The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
No rent is bring paid. He is behind on his rent.

Is the family even aware of this? I mean, let's say that hypothetically Bernie gets better and gets back to work at some point. What happens when he's behind on rent (assuming the land lord doesn't do anything), tons of guitars are warped from the lack of temperature control, and he has to start all over? I'm glad his wife finally made a statement about what's going on, albeit after a few months of silence, but they really need to be way more active in controlling the situation here in Bernie's absence.

And for what it's worth, I remember some guitars needing to get their fret boards redone last summer because of the weather. Mine was one of them and he told me this after I paid off my guitar, so the guitars becoming firewood is a very real possibility here.

:wallbash:

7stringkeke

Reaction score
Is the family even aware of this? I mean, let's say that hypothetically Bernie gets better and gets back to work at some point. What happens when he's behind on rent (assuming the land lord doesn't do anything), tons of guitars are warped from the lack of temperature control, and he has to start all over? I'm glad his wife finally made a statement about what's going on, albeit after a few months of silence, but they really need to be way more active in controlling the situation here in Bernie's absence.

And for what it's worth, I remember some guitars needing to get their fret boards redone last summer because of the weather. Mine was one of them and he told me this after I paid off my guitar, so the guitars becoming firewood is a very real possibility here.

:wallbash:

I personally talked to Bernie's wife on the phone this morning. She is aware of it now.

Reaction score
I have a guitar that is being restored by Bernie. It's a B.C. Rich Warlock that I bought years ago and brought it to him in 2011 and I already paid him in full (More than what it cost me new).

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
I personally talked to Bernie's wife on the phone this morning. She is aware of it now.

Well, that's good they know now, but Bernie's been out of the shop for like 3 months. I can't imagine that all the guitars are perfectly fine after that long. What a mess.

7stringkeke

Reaction score
Well, that's good they know now, but Bernie's been out of the shop for like 3 months. I can't imagine that all the guitars are perfectly fine after that long. What a mess.

Oh no I wouldn't be surprised if they are all ruined. The shop is in the middle of the desert during the summer. I wouldn't want my guitar now even if it was offered to me. There is no way all the set necks held up. Especially by the time he makes it back into the shop.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Jesus H. Christ. This whole shit-storm is like a Lovecraft horror nightmare slowly unfolding. God help every one of you.

spawnsc

Reaction score
I still don't believe Bernie is sick I'm just not buying into that, maybe his just sick of working on guitars but that's his own fault. I hope we get some solutions from the court. I hope he is faking it so we can get him for fraud

lametacomeat

Reaction score
Has anyone received confirmation that he is actually in a hospital? Given his reputation of lying to customers to get them off of his back, this could also be fabricated. Can anyone provide real proof other than word of mouth?

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Saw the post on FB by his wife the other day. All I can say is, I'm glad I got my guitar when I did and that I feel for you guys that still haven't received yours! :(

Qweklain

Reaction score
I got the standard copy/paste response to my BBB Complaint. However, There is no longer a business rating and instead has this...
"BBB is currently updating its files on all businesses in the Greater Los Angeles area and pending that review, a BBB rating is unavailable."

Whether or not that is directly related to the complaints against BRJ specifically or not, I do not know, but I imagine after the update is done, I would assume the rating for BRJ will not be too good...

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
FYI, the BBB sent me an update saying his is in the hospital and that medical documents can be provided. They are in communication with his wife and we all just have to wait.

I don't know that anything more can be done until he gets out.

Qweklain

Reaction score
FYI, the BBB sent me an update saying his is in the hospital and that medical documents can be provided. They are in communication with his wife and we all just have to wait.

I don't know that anything more can be done until he gets out.
Even when (or IF) he gets out, what is going to be done?

We all know his money is gone, most if not all of those guitars in that shop are worth nothing more than the burning capability if that shop has not been under temperature and humidity control, and any legal action is going to get us more of just that, absolutely nothing, but spending MORE money toward the same end result.

I think we are all completely FUCKED now at this point... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I rebuttled the response to my BBB complaint, but that too will just lead through the same tunnel that has no light at the end.

Latest posts

')