The BRJ Black Friday Thread (Only for updates for/by customers.)[Ad Free]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Are there contracts involved here for these guitars? Also, wtf,,, most of the custom companies Ive dealt with only required partial payment up front, but Bernie demanded all of it up front? Or.....?

jbard

\m/
Reaction score
Email agreements with Bernie, so basically verbal binding. He takes a deposit like most, but the rub is that he would say a guitar is ready to ship in "two weeks" and take the rest of the payment, but no guitar would go out for months, if ever (happened on my 8 string slot)

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Sorry to bump the thread without any news,

But I was recalling all of his "march madness" and "more madness" sales from this time last year, it's just a bit too ironic really.

AwDeOh

Reaction score
Sorry to bump the thread without any news,

But I was recalling all of his "march madness" and "more madness" sales from this time last year, it's just a bit too ironic really.

Is it like rain, on your wedding day?

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Is it like rain, on your wedding day?

Sort of...also like getting a free ride when you've already paid :lol:

(I blame knowing that on my ex-wife and her love of top 40 radio)

Last year's March Madness sale just means even more pissed off people out there....only they haven't waited as long.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I thought it was funny that he is having all of the Madness sales and then finds himself in a mental institution, it's a cruel joke.

killertone

Reaction score
images

Reaction score
Sort of...also like getting a free ride when you've already paid :lol:

(I blame knowing that on my ex-wife and her love of top 40 radio)

Last year's March Madness sale just means even more pissed off people out there....only they haven't waited as long.

I see the word EX wife in there and I want to give you a high five. Dating girls that like shitty music is tough to ignore. Id almost rather the girl have a Quebec nose.

killertone

Reaction score

I got this today from the Business Consumer Alliance:

Company's Response
Company's Initial Response - Posted 04/05/2013

To all of Bernie's customers, we first want to express our gratefulness for your support regarding Bernie Rico Jr. guitars. We first want to apologize for the lack of communication during the past several months and CERTAINLY understand your concerns and frustrations. These past several months have been extremely difficult times for the Rico family regarding Bernie's health issues. We seem to take our "well being" for granted, and when suddenly faced with a challenge, are not prepared for the burden it creates. It was never our intention to keep you, the customer, out of the loop in regards to Bernie's status and the status of your order(s), and in retrospect, wish we could have handled the situation differently. However, with the challenges that we, the Rico family faced during the past several months, our primary focus was for Bernie to simply recover, so that he could come back to his family. Bernie's intentions are to resume working soon, so that he can finish your orders that you have waited so patiently for. We will keep you posted on when Bernie will be back in the shop. He is getting better every day and we are hopeful he will be back with his family soon. Very respectfully, Mrs. Rico

Initial Response Summary
Bernie's intentions are to resume working soon, so that he can finish your orders that you have waited so patiently for.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Yeah, I still care for sure. This was a lot of money for me and it won't be forgotten or written off as a loss. That said I don't think Bernie is done yet, he is in his mid forties and still has a good 20-30 years before he will retire. This is a huge set back but I think he'll be back on the horse in a few months. I think this could happen to any small shop if the owner gets jacked, it's just the nature of artists.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I have a feeling he will be back at it too. My BRJ is such an awesome guitar that if he gets back to it, puts out guitars and proves he can turn them out then I will be looking to buy two spots. :yesway:

')