

jgaul79

Reaction score
All of this is very disheartening. I am looking to buy someones black Friday build slot but we both are waiting on a reply from Bernie as to whether the specks are open or not. This has been over a month ago and nothing. Reading all of the recent posts (plus the S7G topic) makes me a little skeptical if I actually want to pull the trigger on this. I guess I can wait a bit longer while I slowly thin my own heard and maybe Bernie will come back to life and talk to someone.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
^Bernie posted a finished guitar in similar specs to my order as 'for sale', I messaged asking if I could out my deposit towards that and take it and be done, after having asked several times where my guitar is, then and only then is the only time he has confirmed or denied the existence of my guitar saying mine had been cut in wood so deposit couldn't be transferred.

Maybe you have to ask him a different question that he can answer easily in order to get a clue :shrug:

That's not a joke either, if he's only answering emails he can answer easily, 'how far along is my guitar' is effort, 'can I change where my deposit is', involving money, will be a simple yes or no question and if the answer's yes he gets more money now....

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
All of this is very disheartening. I am looking to buy someones black Friday build slot but we both are waiting on a reply from Bernie as to whether the specks are open or not. This has been over a month ago and nothing. Reading all of the recent posts (plus the S7G topic) makes me a little skeptical if I actually want to pull the trigger on this. I guess I can wait a bit longer while I slowly thin my own heard and maybe Bernie will come back to life and talk to someone.

I'm still confused as to why anyone is still buying up used slots from this run? No offense to the guys selling them, but honestly if the original "buyer" in the slot isn't getting anything back from Bernie, and their guitar is 2 years in with no clue when it's going to be completed, I'm not sure why you would want to take their spot waiting in a line with no definitive end in sight? :scratch: Not to mention that Bernie has given misinformation to several folks about the actual progress of their guitars, I'm not sure I'd trust anything I heard from him at this point regarding an order.

Beyond that there is also the issue of all the spot-swapping that has been going on with guys selling off their orders/spots... considering how much trouble he's had staying on top of the original orders in the first place, how great do you think his records are going to be when it comes to the spot swaps? :ugh: Just saying, if you weren't originally involved in the run, you're taking quite a leap/gamble jumping in line at this point.... think about it, there IS a reason folks are all looking to sell their spots. :lol: I wouldn't want to be the one left holding the bag on someone else's order that never gets built... :flame:

Overtone

Reaction score
I'm still confused as to why anyone is still buying up used slots from this run?

If they get a guitar soon that is built well and at the black friday price then it's an awesome deal. Of course it's a fairly big gamble and you have to be a pretty serious optimist!

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
If they get a guitar soon that is built well and at the black friday price then it's an awesome deal. Of course it's a fairly big gamble and you have to be a pretty serious optimist!

Well based on the recent BRJ NGD threads, I wouldn't count on any of that. From the posts where people are talking about what has been said to them by BRJ recently via email, I wouldn't be taking much stock in any responses he is emailing out currently either. :lol:

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Damn guys. At this point, it's starting to sound like my 7 was the last custom guitar that Bernie made without significant build issues (except maybe Keith Merrow's white one). I'd be willing to sell it to the tune of.... 5-6 grand if anybody's looking for a true BRJ custom. PM ME!!! :lol:

Seriously though, this is all starting to sound like one big ponzi scheme where people who invested into Bernie are trying to get other people to invest into Bernie by-proxy, thus relieving them of their debt. Anybody who is trying to get in at this point is either retarded, blind, or just ignorant to the shit-show that has been going on for the last 2 years.

I know that the guy had some bad stuff happen to him, but it's rather short-sighted to say that this didn't result from years of running his business poorly. The guy had to know there was no way he was going to fulfill his orders. He had to know ahead of time that there was no way he was going to complete the guitars he already had, much less the BF guitars within the estimated time - if at all. While he ran his shit into the ground, he continued to pile on irresponsible numbers of more custom orders. Whatever he was before all Hell broke loose, he's simply not up to his family name any more. Sorry to say it, but the Rico name has been shot to shit.

Qweklain

Reaction score
This is just gettin' dreadful... I have seen my guitar finished (minus strap buttons), but I hear nothing and read all these negative posts (and rightfully so!). I should just take a weekend and fly out there and get it, and just say "When you get cases, ship one to me, but as for now, I will take my guitar sir." My company will even pay to fly me wherever I want pretty much... plus I've never been to CA before.

spawnsc

Reaction score
This is just gettin' dreadful... I have seen my guitar finished (minus strap buttons), but I hear nothing and read all these negative posts (and rightfully so!). I should just take a weekend and fly out there and get it, and just say "When you get cases, ship one to me, but as for now, I will take my guitar sir." My company will even pay to fly me wherever I want pretty much... plus I've never been to CA before.

Kick him in the balls for us while you're there and to answer his emails.

Latest posts

')