The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spawnsc

Reaction score
i wish the people who said they were going to stop by his shop would actually do it instead of saying they are going to do it.

thepylestory

tunamelt
Reaction score
I would gladly pay a fellow forum member that lives close to BRJ to stop by and rattle some cages.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
What the hell happened to this random guy who is supposed to be helping him with emails/contact etc?

Really sucks to see such a historical name go through this :(

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
i wish the people who said they were going to stop by his shop would actually do it instead of saying they are going to do it.

If even the police went there with no results, I'd imagine it's really unlikely someone from the forum will do any better. And since he's not responding to anyone, it's not like you can tell him you're gonna be dropping by on a certain day to make sure he's there. Basically, unless someone is really close by they probably wouldn't want to make the trip since it'll be for nothing.

Tesla

Augmented User
Reaction score
It all sounds like this unannounced 'sickness' could be an addiction problem. A lot of factors are there - Dropping off radar for long periods of time, stealing money, sub-par worksmanship, dropping weight.

I say this, as it's the kind of thing people don't want to announce and will just say 'sick'. Which seems to be the case. If there's any way to check rehab facilities in his area, it could shine some light on where he is. Reporters always seem to know these things. Someone could try contacting a local newspaper without giving out too much info to see if they can dig any records up? Long shot, but anythings worth a shot at this point, right?

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I don't see myself ever putting money into a guitar/amp or maybe anything that doesn't yet exist after this.

Ill-Gotten James

Reaction score
I've never posted on this thread before because I am not a black-friday purchaser; however, I do have an order with Bernie Rico Jr. Guitars and would like to throw in my 2-cents.

I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, as well as contacted my credit card company, regarding Mr. Rico's failure to comply with my purchase agreement with him. In addition, he has also failed to communicate with me, his customer, as to why my order has not been shipped yet. The last personal communication that I had with Bernie was on December 5, 2012, when I received an email stating that my guitar was complete and it would be shipped before Christmas. I was supposed to have my guitar by the beginning of June 2012.

I'm not waiting around any longer for Bernie. Sick or well, Bernie's actions are grossly unprofessional. I feel bad if Bernie is really sick, addicted to drugs, or dying in a hospital, but that's not my problem. I know it sounds quite cold, but it is his problem. Now I have a problem because I've made a few thousand dollar investment and nothing to show for it. Not even a simple phone call, or email personally from Mr. Rico apologizing that he is not able to complete, or ship my guitar on time. This is a clear example of bad business. I'm done waiting for Bernie. I'm not a friend, I'm a customer and as a customer I have certain expectations. My expectations have not been met, or have even come close to being met.

If anyone cares, I'll keep people posted with my progress, if there is any at all. To all of you that are in the same boat as me... This sucks, but hopefully it will get better.

Adrian-XI

Reaction score
Being overseas and also having bought the spot off someone else pretty much seals the fate of my deposit...

I'm really disappointed because I really want the guitar, but seeing as people who paid in full over a year ago for their "ready to ship" guitars still haven't received them, I've lost all hope.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Ill-Gotten-James, this is exactly what I am talking about. Bernie Rico Jr. was not in my wedding party. He was not there for my 21st birthday. He did not show up for my graduation, and we sure as fuck don't go see movies together.

BRJ Guitars is not your friend. It is a business. It is, in fact, a failing business. Whether or not you are uncomfortable with saying it, this is a fact that we all need to come to terms with. Take legal action and get your money back, or wait even longer for a guy who cannot (legitimately or not) effectively operate his business of building guitars.

Qweklain

Reaction score
Ill-Gotten-James, this is exactly what I am talking about. Bernie Rico Jr. was not in my wedding partner. He was not there for my 21st birthday. He did not show up for my graduation, and we sure as fuck don't go see movies together.

BRJ Guitars is not your friend. It is a business. It is, in fact, a failing business. Whether or not you are uncomfortable with saying it, this is a fact that we all need to come to terms with. Take legal action and get your money back, or wait even longer for a guy who cannot (legitimately or not) effectively operate his business of building guitars.
This man speaks nothin' but truth here! The time for waiting, being BEYOND patient, understanding, and (whether anyone cares to admit) somewhat naive to the hope that maybe shit just happened and Bernie just needed to take care of it.

Well that that hope is long gone and now if we want any resolution, we need to do it our selves, whether that be legal action, class lawsuit, or deal with our financial institutions with the fact that we have not been delivered the product for which our dollars have LONG paid for. :hungus:

Ill-Gotten James

Reaction score
Ill-Gotten-James, this is exactly what I am talking about. Bernie Rico Jr. was not in my wedding party. He was not there for my 21st birthday. He did not show up for my graduation, and we sure as fuck don't go see movies together.

This :hbang:

My personal opinion is that we should all start filing claims to the better business bureau. The more people that file, the more this issue will get noticed, and the better chances we all have of getting a resolution to our problem. Good luck everybody.

spawnsc

Reaction score
This :hbang:

My personal opinion is that we should all start filing claims to the better business bureau. The more people that file, the more this issue will get noticed, and the better chances we all have of getting a resolution to our problem. Good luck everybody.

This^ I have post links to the bbb page or two back. I have done the same steps as you and got a letter from my bank telling they are investigating it. Which is good since they didn't send me a letter saying I have case here.

People start filing to the Bbb it will hopefully help some.

Makes me angry to think my money could have went to drugs.....

Qweklain

Reaction score
This^ I have post links to the bbb page or two back. I have done the same steps as you and got a letter from my bank telling they are investigating it. Which is good since they didn't send me a letter saying I have case here.

People start filing to the Bbb it will hopefully help some.

Makes me angry to think my money could have went to drugs.....
So what do I do on the BBB page? Just click "File a Complaint" and go through the process?

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
For those of us who bought a spot from someone else, how would we go about this? Are we just boned on the deposit or would we have to get the original spot holder involved to help sort things out?

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
Welp, this is what I was afraid of. CC company said no refund, because it had been more than 180 days. When I tried to point out that custom guitars often take more than 180 days to be built, they just repeated that you have 180 days. I then asked if they were giving me the okay to commit fraud as long as I told the person it would be 7 months, and they said no :lol:. But I couldn't get them to connect the two situations, even after getting them to agree that they would go after hypothetical me.

I just want the goddamn guitar. At least now I know I have no choice but to wait.

')