The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

killertone

Reaction score
I'm not chalking up shit. I'll get something out of that guy. I know won't be any cash but I'll get something.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
Lawsuits are great and all, but the costs to file, travel, etc are often more than what you'd get. And that's if the person has any money to begin with. I've been involved with a bunch of suits from clients refusing to pay for work done (sometimes totaling in the $20-30,000 range) and even with judgements against them, if we do see any money it can take years.

In the case of these guitars, by the time you're in California and filing, you've probably already gone over what the guitar cost. For people who have 3-5 builds I could see it being financially feasible, but in my case I literally don't have a couple grand to toss around for the small chance I'd see anything in return.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
my bank called me this morning and pretty said "sorry you're fucked" since its out of the time frame that they are allowed to dispute and that I should look into other actions for getting my money back.

Guys I think we should just chalk up our losses. He may have our money but we can control his the future and reputation as a company. Maybe we should blow up his Facebook page on how much of a fraud he is, the fucker. I think its funny how people are asking on his wall how to place an order... if they only knew.

I'm so pissed

/rant

You need to take a breath. Don't make any decisions while you are pissed, that's when you make mistakes, and you can't afford to do that now.

Think about it, his future as a company looks potentially over already, and his reputation is already gone.

Calm down. take emotion out and think logically about the next course of action.

I think it is interesting how much shit is being talked in this thread but the BBB only has one complaint against him listed online. EVERYONE needs to take 15 minutes and go file a complaint. Stop discussing it, just go do it. That is step one. NOTHING to talk about that isn't useless bitching until that is done. THe BBB is not investigating shit on one consumer complaint, but you best be DAMN sure they are going to when it comes to a hundred complaints.

Step two is to determine whether or not a class-action is the way to go. Individual claims against him will have a lot of credibility if the BBB has multiple complaints. A class-action will need legal representation, and a LOT more organization than a plethora of individual lawsuits. What is the best option? Banding together under legal counsel and having to pay them, or everyone launching their own individual small claim against the business at one time.

What is another potential step? Go to your local police headquarters and file Criminal Charges against him. THis will get complicated, but it is VERY do-able.

After those two beginning steps are done, when you guys have actually STARTED on a course of action and have a game plan, then you can bitch. But honestly fellas, you need to get on this if you are going to do it. All of this conjecture, raw emotions, bitching etc isn't helping anything. Instead of writing a ten minute rant on here, write it to the BBB. "Blowing up" Facebook pages isn't going to get your money back, and will more than likely not help ANYTHING. Instead of ten people saying they are going to go "kick his door in" or whatever, do something constructive. NO ONE is going to go to the shop, they are just talking about it. Internet tough guys.

Be Smart fellas. And go get that filed. SHOW a potential claims court that you have exhausted all options and have made a record of all the times you tried to contact and the lack of response. I am telling you. GO FILE WITH THE BBB.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
And as for all the "press" talk, that isn't happening. Wait until you have multiple pending lawsuits/1 class action, 100 complaints in the BBB, Criminal charges filed etc. Then the "press" will actually care.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
If it turns out to be fraud (note that it hasn't been proven yet), this is where Craigslist sends people to report fraud: Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

That might be useful for you international guys, since they only seem to require that 1 of the 2 parties involved is in the US.

i have used that site for an unrelated matter and never recieved any repsonse from it. mabye 50 people all at once though might do something

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
i have used that site for an unrelated matter and never recieved any repsonse from it. mabye 50 people all at once though might do something

NOW you are thinking! 50 complaints from individuals against one business on that site and the BBB? Another thing to think about. THis crosses state lines, as well as country borders. Interpol/F.B.I. may get involved if enough complaints are filed.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Yeah, from the way people freak out and then never do anything at all, one would be of the impression that they paid for their custom guitar(s) with drug money or something...

Basically, the only way I got Bernie to actually deliver my guitar to me was, while he was still answering my calls, telling him it would be "very unfortunate for both of us if I had to find some other legal way to resolve our business together". He freaked out shortly afterward, but I was not feigning. If I didn't get my guitar sent to me, I would have taken whatever legal action I needed in order to receive my guitar, or receive my money back.

Just because your bank says no one time doesn't mean you should stop trying. When my bank (BoA) screwed up and deposited my money into the wrong account, bouncing my rent check, they went so far as to call my apartment manager asking them to pay the fine of $100, even though it was their fault. They're in perpetual cover-ass-and-act-like-whiny-bitch mode. If you sit down and show them that there is no fault in the fact that you had to wait further than 6 months to reverse charges, you should be able to talk some sense into them. If not, politely inform them that you would like to close your account with them and go give a local credit union your business. And if they don't comply, do just that. And then complain to corporate in an emotionless letter stating your case.

ovation22

Reaction score
No luck with lawyers and a class action lawsuit, yet. I'm not ready to give up. If others have better luck please let me/us know.

I have just filed a complaint with IC3.

I'm also going to explore filing a police report locally.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
An open letter to all SS.org members

Dear all ss.org members my name is Chris G, and I am the newly appointed production manager at Rico Jr Guitars..

Does anyone have any knowledge as to who 'Chris G' actually is? I just searched LinkedIn and friends list of Bernie Rico Jr, I can't find a 'Chris' that would have fit this description.

Where is this dude huh?

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Everyone should be filing complaints with BBB. Get enough complaints on there and I think a class action lawsuit would look more promising. No matter how nice you are as a person. Busines is fucking BUSINESS. You are TAKING peoples money and not giving them anything in return. That's called fucking theft. If he took care of this properly, and let people know what the hell was going on, than maybe this course of action wouldn't need to be taken.

But, no matter how nice a person is, when it comes to money you can't trust anyone. Sometimes legal action is the swift kick in the ass they need to get their shit together!

Khoi

Reaction score

jeleopard

Reaction score
I'm surprised it has taken you guys like 2 years to contact a lawyer. I'd get mine ready upon purchasing a custom and not hearing ANYTHING back for a month.

ovation22

Reaction score
Here's the reply I received from the California State Attorney General:

...We will retain your consumer complaint in our files because at some future date, legal action could be taken against this company by our office. If legal action is taken against the company named in your letter, your complaint could be utilized as important evidence and provide vital documentation for our use on behalf of all California consumer's interests...

Please, in addition to contacting the BBB, consider filing a complaint with the CA State Attorney General:

Consumer Complaint Against A Business/Company | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I filed with the BBB. Ill be sending bernie an email in the hopes he'll respond. I just can't believe thisis happening.

spawnsc

Reaction score
sorry guys i've had a bad day overall today and with the bank calling me saying nothing they could do just didn't help my day.

I've already did BBB about 3 weeks ago and they are still waiting to hear back from Bernie (go figure) buts going to be interesting when they start receiving more complaints. Ovation22 i'll look into the link you posted as well. Let not let him take our money and lets just all work together to resolve this issue.

spawnsc

Reaction score
Here's the reply I received from the California State Attorney General:

Please, in addition to contacting the BBB, consider filing a complaint with the CA State Attorney General:

Consumer Complaint Against A Business/Company | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General

Just filed complaint. So far we have hit the BBB up, our banks, and now this site.. the shit going to hit the fan hopefully and we can hopefully celebrate in getting our investments back.

')